dezkit

Ivory Aircraft

Quick reveiw:

Pros

Looks cool from the outside.

In working condition.

Cons

High sensitivity. This makes flying very tricky.

Inside textures look horrible, like they were rushed. (please don't rush)

Getting in is tricky.

I probably missed a lot, i'm not a flight enthusiast and this is just a quick review.

This is before the hotfix.

are you gone make a service menu too ? for the f15 and mig 29 ? nice work on the models

ye lat0r

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

Quick question: are you still going to do the aerobatics version and the tactical nuke?

yeaaaa

Sorry aboot the cockpit textures. They are temporary! its alpha :)

Dezkit, I must say, now the Eagle is the legendary beast we all knew... had a memorable dogfight with 2 MiG-29K just now and, ohhh boy, it was a blast (literally)! Both birds responded accordally and was such a vicious air battle! Thanks a lot! This is just getting better and better! ;)

Eagle is fantastic! A couple of accuracy issues:

1: The proper aircraft name is F-15C. No slashes or dashes of any kind apart from the F-15.

2: The outer pylons you put the AIM-9s on don't actually exist. No F-15 has pylons anywhere near there. On the A-D models, the only pylons are the wet ones for the fuel tanks that have the two shoulder AAM mounts, where you put the ASRAAMs and AGMs on, which leads me to my third point

3: The A-D models do not have air to ground capabilities of any kind apart from an A-G Guns mode, maybe a CCIP/RP dumb bomb mode inherited from software upgrades also applied to the F-15E Strike Eagle. Never use bombs operationally. No Guided air-ground capability of any kind either. Get rid of the AGMs please.

4: The little bottom right MFD-like thing is the weapon control panel, WCP. The circular thing at the top right is the Tactical Electronic Warfare Display, TEWS (basically a fancy way to say RWR). Former usually doesn't display much else than that, latter has dots at 1 o'clock, 2, 3 etc, and displays incoming radar signatures; I can provide DCS pics for reference to make it a working WCP if you want. Same for other systems. I know the Eagle very well and fly the C quite a bit in DCS, so I know the office inside and out if you have any questions. I'll try to be on BI forums the next couple of day to help. I'll post feedback on the K as soon as I can.

One final concern I have is why the hell it has a carrier-rated tailhook??? A naval version was never made, the hook was tiny and only meant for emergency brake-out landings at airfields.

MiG-29 is also great. Some potential accuracy issues:

1: Not sure about the eight pylon thing. Most Fulcrums have six plus the centerline tank. I guess since the K has the big wings for carrier ops it could slide; never seen a Fulcrum-D pic with all pylons on.

2: the cockpit is for the old 29s, the A, S, and G. The Ks are based off of the MiG-29M which has two big-ass MFDs. I guess a cockpit remodeling would be asking for much but it should be a long run goal, unless we want to say screw it and call it a MiG-29S.

3: Not sure if the Fulcrum-D can carry the Khedge. Need to do more looking but it seems feasible

4: Turn and roll rate is simply stupid. Way too much for a plane without thrust vectoring. Hell, way to much for one that does! Tune it close to the Eagle, but keep it more touchey

Future bit about the Tornado:

It is a strike plane first and foremost. Don't put any fancy AAMs on it; stick mostly to bombs and AGMs

Edited by Blueteamguy

Eagle is fantastic! A couple of accuracy issues:

1: The proper aircraft name is F-15C. No slashes or dashes of any kind apart from the F-15.

2: The outer pylons you put the AIM-9s on don't actually exist. No F-15 has pylons anywhere near there. On the A-D models, the only pylons are the wet ones for the fuel tanks that have the two shoulder AAM mounts, where you put the ASRAAMs and AGMs on, which leads me to my third point

3: The A-D models do not have air to ground capabilities of any kind apart from an A-G Guns mode, maybe a CCIP/RP dumb bomb mode inherited from software upgrades also applied to the F-15E Strike Eagle. Never use bombs operationally. No Guided air-ground capability of any kind either. Get rid of the AGMs please.

4: The little bottom right MFD-like thing is the weapon control panel, WCP. Usually doesn't display much else than that; I can provide DCS pics for reference to make it a working WCP if you want. Same for other systems. I know the Eagle very well and fly the C quite a bit in DCS, so I know the office inside and out if you have any questions. I'll try to be on BI forums the next couple of day to help. I'll post feedback on the K as soon as I can.

One concern I have is why the hell it has a carrier-rated tailhook??? A naval version was never made.

1. Okay

2. Removed Outer Pylons

3. Removed AGMs

4. Roger Doger

5. http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v452/SUBS17/F15arresterhook.bmp (207 kB) Looks to me like it does have tailhooks.. ?

The Tornado can carry at least 2 AIM-9M for self defense in a trail on the inner pylon, very similar to the one the Eagle has... and Tornado F3 was a interceptor, it is basically a IDS with Air-to-Air radar, so we may have both versions here, just stretch a little bit the radar nose and paint it white ;)

´Bout the MiG-29K, these photos may just answer most of your doubts =)

http://www.cavok.com.br/blog/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/mig-29.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/8/8e/MiG-29K_on_the_MAKS-2009_(02).jpg

http://defencerussia.files.wordpress.com/2013/11/mc1eg.jpg

imgres?imgurl=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.279kiap.dk%2Fscreens%2FMiG-29K.jpg&imgrefurl=http%3A%2F%2Fforums.eagle.ru%2Fshowthread.php%3Ft%3D10531&h=768&w=1024&tbnid=wLyDqvHT_XROsM%3A&zoom=1&docid=yd4MsZo4z22ROM&ei=sxdfU9SYFsGr2wWN0IGYCQ&tbm=isch&ved=0CGMQMygQMBA&iact=rc&uact=3&dur=2880&page=1&start=0&ndsp=18

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/58/MiG-29K_at_MAKS_2005.jpg

We all learn something everyday ;)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

New F15-C Armament for next update:

1x 940 rnd 20mm cannon

4x AIM9

4x AIM120

2x Wing Tank

1x GBU31

sound good?

No GBUs. Just air to air missiles; 90% of all F-15 A, B, C, and D do not use air-ground ordnance. The only ones that do are the Israeli ones, but nothing fancy. I guess you could keep the GBU if you REALLY wanted to, but someone else will bitch at you about it. If you want to slap Air-Ground ordnance on an Eagle, use an F-15E

And the dash comes between the F and the 1. Sorry about being picky, but this stuff is important. F-15C. That's how all USAF birds are designated, Mission, dash, model number, major variant

And thanks on that last pic lib. The number of pylons was my big concern. And the tailhook on the 15 is for emergency landings at airfields equipped with cables. I can;t remember specific circumstances, but I know for certain that they can't happen in Arma. Yes, it can land on a ship in an emergency, but it needs to jettison all weapons, expend all gun ammo, and have less then half internal just to make sure the hook doesn't snap. It's alright to keep the model, but I think removing the functionality will make it more accurate.

The Tornado Fs by the way are not used by Britain anymore. Only Saudi Arabia, and they don't like them very much. I guess you could if you wanted though, would be an interesting alternative the the F/A-18F

Edited by Blueteamguy

GBU changed to another fuel tank then, sorry about the f15-c it was a typo.

tailhook i will leave in model and animation. wont be functional.

thanks for the feedback

only the Israelis were crazy enough to do that
Excuse me while I joke that that's reason enough to allow for ordnance. :lol:
And thanks on that last pic. The number of pylons was my big concern. And the tailhook is for emergency landings at airfields equipped with such devices. Yes, it can land on a ship in an emergency, but it needs to jettison all weapons, expend all gun ammo, and have less then half internal just to make sure the hook doesn't snap. It's alright to keep the model, but I think removing the functionality will make it more accurate.
I certainly don't see an authenticity issue with the ability to raise and lower the tailhook, but my understanding was that "trap compatibility" was also a matter of a carrier mod (read: for now, just TeTeT's port of the Nimitz) specifically supporting a jet's tailhook...? Though I'll note that Arma doesn't simulate the "has to be Winchester and nearing Bingo" aspect you seem to describe.
The Tornado Fs by the way are not used by Britain anymore. Only Saudi Arabia, and they don't like them very much. I guess you could if you wanted though, would be an interesting alternative the the F/A-18F
It's an appropriate alternative for whenever the player side in a scenario is BLUFOR but the faction isn't USN/USMC.

No problem. Let me know if you have any more questions. Please feel free to ask, I know a lot about this kind of stuff and can impart as much as you need

BTW, I am edit-happy. Be sure to go back to my posts from time to time to see if I've changed them

The tailhook is kind of silly on a plane where it is deployed once in its aircraft's entire life. I get your point, but the point if, unfortunately, wrong. Really hate to be a dick, but not really any other way to say that :(

And I never said that I didn't want the F.3. It would be frickin sweet for the British group I play with, it's just kind of funny to think about when it's been retired for three years.

Edited by Blueteamguy

No GBUs. Just air to air missiles; 90% of all F-15 A, B, C, and D do not use air-ground ordnance. The only ones that do are the Israeli ones, but nothing fancy. I guess you could keep the GBU if you REALLY wanted to, but someone else will bitch at you about it. If you want to slap Air-Ground ordnance on an Eagle, use an F-15E

And the dash comes between the F and the 1. Sorry about being picky, but this stuff is important. F-15C. That's how all USAF birds are designated, Mission, dash, model number, major variant

And thanks on that last pic lib. The number of pylons was my big concern. And the tailhook on the 15 is for emergency landings at airfields equipped with cables. I can;t remember specific circumstances, but I know for certain that they can't happen in Arma. Yes, it can land on a ship in an emergency, but it needs to jettison all weapons, expend all gun ammo, and have less then half internal just to make sure the hook doesn't snap. It's alright to keep the model, but I think removing the functionality will make it more accurate.

Not to be a thorn, but I do recall a firefight in my past where my platoon was getting hit really hard and the jtac called for cas to support and the closest asset was 2 single seat f-15 from usaf and the jtac said he was dropping a jdam though im not plane expert when it comes to spacifics but i do know what one plane is compaired to another in flight helps my servive ability on the battle field if i can properly spot friend from foe and it was a group of 2 single seat f-15 that did a show of force before being cleared to engage and did indeed use a bomb on the enemy helping us make it through that firefight, too bad my helmet came was damaged in a firefight prior to that mission as an afidavide to my story. Loving the mod so far thanks for all the hard work.:cool:

According to Jane's the F-15C is more than capable of making use of the Mk 82, Mk 84, GBU-10, and GBU-31. Just because it was originally designed as an air superiority fighter does not mean that the Air Force does not improvise and use it for CAS in some situations.

Releases frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I found some problems:

1. When your engine is not on, in first person the canopy is closed and in thirth person the canopy is open (only F15)

2. The afterburner problem is still there (F15 and Mig-29)

3. The Mig-29 has a too high sensivity and the sound is too low

But is very fun to fly, can you maybe add an action key for the Cobra Maneuver? Like 'R'.

Edited by Stekelenburg

Just get to fly the MiG-29K and I only got 2 issues (as I know you´ll work on the textures, maybe use the HUD simbology of John&Saul´s Su35, tweak just a little the control sensibility, etc....):

1-) Instead of using the KAB-500 (which strangely looks like a GBU-12), would be better to use the S-8 rocket pod, but that´s really more of a matter of taste (as I got bothered by that green KAB-500)... and speaking of taste, there´s a dotted line at the nose and tail fin of the Fulcrum that is tessalated and so has inverted volume, it should be just a flat line but got tesselated and is really "poking my eye" lol

2-) This is really a strange issue: after the hotfix, my game freezes if I spawn the Fulcrum with MCC and exit its interface or freezes when I load a mission with that plane! Does anyone else got this too? I´ve reverted to v1.4 not hotfixed and it loads alright =/

Here´s the .rpt to see if anything shed a light over this strange issue!

I just saw JohnHansen retextured the T-6A for the Brazilian Armed Forces, thanks for the permission! Or may I say: "muito obrigado, irmão!" ;)

I´m quite exhillirated with your mod, you´ve just made my week complete, thou it is still monday to tuesday! Thanks a lot, Dezkit and keep up the great work (and keep the Tornado coming ;)

cheers!

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

Nice.

2 things however:

-the Fulcrum pilot seems to be a BLUFOR pilot instead of an OPFOR pilot.

-on the Fulcrum and F-15, there is no longer the crosshair for the missiles - there is only for the cannon. Can you put them back please?

3 questions:

-Will you add the ejection seat like they did for the F-18 or the A-10?

-Will you add a service menu too?

-Will you make damaged models too?

Thanks

- F15/C

Added real weapons (AGM65)

The F15C cant carry AGM's its an air superiority fighter.

@Stekelenburg

MIG29 is very maneuverble and the cobra maneuver can only performed without munition and low fuel

just Downloaded the f15 v. 1.3 and mig29 and I had a blast!!

VERY very beautiful planes: i'll do more test...

In the meanehile: A W E S O M E work!