Sign in to follow this  
makhno

New Terrain N'Ziwasogo (Wip)

Looks awesome, that is what is missing in vanilla Arma series, jungle warfare. The only drawback is the jungle not be too dense, it would intensify the combats.

Looks awesome, that is what is missing in vanilla Arma series, jungle warfare. The only drawback is the jungle not be too dense, it would intensify the combats.

Might also be a performance issue with dense jungle, unless I'm mistaken. But I'm likin' what you guys have right now!

Reminds me of MBG Vietnam, it isnt as laggy as EvanCat forshadows, and my rig is just a HP Pavilion with 8GB RAM, this IMO would be the perfect map for videos and also missions, Now all i need to do once this baby is out is use mine and Atins Marines(the N-B USMC project, releasing possibly next month) and fight some of Massis African Rebels. also one thing i must say,

this+MCC's new Mission maker (using zones to pick the town)=SF missions Galore

Makhno: great job dude ;) I'm also coming out with a new African project, but for A3 only ;)

Between biggest problems:Buildings

Unfortunately in all ARMA terrains (due to terrains size mostly) it's very hard to avoid being "boring" and make each town look unique.

It would have been nice if a building maker showed up with a collection of 100+ different houses ready-to-go.

Somewhat irrelevant but on the other hand..Very relevant..

Not really ideal for this map I guess, but Mondkalb always creates the best buildings for ArmA. Just wait a bit or ask him, maybe he'll release something fitting for this map (Besides his A2 Buildings).

@Mr Pedersen : don't know. Didn't make battalion sized missions yet. But you should be able to test it by yourself in a not too distant future.

So this is an African setting. Are there African units (opfor) in development yet?

I have a campaign in progress at the moment on Lingor which I will port across to this map if it's to be dry soon, and if the African characters are available.

There are Massi's "African Conflict", already available, and Yes, i'm also developing African Units.

good job, wish I had done something as pretty for Wamako :)

EDIT. Yes, africa seems to be newest theme, swedish forces pack got some african units aswell. We haven't focused so much on it.. yet, but it might come :)

i got 2 things to say

Upon looking at the screens of the Airfield on the GIGN site, maybe you should make the airstrip more noticeable like make where it is more worn looking from where the planes take of

and also, i cant wait for this map, especially to play with the NB USMC units i've been helping make

I'm very excited about this map. I love a good jungle map, but my favourite (FSF_Jungle) is very unstable under @A3MP.

FSF_Jungle was very nice... Once of my favourites.

If this new map is as good as "Jungle" was I'll be VERY happy

A few people were asking about African Factions. There is of course Massi's excellent pack. Now useable with ALiVE too.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160607-African-conflict-a3

Pls note that Massi's pack does also require his weapons mod pack http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160599-NATO-SF-and-Russian-Spetsnaz-WEAPONS-for-A3

Also a new "Aggressors" pack with a combination of Taliban style middle east, Chechyan style eastern european fighters and indeed African Pirates.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?172069-Arma3-AGGRESSORS

Again ALiVE compatible.... and soon to be updated with the much needed Vehicles and armor !

SJ

Got so many mission ideas for this! Map looks good so far, especially under Arma 3 engine :cool:

Thank you for this map, I've been waiting for a jungle map for Arma 3 since its release.

I'm sure I know the answer to this but....is there any plan to release the map without any dependancies? It will be very difficult for me to play without the ability to SaveGame during a mission which seems to be common with any maps with ported content from A2. I hope there's a fix for the save problem in @A3MP eventually.

Two main problems : Without an updated Visitor placind objects from A3 is a nightmare (extremely time consuming) and anyway what would a jungle island look with mediterranean buildings ?

So definitely not feasible now.

really hate how u need A3MP to even play this map.... damn downloads always dont work or stop downloading when its almost done.

Question:

* Is there a server with this island runing that I can join?

* African/terrorist units? and British or other units addons would be nice on this island?

maby somthing for a good mission maker?

SAS in Africa:

Edited by Mr Pedersen