Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

when all 3 episodes are released...then what

BIS to work on optimization or content?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. BIS to work on optimization or content?

• additional content features etc
    • optimization, AI, all round performance

wrong thread dude BUT no clue could be anytime...

your steam normally updates before the changelog is released :)

I wish so ,but you know there is one project which keeps disturb the A3 process ...

do you mean something that totally broken the old game in the server browser ?

still too many alien servers in ArmA 2 server browser

Seeing as how everyone is throwing their 2 cents worth in, I thought I'd pitch in. Also this is my opinion so please don't tear me to shreds :p

To be honest, yes DLC would be nice but it depends what type of DLC it is. Just another Nation with a campaign is good and all but me personally, id like to see them bring more realism to Arma 3. For example a proper Medical/Wounding system, something like ACE 2 did but maybe a tad more complex, and yes I have no doubts the ACE team or some god of a modder will fix that if BI dont :p Or possibly a easier way to make terrains for Arma 3, i dont know :P The modding community has grown so much in the past 2 years that some people in the community are making amazing addons that are greatly improving ArmA 3's gameplay experience and in some case's are rivaling or even beating the stuff BI are putting out, no offense BI. (eg Red Hammer Studio's Russians expansion) BI said they want to create the most realistic game possible, and i know like me and everyone else would like to see some of those VBS features in also. Not too the complexity of VBS but similar. Right now I' just would like for better game optimization and bug fixing, but maybe we can see some different stuff down the line that maybe we weren't expecting like different Nations eg (Australia, Israel and such) ;)

no shit, you just opened my eyes. Saying "this game has issues", will help everyone so much.

Well you certainly don't help by shutting down anyone who brings up an issue with the game...

@maionaze - I expect an expansion pack to have China as the main antagonist, judging by the side chatter of some soldiers in 'Survive' (the comment about the "big boys" in the Pacific). It'll either be US vs China, US vs China-allied power, or US-allied power vs China-allied power. Hopefully they bring some large ships as well. That'd be sweet. But, again, my point was that, as awesome as that'd be, I just want some meaningful changes to AI. Because currently, they are a chore to command, and really seems like enemy AI is by default better than friendly AI, and might be just me, but AI under your command seem worse than non-grouped AI. That's a discussion for another thread, but that's what I really want to see fixes to after all 3 episodes are done. But, most likely, we'll either see the jets by the time of the third episode, or before or after that. Then we'll see the regular dev branch updates followed by the occasional main branch updates, then an announcement about a DLC (honestly, given Arma 3's development, not sure whether to expect BAF/PMC-esque DLCs or an OA-esque Expansion Pack next).

Dan;2603981']^I can see AI navigating on ships being a big issue TBH.

They have problems using cars, I don't even want to think about what will happen with ships.

Dan;2603981']^I can see AI navigating on ships being a big issue TBH.

Yeah. But a feasible way of doing it is not having any navigation on ships, and just having crewed positions, like the seat positions in a smaller boat or land vehicle or helicopter. That's the most feasible way of doing that. Then it at least looks like the ship is crewed. Either that, or they'll be static (hopefully not).

Yeah. But a feasible way of doing it is not having any navigation on ships, and just having crewed positions, like the seat positions in a smaller boat or land vehicle or helicopter. That's the most feasible way of doing that. Then it at least looks like the ship is crewed. Either that, or they'll be static (hopefully not).

Static would be worse than not having them. So yeah I guess your solution is the best idea.

Im sure they will work in more DLC's, and of course they will still working on updates as usual

I wish to see Russia again, but since i know, they will the "the bad guys" again, unless bi would make them neutral power at least, like in Syrian conflict, stoping 'murrica from bombing this country.

Yes, please!

Dan;2604243']Static would be worse than not having them. So yeah I guess your solution is the best idea.

I definitely do not expect BI to get walkable ships working.

they really need to focus on content creation (Vehicles and weapons) and bug fixes.

I would sacrifice the content for the performance...

+1 tyl3r99

Exactly my thoughts, I sacrifice all new content from BIS for the sake of performance.

I'm sure the community will add all stuff later :) So performance and release the tools and we are fine :D

I would change sacrifice to DELAY instead at least hell with it ill make a poll

I hope there wont be an expansion pack which will fix bugs, just like what happened with Arma 2, so we must pay double amount of money for normal gameplay.

http://i.imgur.com/ArqHJmYs.png

I want to vote both.

i did think about clicking the able to vote twice option but it wouldnt really give a clear view of what a MAJORITY of people are looking for.

anywhoooo why would you want more content when the performance ruins the fun for them...

in my opinion if BIS got the AI fixed, a bit more CPU optimization and engine optimization the game would be ok, not forgetting the work Dwarden is doing for MP at this moment in time.

with a smooth game your going to enjoy the new content more.

+1 tyl3r99

Exactly my thoughts, I sacrifice all new content from BIS for the sake of performance.

So the designer and 3d artist will do nothing while the other are balancing/improving the game?

So the designer and 3d artist will do nothing while the other are balancing/improving the game?

i didnt say that...

its pretty obvious that the 3d artist and designer will just carry on with their work...

im on about coders, programmers all the people that can assist with fixing this engine and cpu issues.

not to mention, the long awaited SLI fix thats been here nearly a year now and not fixed...

it seems that resources are not being very well distributed where they are needed

I just want the game to rape my CPU, GPU and RAM for all it's worth before giving up on my framez. Not drop my CPU and GPU usage when a wild AI unit appears lolzor. :pet6:

I'd honestly buy Arma 3 again (donate) if they added some decent performance enhancements, such a good platform but it refuses to scale, making it another corridor shooter (scale wise)... Although if you want thousands of units on the map the only feasable way (optimized engine or not) is unit caching, like the Alive modules.

The poll is pretty pointless. Why? Because content creators don´t work on the AI. They can focus on both if they stop assigning Arma devs to other projects.