Sign in to follow this  
doln

Theory regarding the ending of Adapt (Major spoilers)

Spoiler warning!

Regarding Millers deception, I found a full russian texture in the game files for the OPFOR uniform, that wasn't there a few patches ago, so its not some holdover from an old direction Arma 3 was taking. I poke around in the pbos fairly often. What if, what if, Miller is a russian agent/spy/bloke whatever? That sounds like the most likely scenario, in the even that he's not working with the CSAT. Perhaps its setting up some kind of DLC, or the next expansion. Who knows? Could be cool! Maybe Russians show up in the last episode, 'Survive'?

The texture he's talking about Image is 2.2MB

It's basically AAF camo over CSAT uniform with the Russian flag patch. I highly doubt that Russians are going to make an appearance in the game.

As for Miller, he's a clandestine UKSF operator that is tasked with acquiring foreign experimental combat technology presumably for the British government (hence the name Combat Technology Research Group). As for why he didn't contact NATO, my guess is that the operation is black and denied by UK government (that would explain why Grover has no record of him) so he can't risk revealing himself to NATO as to not compromise his operation.

The texture he's talking about Image is 2.2MB

It's basically AAF camo over CSAT uniform with the Russian flag patch. I highly doubt that Russians are going to make an appearance in the game.

As for Miller, he's a clandestine UKSF operator that is tasked with acquiring foreign experimental combat technology presumably for the British government (hence the name Combat Technology Research Group). As for why he didn't contact NATO, my guess is that the operation is black and denied by UK government (that would explain why Grover has no record of him) so he can't risk revealing himself to NATO as to not compromise his operation.

We won't see him so often in Win then :p

Why would some American officer have a 'record' of Miller anyway? Is there a communal NATO filing cabinet?

Why would some American officer have a 'record' of Miller anyway? Is there a communal NATO filing cabinet?

Probably rang the British military up and asked really nicely.

So NATO doesn't invade at the end of Adapt?

Yes they do.

Maybe in later chapters you will be forced to choose working for between Miller, FIA or NATO/US. And it will affect how the game ends like in Arma2. (remember that we had 6 different endings?)

I also wonder if there will be missions to rescue NATO/FIA POWs? There should be plenty of them captured from the first chapter.

Maybe in later chapters you will be forced to choose working for between Miller, FIA or NATO/US. And it will affect how the game ends like in Arma2. (remember that we had 6 different endings?)

I also wonder if there will be missions to rescue NATO/FIA POWs? There should be plenty of them captured from the first chapter.

Considering Win will be released in like what...2 months? That's too much work.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love this but I don't think it'll happen :(

Miller was Kerry all along! The Trauma of seeing Sarge get blown up by a landmine fractured his psyche, bring out his latent leadership skills, but also causing him to attribute his heroics to a fictional characters. BI are going to pull a "Fight Club" on us! (Yikes! Double Spoiler!)

Seems impossible, no? But think about it:

Miller is never mentioned before Sarge gets blown up - you'd think given the size of the NATO-AAF force on Stratis, someone would have noticed a bunch of Jolly Good Brits Englishmen running around?

Once Sarge gets blown up, Miller miraculously appears to lead Kerry and his friends, without once having to prove he is who he claims to be. All of Kerry's friends trust Miller, as if he's someone they'd known since they got deployed on Stratis!

When Miller's giving a briefing, Kerry seems to simply be an observer.

Miller is never actually involved in any operation at the same time as Kerry.

Miller only seems to talk to Kerry and his men. Despite being at most of the Resistances briefings, he never steps up to say anything, in fact, his presence is rarely even acknowledged.(being some SBS super-soldier, you'd think Stavrou might value his input somewhat?)

Miller is only seen talking to the resistance or his men over the radio.

Kerry can disobey Miller's orders as if they were mere suggestions, yet even Stavrou (who's authority over Kerry is tedious at best) gives him an earful when he screws up.

Gekas seems confused when Kerry says that Miller hasn't said much on the issue of Oreostos, as if the Miller he knows shares everything he knows with Kerry.

November accidentally calls Kerry "Corporal Scott Miller"... or was it an accident?

Despite being "just some guy" Kerry often wanders out in the wilderness, alone, and comes back having solved pretty big problems for the resistance.

Miller mysteriously disappears as soon as a new NATO officer enters the scene.

Now, I know what you're thinking, if this is the case, why is Miller British when Kerry's American? Well, that's simple see, Kerry's too Lawful Good to even consider impersonating an officer of the US army, but since he's not British, it's completely legal for him to impersonate a British Officer!

(I should stress, this is supposed to be a joke, but if this turns out to be true, well... I don't know what to think, then... :butbut:)

My theory

They have no clue who Miller is because he is either:

A) A PMC and so are the other CTRG guys, and have been sent there by a 3rd party (Russia perhaps) to start the war so they can gain some sort of advantage from the chaos.

or

B) The CTRG group acts like the CIA, and is trying to overthrow the government that is loyal to CSAT, and then wiping out the FIA as they may try to oppose a British puppet leader that could be installed. They may be working for NATO secretly, or just for the UK.

Yeah, I rather think that:

-either Miller and his guys are former UKSF (SAS or SBS) who now work as PMC.

He takes the lead when attacked because he used to do it when he was in the UK army

-or he's still in active duty, but as black ops, and NATO has nô information whatsoever

I wasn't surprised, I always thought Miller wasn't what he says (especially in Survive)....

Well...

Do you guys remember this little pic?:) Sure it's from before A3 was even officially announced, however:

1. The mysterious "R" character is just a CTRG officer and was marking Miller as a potential.

or

2. "R" is actually Mark Reynolds (as speculated by many back then), still alive and kicking. He recruited Miller & Co. for his New World Order friends and now Miller and the gang are executing orders. Remember how they went into the Mike 2-6 Radar dome and found all the coms equipment destroyed? Why would the AAF destroy such assets? I say the equipment was just fine, but was taken out by Millers group when they blew the radar dome. With long range coms out and a delayed NATO response, they bought themselves some time to finish whatever they were doing on the islands.

Edited by Maio

Well...

Do you guys remember this little pic?:) Sure it's from before A3 was even officially announced, however:

1. The mysterious "R" character is just a CTRG officer and was marking Miller as a potential.

2. "R" is actually Mark Reynolds (as speculated by many back then), still alive and kicking. He recruited Miller & Co. for his New World Order friends and now Miller and the gang are executing orders. Remember how they went into the Mike 2-6 Radar dome and found all the coms equipment destroyed? Why would the AAF destroy such assets? I say the equipment was just fine, but was taken out by Millers group when they blew the radar dome. With long range coms out and a delayed NATO response, they bought themselves some time to finish whatever they were doing on the islands.

So CTRG was under ION company? If my memory was correct, Reynold was very aware Chinese influence and was planning to undermine it?

But what has this to do with Altis? I don't see why would CTRG or Reynolds interesting in a small Mediterranean island state?

So CTRG was under ION company? If my memory was correct, Reynold was very aware Chinese influence and was planning to undermine it?

But what has this to do with Altis? I don't see why would CTRG or Reynolds interesting in a small Mediterranean island state?

Nope, I worded my post wrong :) There should have been an "or" between point 1 and 2. They are separate "theories".

The PMC campaign had 2 endings, the one in which you save the weapon inspectors and info of China's involvement surfaces and the one where you side with Reynolds and kill the inspectors in order to prevent "destabilization". I assumed that the Reynolds ending was canon in the Armaverse.

As for Reynolds/NWO interest... who knows... plutonium deposit/cold war warheads ?

Edited by Maio

As for Reynolds/NWO interest... who knows... plutonium deposit/cold war warheads ?

I think it has to do with some sort WMD, remember that weird looking military research facility, with many bio/chemical labs near the International Airport?

And I got my previous post wrong as well, Reynold was working for the Chinese I believe, thus he planned to kill UN inspectors to cover up Chinese nuclear weapons involvement.

But in that case it doesn't make sense how CTRG is fighting against CSAT. Since if Reynold is working for Chinese, wouldn't that makes his CTRG part of Chinese/CSAT forces?

I think it has to do with some sort WMD, remember that weird looking military research facility, with many bio/chemical labs near the International Airport?

And I got my previous post wrong as well, Reynold was working for the Chinese I believe, thus he planned to kill UN inspectors to cover up Chinese nuclear weapons involvement.

But in that case it doesn't make sense how CTRG is fighting against CSAT. Since if Reynold is working for Chinese, wouldn't that makes his CTRG part of Chinese/CSAT forces?

Nope, my conspiracy theory revolves around the fact that Miller and his men are not CTRG/UK navy, they are just pretending (who knows, maybe they were discharged/went private). I guess when I'm being hunted by local armed forces on their own territory, checking the credentials of a bunch of UK SF members that offered their help would be the last thing I do (plus if I recall correctly, the highest ranking US solider left alive was Sargent Lacey and I doubt he had access to NATO personnel rosters, especially those of SF operatives on the islands).

There was a line somewhere in Adapt that was something along the lines of

"The AAF think NATO supported a terrorist attack" (during one of the early briefings I think). Perhaps this is something Miller and co got up to which caused the AAF to retaliate against NATO in Survive. At the start of 'Survive' you fly over Camp Maxwell on Stratis and see a heli dropping some guys off. I think that was Miller arriving on Stratis after pulling off some attack on Altis.

Miller was Kerry all along! The Trauma of seeing Sarge get blown up by a landmine fractured his psyche, bring out his latent leadership skills, but also causing him to attribute his heroics to a fictional characters. BI are going to pull a "Fight Club" on us! (Yikes! Double Spoiler!)

Miller is never mentioned before Sarge gets blown up - you'd think given the size of the NATO-AAF force on Stratis, someone would have noticed a bunch of Jolly Good Brits Englishmen running around?

Once Sarge gets blown up, Miller miraculously appears to lead Kerry and his friends, without once having to prove he is who he claims to be. All of Kerry's friends trust Miller, as if he's someone they'd known since they got deployed on Stratis!

Miller only seems to talk to Kerry and his men. Despite being at most of the Resistances briefings, he never steps up to say anything, in fact, his presence is rarely even acknowledged.(being some SBS super-soldier, you'd think Stavrou might value his input somewhat?)

Kerry can disobey Miller's orders as if they were mere suggestions, yet even Stavrou (who's authority over Kerry is tedious at best) gives him an earful when he screws up.

Gekas seems confused when Kerry says that Miller hasn't said much on the issue of Oreostos, as if the Miller he knows shares everything he knows with Kerry.

November accidentally calls Kerry "Corporal Scott Miller"... or was it an accident?

Despite being "just some guy" Kerry often wanders out in the wilderness, alone, and comes back having solved pretty big problems for the resistance.

Now, I know what you're thinking, if this is the case, why is Miller British when Kerry's American? Well, that's simple see, Kerry's too Lawful Good to even consider impersonating an officer of the US army, but since he's not British, it's completely legal for him to impersonate a British Officer!

(I should stress, this is supposed to be a joke, but if this turns out to be true, well... I don't know what to think, then... :butbut:)

This is genius. Impossible, but genius all the same.

This is genius. Impossible, but genius all the same.

Ha...that sounds like the plot from Spec Ops: The Line...

Hasn't Miller and Kerry operated simulatenously at rescue Nikos mission, at Stratis? Kerry has lead distraction team, Miller has lead extraction team.

Your theory makes PERFECT sence but there`s a flaw. When you get in the car with Stavrous in the Common Enemy mission, Stavrou will talk directly to Miller (Falcon). Also, if you played the Win episode, you might recall what Crossroads said about Scott Miller in the Moral Fiber mission.

Before the Win campaing was released I thought that

2015: Altis and Stratis become indenpendent from Greece trough a referendum. A pro-Western government is placed, which would be the FIA's political branch, backed by Stavrou and Nikos (this explains why in the end of the Adapt campaing you have Nikos telling Kerry after he's rescued from Stratis "Now we're a step closer to our legitmate government, a step closer to the status quo". In Latin, status quo means "how things were before", besides, Europe in 2014 alone has 2 confirmed indenpendence votes for Catalunia and Scotland. No wonder you see the Catalunian flag in the map marker list.

Circa 2020/2025: CSAT (Canton-Protocol Strategic Alliance Treaty) is formed. A strategic alliance between Iran and other 5 countries that probaly include China and Russia). Chinese and Russian economic decline put Iran in a leading stance. (These countries have good diplomatical relations and Russia, China and the other BRICS are slowering down their economic development since the guranteed crash we'll face in a near future. That's also why it's widely said that western economies are on decline and that Iran has "jobs, influence, growth...fuckin' China man." You can see the Iranian flag in CSAT soldier's shoulders.)

2025: CSAT sees Altis and Stratis as a strategic port towards the countries bathed by the Meditteranean, besides of an excellent missile base for medium range missiles, which consists, for example, a lot of the Russian, Chinese and 100% of the North Korean nuclear arsenals). They therefore decide to sparkle a civil war in the 5 year old Altis and Stratis republic, so they have a government that is friendly towards CSAT.

Circa 2025/2030: CIA and MI6 realize that this is a coup towards Altis and Stratis so they decide to NATO decides UK and USA would step in as peace keepers and stop the civil war. Note that the FIA government is losing the war and the AAF, which is CSAT backed, is winning.

2030: NATO steps in and to not get itself into further diplomatic trouble with CSAT, sides with the new AAF government with the intention to stop the blodshed as fast as possible to avoid further international tension. This is where Cpt Scott Miller comes in. Miller and his Brittish team, don't have that name actually because in the end Crossroads says that there's no Cpt Miller. But in a special operation, CTRG got lost and were captured by FIA guerrilas. They meet Nikos and Stavrou and are told what's really going on. Therefore the CTRG change names. They're now Miller, James and others, who make friends, make personal bonds with the guerrilas but are declared MIA.

7/7/2035 (drawdow 2035 mission): Civil war is considered ended, however, Miller, as he understands the story of the FIA which is now guerillas who got deposed by AAF, needs to find a way to get the FIA back in power. So he decides to create a false flag operation, where NATO would fight AAF in order to give political power to FIA He first waits most NATO forces to leave the island in order to get things done more easily. Then he decides to blow up Kamino base, which is the less defended but one of the few left that still has both NATO and AAF forces. A day before 7/7/2035 he planted explosives all arround and blew all the things up in the drawdow 2035 mission, so that NATO feel like AAF is hostile and AAF is hostile towards NATO, when in fact, both are being fooled by Miller.

Commander Mac Kinnon discovered this so he said he'd need logistical support at Kamino Base, but then it was too late. Mac Kinnon was killed by Miller in an ambush.

This explains why in the adapt campaing it was said CSAT and AAF considered a terrorist attack the event that sparkled the AAF/NATO fight.

Miller is not an enemy of NATO but of the AAF. Thats why he joined Kerry and other US forces at camp maxwell.

CSAT moved in because it knew the AAF couldn't handle NATO forces alone and CSAT could not lose the missile/air/naval base that Altis/Stratis would become.

CSAT plans taking over Europe.