Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

when all 3 episodes are released...then what

BIS to work on optimization or content?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. BIS to work on optimization or content?

• additional content features etc
    • optimization, AI, all round performance

Ähm, I don't want to be the anti-happiness police, but you've read that sentence with the DLC that was quiet unprecise - they wrote "some" I think. What they meant was, you have no guarantee that all DLCs will be for free

Wrong. Those of us that bought the supporter edition did so with the knowledge that we would get *All* future DLC for ArmA 3.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/25/4462756/arma-3-beta-now-live-three-different-digital-bundles-available

And to bring back the chart, here is what everybody who bought the supporter edition saw before buying. Note the word "all".

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/zemljaje11/2222222_zpscda7aea8.jpg (182 kB)

Yeah but you only get the DLC, not the Addons, or DLCs for Addons :p

And to bring back the chart, here is what everybody who bought the supporter edition saw before buying. Note the word "all".

http://i1144.photobucket.com/albums/o492/zemljaje11/2222222_zpscda7aea8.jpg (182 kB)

Would be interesting to see the message while hovering the Question mark. I'm almost sure I read somewhere something.

Yeah but you only get the DLC, not the Addons, or DLCs for Addons :P

Jeah perhaps as Tonci87 explained

Yeah but you only get the DLC, not the Addons, or DLCs for Addons :p

If they go that route then they will have blatantly lied to/fucked over those of us who bought the supporter edition. I support BI, I enjoy their games, but if it turns out that they told us they would give us the DLCs for free when they never had any intention of doing so, then I won't buy another BI game.

-edit - By "Addon" do you mean "Expansion/Stand-alone expansion"?

If they go that route then they will have blatantly lied to/fucked over those of us who bought the supporter edition. I support BI, I enjoy their games, but if it turns out that they told us they would give us the DLCs for free when they never had any intention of doing so, then I won't buy another BI game.

Yeah that's what he means.

Maybe BIS will finally release ArmA II 1.63 when all A3 episodes are done to finally end the 18 months of beta patch phase.

The Supporter Edition disclaimer was flat-out clear that it only covered paid/premium DLC for Arma 3 itself and not standalone expansions, sequels, or DLC for those standalone expansions and/or sequels.

Maybe BIS will finally release ArmA II 1.63 when all A3 episodes are done to finally end the 18 months of beta patch phase.

they actually said they were working on a 1.63 but f knows when especially all the devs are on arma 3 I think

The Supporter Edition disclaimer was flat-out clear that it only covered paid/premium DLC for Arma 3 itself and not standalone expansions, sequels, or DLC for those standalone expansions and/or sequels.

^this

It was clearly written that this would only include DLC for the main game (if any) and not Expansions and their DLCs.

You bought the supporter Edition, not the FreeDLC Edition. At least I hope you bought it to support BIS. Anybody who paid more to get the supporter edition because he wanted to have free DLCs isn´t very good at math.

My 2cents (or current wish list)

I'd like to see them work together with the Alive team and really optimize the alive system for the game and visa versa, then just include it as part of the package, It compliments the game perfectly and really does feel like it is just part of the game anyway even in it's unfinished state, Im more proficient with the Alive system than any of the other gameplay modules that shipped with the game?

Also if I understand correctly Rydygier is helping out the Alive team with his awesome hac/hal system so I would like his skills and left field ideas used to help build a more intelligent AI that understands different threats I.e. Riflemen no try and kill APC with rifle, APC stays clear of AT units etc, maybe some type of rock/sissor/paper system where each unit understands that they are either on par with threat, no match with threat or has superiority over threat and from there either dukes it out, stays low and quiet or retreats... It currently feels like they just move to their waypoints and fight to death with anything that they find along the way.

Also better coordination and behavior with transport units both air and land when in contact, so intelligent disembarking and the ability for vehicle and units to act independently but as a single unit so to speak. For example ai units disembark from helo and helo provides overwatch sort of thing, this not so important I guess but would be nice to see.

Throw in MCC mission control, or more specifically the mission generator because it's simply awesome, of course it would somehow need to be built into the Alive task system so that generated missions are built on or around current Alive tasks.

Which reminds me, optimal convoy behavior for obvious reasons due to the Alive logistics module.

Oh what the hell! Throw in bCombat to boot, it is still being developed but it's going to be the "go to" AI mod IMHO,

Yeah, game should be sweet after that, next MP...

Cyprus invasion or Vietnam or any African war mod would be good.

I really miss old school weapons and vehicles like m16 or m113, m60

HTC Incredible S cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

^this

It was clearly written that this would only include DLC for the main game (if any) and not Expansions and their DLCs.

You bought the supporter Edition, not the FreeDLC Edition. At least I hope you bought it to support BIS. Anybody who paid more to get the supporter edition because he wanted to have free DLCs isn´t very good at math.

Pretty much this too... though I'd further add that Supporter Edition also came with Arma X: Anniversary Edition for Steam, but of course that sounds hilariously besides-the-point to those inclined to buy the Supporter Edition (read: almost certainly already had Arma X's contents).

Ironically, I hope that BI announces a separate "season pass" (though Supporter Edition buyers would already have this)... of course "AAA" games' season passes are announced ahead of time since the DLC is "internally-at-least" confirmed/planned before such AAA games' launch, so it'd actually be unethical to announce/offer an Arma 3 season pass until paid DLC is actually confirmed... but now that it is... :D

@ Katipo66: At this point, devs are way more likely to roll their eyes at "make my favorite mod as default vanilla" posts than to actually heed them.

Edited by Chortles

@ Katipo66: At this point, devs are way more likely to roll their eyes at "make my favorite mod as default vanilla" posts than to actually heed them.

I truly believe the devs roll there eyes all day in this forum :P

Sure my post is a shameless wish list and simply my opinion on the question ...Then What? i think the Alive system is more than a mere mod, its a very powerful system that in my opinion helps Arma realize its full potential, intelligent maps, tasks, support, logistics and so on... what an awesome tool to implement into the game and provide some "Gameplay" or else sure, lets wait for some DLC for us to fluff around in the editor with.

^this

Depending on what you are saying, Tonci87. :confused:

About the DLC rumor, is it going to be free or is it going to add up to my $90.00 I paid for arma 3 in retail. :eek: (no offense guys)

Cyprus invasion or Vietnam or any African war mod would be good.

I really miss old school weapons and vehicles like m16 or m113, m60

HTC Incredible S cihazımdan Tapatalk 2 ile gönderildi

I'd like North Africa. Tunisia or something. Play as Germans vs Iranians...

As mentioned before, I hope they release a few armors for FIA faction. Currently FIA are even weaker than Takistani and NAPA from A2, at least these two have armors and even helos.

I wouldn't mind if they are just reskined vehicle from previous games, pretty sure that M113, BMP-2 and T-72 will still being use in 2035, at least by 3rd world.

As mentioned before, I hope they release a few armors for FIA faction. Currently FIA are even weaker than Takistani and NAPA from A2, at least these two have armors and even helos.

I wouldn't mind if they are just reskined vehicle from previous games, pretty sure that M113, BMP-2 and T-72 will still being use in 2035, at least by 3rd world.

Why would the FIA have armor? They should be weaker than the Takistani Army. A rebel faction like theirs, with a culture where civilians aren't accustomed to carrying guns and other military hardware, wouldn't just have access to tanks and stuff. Now, if they'd actually stuck to their original idea and had a local resistance made up of former Hellenic Armed Forces soldiers and officers, THEN we'd have more plausibility for FIA tanks and helicopters.

Depending on what you are saying, Tonci87. :confused:

About the DLC rumor, is it going to be free or is it going to add up to my $90.00 I paid for arma 3 in retail. :eek: (no offense guys)

Jay Crowe confirmed that there would be both free and paid DLCs, but Supporter Edition purchasers will get complementary access to the paid DLCs ("season pass" style). For example, next month's MP reveal is free for everyone, while "Premium DLC will demand new content and features that build upon what we consider to be the base - or 'vanilla' - platform. They're designed to be reasonable in scope and to meaningfully contribute to the 'big picture'."

I'm not sure whether or not the announced third terrain would be a free DLC or a paid one.

Why would the FIA have armor? They should be weaker than the Takistani Army. A rebel faction like theirs, with a culture where civilians aren't accustomed to carrying guns and other military hardware, wouldn't just have access to tanks and stuff. Now, if they'd actually stuck to their original idea and had a local resistance made up of former Hellenic Armed Forces soldiers and officers, THEN we'd have more plausibility for FIA tanks and helicopters.

Indeed, as it is now works pretty well. I really wish we'd see some armed offroads, or some captured MRAPs, but it's not *too* bad a setup as is.

Why not?

FIA was splintered from AAF when civil war erupted 9 years ago, they should have a significant military hardware. Also consider that many AAF personals switched side throughout the war to FIA. (see operation Exit Strategy)

In Arma2, both NAPA and Chedaki were rebel forces, yet armed with some outdated armor and helicopters captured from government.

and....Takinstani resistance indeed have APC, but FIA doesn't have any armored vehicles at all currently.

It's not that I wish to see FIA armor battle in the campaign, but having it in editors.

I just went back to A2 and check the editor

Chedaki has T-72, BMP2, Mi17, Zsu-23, BRDM, Grad, pickup with recoilless guns

Even NAPA has some T-72 and BMPs.

I think FIA should has some reasonable light armors, maybe outdated ones.

Edited by Lugiahua

i hope the store version of this game will be updated when all 3 episodes are released.

means: if someone buy DVD of arma 3 in a shop, the DVD include the full campaign (all 3 episodes) with its patches and content.

i hope the store version of this game will be updated when all 3 episodes are released.

means: if someone buy DVD of arma 3 in a shop, the DVD include the full campaign (all 3 episodes) with its patches and content.

Why would they? You have to activate the game on steam anyway, and then it can download all the updates.

Why would they? You have to activate the game on steam anyway, and then it can download all the updates.
Have you ever tried to download a game at 87 kb/s ? Out her ein the east german outbacks we heavily rely on DVD and thats why in still not into ArmA 3.