dezkit

Ivory Aircraft

Yeah. Mi guess is: Keep focusing on airplanes capable of landing on altis.

I would really like to see some Cessnas or aircrafts of that kind (maybe some Barons too?)

Roger.

And.

Here is a progress video. Hope you guys enjoy what's coming next update. (Note this will only be for the Yak42. Other Planes will be done later, if demand is high though)

I have made almost every gauge work.

Sorry about that. A bit more coherent this time.

I only got around to flying the 747 and 737. For shits and giggles I grouped a civilian craft with a blufor unit to make it blufor, then flew it over the lake bed with a couple of self propelled anti air tanks. They used their missiles against the 737, however only used their cannons against the 747. Testing manually I was able to lock onto the 747 with it, however the AI would not. While testing I just placed the 747 on the ground and let them shoot at it. It seems like they were targeting right above the hull of the aircraft, and occasionally some rounds would strike low and hit it.

Last thing is the damage model. When destroyed there's just a bit of flame coming from the center over the aircraft. I would be nice if it was scaled to size so that the entire rear of the aircraft is on fire.

Sorry about that. A bit more coherent this time.

I only got around to flying the 747 and 737. For shits and giggles I grouped a civilian craft with a blufor unit to make it blufor, then flew it over the lake bed with a couple of self propelled anti air tanks. They used their missiles against the 737, however only used their cannons against the 747. Testing manually I was able to lock onto the 747 with it, however the AI would not. While testing I just placed the 747 on the ground and let them shoot at it. It seems like they were targeting right above the hull of the aircraft, and occasionally some rounds would strike low and hit it.

Last thing is the damage model. When destroyed there's just a bit of flame coming from the center over the aircraft. I would be nice if it was scaled to size so that the entire rear of the aircraft is on fire.

i'll fix the ai issues and damage issues

Are you going to add lights inside the cockpit?

for the yak42 it already has lights inside the cockpit but because it's light outside in the video you can't see it. in hindsight i do believe the light is a bit too dull i'll make it a bit brighter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukpj8BuPhLU&feature=youtu.be

New video of quick landing. Still working hard :-)

nice landing, but why did you use the Yak 42 in this mod, it seems to be too outdated in the year of 2035 and even by todays standards it´s and old flying peace of scrap metal...

I prefer the 737 over all of the others! great mod!

nice landing, but why did you use the Yak 42 in this mod, it seems to be too outdated in the year of 2035 and even by todays standards it´s and old flying peace of scrap metal...

I prefer the 737 over all of the others! great mod!

The newer versions won't be outdated, they will probably still fly in some cheap airlines.

Edit: But anyway, looks great!

Edited by RedPhoenix

if there's people here that want to contribute to this project, please go ahead. i'm having difficulty trying to create character animations.

Camera shake of the landing/wheels rolling fast on the ground is awesome. Also like the sound effects added in. Good work so far!

I am proud to announce that I have been given permission to use www.premaircraft.com's Leatjet-60. Stay tuned.

also: i can't be able to use the boeing and airbuses. for now. sorry guys.

Edited by dezkit

I am proud to announce that I have been given permission to use www.premaircraft.com's Leatjet-60. Stay tuned.

damn good job! i am really enjoying the add ons

ewww.. :butbut:

that really sucks , man. sorry to hear this and sorry for the arma3 community for a potentially compromised future of this project.

i saw that coming anyways, yet again we have some greedy 'temple guardians' preventing a freeware project from a game from its development and that's really fucking annoying.

I was expecting to see some A320's . I hope you will sort that out. good luck

Edited by Lightningstrike

Will You be making static version of these planes? I love the work so far.

Of course

ewww.. :butbut:

that really sucks , man. sorry to hear this and sorry for the arma3 community for a potentially compromised future of this project.

i saw that coming anyways, yet again we have some greedy 'temple guardians' preventing a freeware project from a game from its development and that's really fucking annoying.

I was expecting to see some A320's . I hope you will sort that out. good luck

I'd like to point out 3 things before I melt back into the 5 degree Fahrenheit darkness...

1- The removal of the Boeing and Airbus aircraft from his project in no way shape or form compromises his project.

2- Greedy temple guardians? Are you high? Or on cocaine? Or something? The reason for the removal was that he found out that Mukcep, the person who released the source files for use in ArmA, had stolen the Boeing and Airbus aircraft from FlightSim. Now, the publically available (Armaholic, here, etc.) files of Wings of Peace and... and... ah and Legacy of the Cold War packs are legitimate freeware. Most of the civilian stuff in it is Russian though. Just try to accept this in your brain, tovarisch douchenozzle- If somebody creates something, for this game or FSX or anything anywhere, they have the right to restrict how people modify their work.It's disappointing when you find you can't get permissions, but in no way does that make the author greedy, nor a "temple guardian".

3- Your whole post is structured around the fact that you were expecting A320's. Well, welcome to the real world, where no plan survives it's implementation, and where what we expect often smacks us upside the head and roundhouse kicks us on our ass.

Dezkit, looks great so far. I see no problem with the altitude warnings, if there's a slight lag it's to be expected when at speed, but it seemed to work pretty damn good in the video. Now just need a tiny squeal from the tires, and a way to transmit the smell of burned rubber and a cabin full of celebratory vodka shots for surviving another landing. ;)

nice! I am looking forward for that, to be honest huge Airbuses and Boeings wouldn´t even fit in the scale of Altis... But I saw some videos of landings on Altis Airport on youtube and the most common plane used was a Dash-8 so this would be great fun...

I am going to have a look around If there are any models you could use for that...

Dash-8: http://www.premaircraft.com/DHC8-Q400/index.html

And a Fokker 100: http://www.premaircraft.com/fokker100/index.html

Embraer 190: http://www.premaircraft.com/EMB190_FSX/index.html

Embraer 120: http://www.premaircraft.com/EMB120/index.html

A340: http://www.ausbildung-pilot.de/a340-fsx-download/ / http://www.fs-freeware.net/downloads/view.download/1894

these are well made planes and maybe they´ll also allow you to use these models in your mod!

Edited by paulthephil

@Darkhorse 1-6

oh well.. lol, ahem. ok, whatever .. meh!.. forget it.

btw, the good thing will be is to code a random traffic pattern generator to have those civilian jetliners landing and departing using some sort of randomly scheduled flights through out the day , and that would be an amazing addition as a mission module for some realism.

Great mod!

Is it possible to get one of the big airplanes as a (not flyable) model, which we could use as a kidnapped plane standing at the runway...?

Just standing at the ground, with doors to open and seats to be seated by passengers.

It should be possible to walk through.

Maybe with an extra entry through the cargo bay and gangways/ladders to the doors.

And switchable lights inside.

That would be a fine thing!

Very nice looking mod! Downloading now so I can try my hand with some of the bigger jets :)

Wish list, based on this thread and the videos I've seen so far, in no particular order of importance:

Tire sound on touchdown. Love the camera "shake" though, very nice feature!

Yeah, statics.

Cargo and/or prop planes (more planes)

Maybe some kind of ILS indicator (I'm not even sure A3 has ILS)

Would be awesome to have some sort of control tower mod that would give you approach and take off instructions (heading, etc.)

Would be awesome to have some sort of way to force an AI piloted aircraft to land, from the cockpit of a military craft :)

Subscribed!

Great mod!

Is it possible to get one of the big airplanes as a (not flyable) model, which we could use as a kidnapped plane standing at the runway...?

Just standing at the ground, with doors to open and seats to be seated by passengers.

It should be possible to walk through.

Maybe with an extra entry through the cargo bay and gangways/ladders to the doors.

And switchable lights inside.

That would be a fine thing!

go to armaholic and download the airbus hostage plane it works out of the box in arma 3 and without errors (in game at least i dont look at my rpt file much :P )

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14402

Update: Everything is going swell for now on the YAK42. I just need to fix up the animations and add a few features and it will be ready to be released

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qvFkPPMw4zk&feature=youtu.be

Yakovlev Yak-42 Released

Some features/bugs that will be fixed in the next update.
- Camera shake on landing
- Rolling sound on landing
- Yoke animation fix
- Gear down/up sound
- Flaps down/up sound
- Script Optimization
- Other stuff Edited by dezkit

I want to see a A1 Avenger,the PC7 ,and maybe the C7 Kfir jet,with Helmet Mounted Sight System.If at all possible,with Shared Cockpit funtion,as in TakeOn.:cool::j: