Sign in to follow this  
Tyl3r99

when all 3 episodes are released...then what

BIS to work on optimization or content?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. BIS to work on optimization or content?

• additional content features etc
    • optimization, AI, all round performance

soooo what happens when all 3 episodes are released?

is there any major plans? DLC?

or maybe work on improving the most important aspects such as AI and Optimization.. THEN work on more projects?

I'm sure they will attempt to fix errors as long as they can. That's a great aspect about the Arma series though, with mods and mission making the gameplay is only limited by the players imagination

Then I will consider Arma 3 to be final. I will write a review.

after the 3rd episode is released. does this mean BI will have more resources to fix issues that need to be addressed since alpha?

after the 3rd episode is released. does this mean BI will have more resources to fix issues that need to be addressed since alpha?

I wish so ,but you know there is one project which keeps disturb the A3 process ...

maybe they will concentrate on bugs for a while then start adding things... who knowwwws

Ofcourse there will be DLC's. Something tells me we gona see chinese army, since they are in CSAT, if i remember. I wish to see Russia again, but since i know, they will the "the bad guys" again, unless bi would make them neutral power at least, like in Syrian conflict, stoping 'murrica from bombing this country.

I think that BI will wait until the end of MANW contest to take most popular ideas into account when planning a new DLC. I hope that BI will concentrate on long-awaited features and realism, not on modelling of yet another pack of fictional vehicles that almost identical to ones we already have in-game.

deleted comment

Edited by tyl3r99

an engine overhaul would be good but hey ho lol

made me lol

btw don't let people who have no clue tell you things... only the devs know, or maybe not since they are not even finished with the 2nd episode xD

made me lol

btw don't let people who have no clue tell you things... only the devs know, or maybe not since they are not even finished with the 2nd episode xD

exactly mate, that's why I brought up the conversation about after the campaigns finished.. will it be hands on deck curing the performance issues? that pretty much everyone has an issue of some sort with

I hope for something else than China, Russia or more Murrica and Britongs for a change... There are other military powers in Eurasia, something more than the usual AAA titles' cliches would be nice. More OA/Resistance like expansions with actual features and less smallish and unfinished DLCs would be nice.

I think it is pretty obvious. Continued patching/fixes/optimizing and priced expansions. Maybe some small-scale free content updates.

Then announcements of announcements, outstandings ideas (on paper), delays, disappointments, improvements and repeat.

Then announcements of announcements, outstandings ideas (on paper), delays, disappointments, improvements and repeat.

then why you not rty yourself as BI president? I'm sure you can get rid of all you have listed, and make yourself and everyone here happy!

maybe they will concentrate on bugs for a while then start adding things... who knowwwws

You're funny. Doubt it. I'm not even sure whether to expect a DLC. I mean, I'd rather they take the time to fix a lot of the issues with this game before moving on to another Expansion Pack that will have the same issues as this game. But I doubt it. At this point, I don't care about MANW or any new features. I wish they'd stop bringing in new features, and wholistically focus on fixing issues, not bugs, but making overhauls on commanding, AI, health, etc.

---------- Post added at 13:48 ---------- Previous post was at 13:46 ----------

then why you not rty yourself as BI president? I'm sure you can get rid of all you have listed, and make yourself and everyone here happy!

Cut it out with the trolling and sarcasm. It's not necessary. There are issues with the game. There are times when BIS will announce something only to take it back (that's Arma 3's history right there). Stop trolling anyone who has something negative to say about the game.

yeah +1 i would vote for them to delay a DLC to fix bugs... hm poll? lol

This is what has been announced for 2014:

2014 is going to be an amazing year for Arma 3. Things are only just getting started, and we are all committed to continued support.

Knowing BIS, they'll be far from done with their game once EP.3 comes out, and they'll surely want to keep the updates coming.

They have a huge task on their hand looking through the sea of tickets on the feedback tracker. I wouldn't think they're done even if little is seen happening. Going by the feedback tracker, the most assigned tasks seems to lean towards "Game crashes/AI Issues/Multiplayer/Performance/Gameplay/" etc.

You're funny. Doubt it. I'm not even sure whether to expect a DLC. I mean, I'd rather they take the time to fix a lot of the issues with this game before moving on to another Expansion Pack that will have the same issues as this game. But I doubt it. At this point, I don't care about MANW or any new features. I wish they'd stop bringing in new features, and wholistically focus on fixing issues, not bugs, but making overhauls on commanding, AI, health, etc.

Just like OA did for Arma 2...

Cut it out with the trolling and sarcasm. It's not necessary. There are issues with the game. There are times when BIS will announce something only to take it back (that's Arma 3's history right there). Stop trolling anyone who has something negative to say about the game.

no shit, you just opened my eyes. Saying "this game has issues", will help everyone so much.

The forums will be filled with users that keep their cool and don't give semi-aggressive reply's to posts that are not directed towards them :)

As for the thread topic. My guess is an stand alone addon involving some Pacific Island chain and the mandatory Asian themed CSAT task force (and hopefully a rogue pirate island nation) + continuous bug fixes.

Considering that quite a lot of bought the Supporters Edition, that is meant to have all the PAID DLC stuff thrown in for 'free' I would expect to see some pretty amazing stuff.

As for the thread topic. My guess is an stand alone addon involving some Pacific Island chain and the mandatory Asian themed CSAT task force (and hopefully a rogue pirate island nation) + continuous bug fixes.

^this, especially as it would (hopefully) give them a good reason to get the PhysX stuff sorted for ships. (also have a NATO marine core fighting them perhaps).

But for DLC, don't know anything that I would put in that isn't too big for an Expansion, except perhaps fleshing out NATO and CSAT a bit more like in A2. (READ - Air Transportation Units for each of them :D )