dezkit

Ivory Aircraft

Definitely need a external pod gun on the texan, perhaps a smoke bomb dispenser, rockets and dumb bombs. That would make a sick JTAC aircraft. Not to mention awesome fun air to air pvp aircraft!

Definitely need a external pod gun on the texan, perhaps a smoke bomb dispenser, rockets and dumb bombs. That would make a sick JTAC aircraft. Not to mention awesome fun air to air pvp aircraft!

This is in the works

---------- Post added at 11:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:49 AM ----------

Project canceled. All my data became corrupted.

You didn't think of backing it all up? You have none of it anywhere?

You could redownload your own files to restart work on the Texan. You seem to be working at a decent pace

@Dezkit, sorry to hear that bud. Don't know if it will help any but I had got permissions from IRIS for the F-15E a while back but honestly don't have the time to completely finish it. If you get permissions from IRIS (Though I think you already said you had already got permissions) I would be happy to give you whatever I have of my F-15. Its not much but it at least fly's in game and you wont have to start exactly from scratch again. So if your interested feel free to PM me.

Oh No! This is an absolute travesty dezkit!!! Your aviation addons are greatly appreciated and were well received and implemented by the community. I am no addon artist but in the future any and all of my digital storage bins are open to you and your team. I know this has to be a very disheartening experience for you but don't let it get you down fly boy. :)

Project canceled. All my data became corrupted.

What? This is horrible...:icon_frown:

uhhhh... what? Seriously? No way to recover, or anything? What... how?

Didn't You send anything to the testers \ buddies \ anyone?

Even if You'd have to rip Your own model from the p3d it's still better than nothing.

The reason why I so quick to rage is that I used my free time from the rainy weekend and spent 14 total hours making changes to the plane, waking up to the fact that it's gone due to object builder.

I might come back and redo everything, but it's going to take a lot of motivation/inspiration. My being a full-time student with a full-time job isn't helping either :)

So just to sum it all up: Yes I will be continuing the project. Delays due to real life are expected. Hourly backups will be made from now on.

Good luck to all!

Dezkit, we're all sending you our support by way of telepathy, you should be feeling it right about now. Am I to understand you lost 14 hours? And what plane in particular was it (you made it sound like a singular one)?

Dezkit, take your time buddy, I know your planes will be three times better cus you won´t make the same mistakes you´ve learned from... it is frustating to have something you´ve invested so much time wiped overnight, but I know you´ll go even further now with the learning curve!

I´m sure that, when your Eagle fly, it will be the beautiest plane over Altis/Stratis ;)

cheers and keep up the great work!

I really enjoyed all the skins you had with the previous release. I have been trying to get them to work with the latest, and I can't et the hidden selections to work. :(

I have tried a few different ways, my latest is adding the texture pack files directly and using theis code. It isn't working either...

class IVORY_T6A_1: IVORY_T6A_BASE

{

scope = public;

author = "Ivory Aircraft";

displayName = "T-6A Texan II";

side = 1;

faction = BLU_F;

crew = "B_Pilot_F";

vehicleClass="air";

hiddenSelections[] = /// we want to allow changing of colours, this defines on what selection are the textures used

{

"camo1",

"camo2",

"camo3",

"camo4",

};

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = /// changes of textures to distinguish variants in same order as hiddenSelections[]

{

"IVORY_T6A\data\t6_1_t.paa",

"IVORY_T6A\data\t6_2_t.paa",

"IVORY_T6A\data\t6_3_t.paa",

"IVORY_T6A\data\t6_4_t.paa",

};

};

class t6a_canada : IVORY_T6A_BASE {

author = "Ivory Aircraft";

displayName = "Beechcraft T-6A Texan II Canada";

side = 1;

faction = BLU_F;

crew = "B_Pilot_F";

vehicleClass="air";

hiddenSelectionsTextures[] = {"IVORY_T6A\canada\t6_1_t.paa", "\IVORY_T6A\data\canada\t6_2_t.paa", "\IVORY_T6A\data\canada\t6_3_t.paa", "\IVORY_T6A\data\canada\t6_4_t.paa"};

};

released version 1.2 of f15c and t6a

Great F15C! Good quality and nice cockpit, but the flight physics feel a bit strange if you compare it to other planes

Edited by Stekelenburg

Great F15C! Good quality and nice cockpit, but the flight physics feel a bit strange if you compare it to other planes

I am looking into this. Tweaking the flight model involves a lot of trial and error. :)

the f 15 is rally nice to but i cam kind spoiled with the F18 mod would be super cool to have the same features on the f15 too but you did a really good job to nice model

The model for the f-15 is awesome, but it is hard to lift off, which might be due to its high stall speed, which makes it hard to do just simple maneuvers. I don't know if this is intentional, but it makes flying hard. I also had problems with turning on ground, I was making the plane tip.

Still haven't tried out the new t6a, but im sure it will be better.

Hey Dezkit, good to see the Eagle released, but I´ve noticed 3 major problems with it (I know it is an alpha, so don´t take this harshly): 1) There´s no Nozzle in the engine (the pallets -> http://www.projectoceanvision.com/vox/images/chapter09/f-15_nozzles.jpg are missing in the model), 2-) There´s no HUD (the HUD is there but there is no projection of data in it) nor working gauges or mockup images on the radar, MDF and RWR displays =/

and at last, but not the least (and as other guys pointed above) the stall velocity is too high (for ArmA3 standards) and the turning speed (both in air and ground) is too slow, the F-15 is a dogfighter, turning this slow would make it an easy prey even for the choppers!

[Edit] I´ve just tested, the Eagle takes whole 23 seconds to complete a 360º turn while the Su-35 takes only 11 secs, IRL they should have almost the same compared turn speed, not half !

But as you´ve said, it is a trial and error config job, but you can compare some data from Buzzard, F/A-18E or Su-35 configs to get the best parameters ;D

The T-6 Texan on the other hand is quite perfect, loved the armed version, thou if I may I would suggest a CAS version armed with rockets pod and a pair of ATGMs... It has hidden selections, right? I bet the Brazilian Armed forces would love to retexture it to play as A-29 SuperTucano ( I know that the A-29 beat the Texan in a trials for the US Army, but they´re quite similar externally, your model should do him some justice ;) [edit off]

I am certain you will get it right in the next patch and I´m looking forward for the Tornado and Fulcrum! :yay:

Cheers! =)

Edited by Corporal_Lib[BR]

update v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@ivory_t6a.png

New update v1.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@ivory_f15c.png

Edited by Sonsalt6

I think the config would be more like the to-199

Hi,

I have just tested with the F15: great work.

I like the texture and the model a lot!!

:yay: