Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

when all 3 episodes are released...then what

BIS to work on optimization or content?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. BIS to work on optimization or content?

• additional content features etc
    • optimization, AI, all round performance

The poll is pretty pointless. Why? Because content creators don´t work on the AI. They can focus on both if they stop assigning Arma devs to other projects.

yeah I know content creators cant work on AI etc... I thought everyone would already guess that before criticizing my opinion.

so no its not just pointless. none of this is aimed at the designers or creators anyway.

its aimed at all the guys who can indeed optimize the engine and AI and sort out this CPU threading issue.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion I get that dude. I do not wish to bicker like everyone else does.

you can see yourself what the decision is.... mostly everyone is wanting the performance at the moment, and maybe this will give the message to BI

yeah I know content creators cant work on AI etc... I thought everyone would already guess that before criticizing my opinion.

so no its not just pointless. none of this is aimed at the designers or creators anyway.

its aimed at all the guys who can indeed optimize the engine and AI and sort out this CPU threading issue.

everyone is entitled to their own opinion I get that dude. I do not wish to bicker like everyone else does.

you can see yourself what the decision is.... mostly everyone is wanting the performance at the moment, and maybe this will give the message to BI

Include a third option that says both and you will see what everyone wants.

Include a third option that says both and you will see what everyone wants.

Im not sure how to simply add another option but, if I were to add it it would actually say "both - but takes longer"

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

or by not voting at all... that means your not fussed therefore meaning both

I'd like if they would make expansions like for example DCS.

I don't mean buying an expension to play a different infantry, but one expansion for detailed helicopters (Bring in take on), one expansion for detailed aircrafts (clickable cockpits, realistic avionics), one expansion for detailed tanks.

And then, perhaps a mission that behaves like the dynamic Falcon campaign. Clans could become brigades and divisions that work together against other divisions.

Or merge the world of arma with the world of dcs or something like that^^... but I guess I'll be dead until there will be such a multi simulation simulator^^...

just... just let me continue my dreams....

I believe someone is working on a cockpit interaction module ;) this makes it that much more realistic towards DCS ;)

_______

HEADS UP IM GOING TO MAKE ANOTHER POLL BUT THIS TIME IT WILL BE MORE CHOICES TO CHOOSE FROM AND IT WILL BE JUST ABOUT WHAT WE WOULD LIKE BI TO CONCENTRATE ON

Then I will consider Arma 3 to be final. I will write a review.

can't wait! (for arma 3 being final ofcourse)

Obviously, try to improve the AI.

They should grab some formal computer science guy to have a higher view of those problems than just programmers.

Obviously, try to improve the AI.

They should grab some formal computer science guy to have a higher view of those problems than just programmers.

I will include some sort of option where I put HIRE someone to look into the performance while BI carries on with normal duties

well, there is AMD guy helped BI to implement HDAO, so why not ask for help anyone experienced in multithreaded programming?

Im not sure how to simply add another option but, if I were to add it it would actually say "both - but takes longer"

---------- Post added at 13:34 ---------- Previous post was at 13:33 ----------

or by not voting at all... that means your not fussed therefore meaning both

Why would it take longer? As I said, content creators don´t work on AI.

theres gotta be someway of at least coming up with an idea to speed this performance fixes up surely...

i mean outside help?

surely theres companies that could piss all over this engine and fix it

I'm sure somebody had the exactly same thoughts years ago about Arma 2. Hope dies last so keep it up guys miracles do happen :)

i'm nor sure, but havn't BIS tough, investors might get interrest in RV engine, if it will be more polished, and up to date to modern standarts? Iron Front is maybe not the best example, still quite fun game to play with.

I am actually still hoping for a CSAT campaign dlc. :>

I guess we will see both new content as well as bug fixes and optimization, I dont think its the same people working on the different things.

ok i guess i mean what would you like BIS to focus on.. i dont mean taking in game designers away from their work because thats their job.

but seriously are there companies that can help BIS out???

I Heard there will be DLCs, i buyed the big box supporter edition, so i get them all 4 free. i want a lot of dlc with new contet ! :D

I Heard there will be DLCs, i buyed the big box supporter edition, so i get them all 4 free. i want a lot of dlc with new contet ! :D

Ähm, I don't want to be the anti-happiness police, but you've read that sentence with the DLC that was quiet unprecise - they wrote "some" I think. What they meant was, you have no guarantee that all DLCs will be for free