dezkit

Ivory Aircraft

Yeah. I am actually a big fan/supporter of releasing open source content. I forgot to untick the binarization thing in arma3 tools.
No worries, especially since some stuff requires binarizing in order to work... as long as you still have the unbinarized MLODs/sources, we'll be good. :)

Awesome job dezkit!

Anyone know how to add these to the TPW mod for ambient fly bys?

I'm looking into it right now.

This mod is fantastic! I'm going to make some missions based about it for my buddies tonight including it.

Only complaint is that the engine accelerating sound is extremely loud/shrill even inside the plane. Shouldnt it be much more subdued? Aside from that, this is one of my most enjoyed addons so far :)

Will you do airliners of every ArmA-nation from past titles to present? i.e.: Nogova Airways, Aero Kolgujev, South-Sahrani Airlines, North-Sahrani Airways, United Sarahni Airlines.. And so forth and so on, or whatever name you'd like to give them.

Please mind that Nogova has dark-green/white, and South-Sarahni lightblue/white paintschemes, whereas Aero Kolgujev and North-Sahrani are likely to use red-stars in their design since they're based on communist countries. (R0adki11 knows all about Kolgujev for A2)

Anyways, nice project so far, and I hope to see many more real life and fictive paintschemes. Could you please also do an Altian Government plane, aswell as the U.S.A.'s presidential 'Airplane One' version of Boeing 747? Would be nice to see governments visit troops at home or abroad. But thanks for the splendid work so far, and I know you can't do all those request overnight, and please no hurry, and do as you like. I merely hope some of my suggestions perhaps may be included in the pack as time passes by.. But again; Thanks!

They look good and bring good gameplay opportunities, unfortunately they are way to darn slow to turn in the air.

Will you do airliners of every ArmA-nation from past titles to present? i.e.: Nogova Airways' date=' Aero Kolgujev, South-Sahrani Airlines, North-Sahrani Airways, United Sarahni Airlines.. And so forth and so on, or whatever name you'd like to give them.

Please mind that Nogova has dark-green/white, and South-Sarahni lightblue/white paintschemes, whereas Aero Kolgujev and North-Sahrani are likely to use red-stars in their design since they're based on communist countries. (R0adki11 knows all about Kolgujev for A2)

Anyways, nice project so far, and I hope to see many more real life and fictive paintschemes. Could you please also do an Altian Government plane, aswell as the U.S.A.'s presidential 'Airplane One' version of Boeing 747? Would be nice to see governments visit troops at home or abroad. But thanks for the splendid work so far, and I know you can't do all those request overnight, and please no hurry, and do as you like. I merely hope some of my suggestions perhaps may be included in the pack as time passes by.. But again; Thanks![/quote']

The Altian Government and Airforce One I will do within this week. I don't know if it's worth making other liveries from other arma nations... hmm.... Maybe.

Also other upcoming changes:

- Increase turning sensitivity.

- Decrease sound inside.

- Make sounds more realistic.

- Altian Government 747

- Airforce One 747

Thank you for all your suggestions and comments! I will post the next time I will release the latest update.

Yeah. I am actually a big fan/supporter of releasing open source content. I forgot to untick the binarization thing in arma3 tools.

Next stop: boeing 747

Good to hear, and like Chortles said it's nothin' to worry about. The best way to go about open source is to binarize the finished addon and provide the unbinarized in a separate download, as the binarization process is necessary for things to work smoothly and has the added benefit of compressing the file size down to a (usually) much more managable number. Are you planning on expanding into the bigger stuff (military/heavy transport) or just the civi passenger jets?

Good to hear, and like Chortles said it's nothin' to worry about. The best way to go about open source is to binarize the finished addon and provide the unbinarized in a separate download, as the binarization process is necessary for things to work smoothly and has the added benefit of compressing the file size down to a (usually) much more managable number. Are you planning on expanding into the bigger stuff (military/heavy transport) or just the civi passenger jets?

I will be only releasing civilian jets in this addon. If you would like military jets go look at that USAF Air Assets addon that is in the works. Both of us have very similar addons.

---------- Post added at 08:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

Boeing 747 has been added.

Note: It doesn't have custom liveries yet. Just want to hear some feedback on it.

Enjoying the 747! The copilot however seems to not be seated, and is standing atop his seat and clipping into the cockpit's ceiling.

Also, the engine sounds remain extremely loud. To the extent they caused my speakers to pop, and for all audio to cease ingame for the duration of the session :P

Terribly sorry about the sound guys. I will fix this asap in all planes.

---------- Post added 01-22-2014 at 01:25 AM ---------- Previous post was 01-21-2014 at 11:44 PM ----------

v1.04 released. I will release one more plane, the b-707.

from there on, i will work on each individual plane adding features such as interactive cockpit, better sounds, functions, etc.

Edited by dezkit

Very nice! I'm amazed by how fast you're getting the planes ready. Its extremely impressive :)

I found some small issues with the new Tu-154. It seems that the landing gear visibly cannot be raised, they appear stuck in the deployed position. In addition, the cockpit fans and some other pieces of the cockpit are untextured and display as black artifacts.

Nonetheless, I'm already thinking of ways to use these new planes in missions with friends. Their addition to the game is thoroughly appreciated!

@ Nerdwing: I'm guessing based on my own experience with porting the F-35B that there may be an overlooked error somewhere in the model.cfg for the relevant "gear up" animation(s).

@ dezkit: Something I noticed was that even with the slight speed assist of making the "taxiing U-turn" around Stratis Air Base, the Boeing 747 is not able achieve takeoff with the AI pilot... because its landing gear snagged on runway lights.

Also, Editor previewing the Il-96 got a "Cannot load material file be200\mat\glass.rvmat." error message, and for some reason it does not taxi at all, meaning that it's impossible for it to take off.

In addition to the lack of visible "gear up" on the Tu-154, Editor previewing it got me a "Cannot load texture tu154m\hull_east_smdi.paa." error message.

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

** thanks for registering :)

Thank you for your feedback everybody!

Since there a few errors and bugs and mostly all planes are functional, I will apply a patch within the next few days.

Next update will turn the mod into beta stage (v2.01), where all planes will be functional and from there on, updates will be applied to individual planes.

What is the source of the model and sounds used for the 737, 747 and Yak-42?

Mukcep released a giant open source pack of freeware FS models he converted sometime last year I think. His readme listed the authors, and all were legitimate freeware, some of them coming from the old Alphasim archive.

Mukcep released a giant open source pack of freeware FS models he converted sometime last year I think. His readme listed the authors, and all were legitimate freeware, some of them coming from the old Alphasim archive.

Yes, Mukcep did release a pack of AlphaSim models. He also released a pack of payware conversions that were deleted from YouTube, ArmAHolic and the BI Forums. I have reason to believe everything except the Yak-42 is actually permissible to be converted, and is freeware. The 737 even contains PMDG sound files which match up both HASH wise, and sound wise, to the sound file in my FSX directory.

Yes, Mukcep did release a pack of AlphaSim models. He also released a pack of payware conversions that were deleted from YouTube, ArmAHolic and the BI Forums. I have reason to believe everything except the Yak-42 is actually permissible to be converted, and is freeware. The 737 even contains PMDG sound files which match up both HASH wise, and sound wise, to the sound file in my FSX directory.

I will look into this tomorrow. I have no acceptance for using copyrighted material. All copyrighted files will be removed.

I've downloaded the updated version today and find that I cannot hear the sounds at all anymore.

Howzit, great looking jets. Well done.

I tried out the mod with a clean map (other mods loaded: acre, cba, ctab) and a lot of script error came flying by. I checked the RPT log and it had 37000+ entries such as:

Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_l_st are shared with parent bone pruz_l
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone wheels2 are shared with parent bone damper_l
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_l_st are shared with parent bone damper_l
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_l are shared with parent bone damper_l
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_l_st are shared with parent bone damper_l
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_l are shared with parent bone damper_l
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone gdoor_l_t_st are shared with parent bone gdoor_l_t
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone gearl_st are shared with parent bone gearl_osn
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone gdoor_l_t are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone damper_l are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone wheels2 are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_l_st are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_l are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_l_st are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_l are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone gdoor_l_t_st are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone gearl_osn are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone gearl_st are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone gearl_osn are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone damper_l are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone gdoor_l_t are shared with parent bone gearl
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_r_st are shared with parent bone pruz_r
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone wheels1 are shared with parent bone damper_r
Warning: b737\b737.p3d:1, vertices of bone pruz_r_st are shared with parent bone damper_r

I can send you the entire RPT if you're interested.

Edit: RPT download link: http://www46.zippyshare.com/v/679370/file.html

Note: The Boeing 737 and 747 folder both contain copyrighted material from payware PDMG 737, 747 respectively. All files pertaining to PDMG will be removed. Sound files are gone and to be replaced temporarily with tu154m.

Model and textures are otherwise provided as freeware by Project Open Sky and Thomas Ruth.

Please, if possible, delete the CJM from your hard disk. I will temporarily take down the download link.

Edited by dezkit

Oh dear God, this is amazing. Can't wait to download it once the copyright issues are cleared up.

Oh dear God, this is amazing. Can't wait to download it once the copyright issues are cleared up.

I am doing quality assurance on the next update right now. Release ETA 0-2 hrs

Hey man great stuff really liking the 42 just one thing you might be aware of, when you run up the back ramp into the cab there is a clipping issue that drops you in to the cargo bay which. That point is near the cockpit.