Sign in to follow this  
Mensur

Need help with system specs.

I currently run ArmA3 on the following:

Intel ( R ) Core (TM ) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30GHz

RAM: 4GB

System type: Windows 7 , 64-bit

GeFore GTX 660

It runs okay I guess, however at times it is not smooth as it should be, especially when there is a lot of AI on the map.

Are my system specs good enough? What am I missing? Someone please advise.

Thanks!

Hi, theres a sticky thread for your questions:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?147391-Will-my-PC-run-Arma3-What-CPU-GPU-to-get-What-settings-What-System-Specifications

be sure to search before you post in the future.

As for your question, your specs are fine, better then mine at least for the gpu, but lag can be mission specific too, on average for me I get 35-50fps.

Just make sure your Hd is defragged, no registry errors, turn off any power hogging background programs.

To alot of us the game isn't completely optimized so it will vary from person to person, and of course the mission your playing, be it sp or mp.

Search around theres a couple threads already discussing performance.

You really need to learn how to give specs. These are very minimal. I have no idea:

1) how much RAM on your graphics card

2) how many sticks of system RAM

3) speed of system RAM

4) CAS latency of system RAM

5) hard drive (how fast, what brand)

6) brands in general

IQ settings are also good to list, as well as actual specifics about your performance.

You will only get back as much as you give with these posts, and you have given basically nothing.

I see what both of you are trying to say. But I cant be all specific now, I don't know much except what my PC shows me when I right-click properties on my C drive. Anyway, thing is I'm trying to get a better Processor, but before I do so, I'm looking for some advice. (i.e. is it worth it or not)?

I run ARMA 2 on Very High always, and it runs perfectly smooth. I think ARMA3 huge maps just kills my PC.

Biggest difference I've noticed by far was overclocking CPU from 3.1 to 3.9ghz. However it causes heating issues if you don't have proper equipment

Overclock your CPU to 4.2- 4.4 and you will be fine. Your CPU is the easiest to overclock out there .

Thanks, this might help.

---------- Post added at 04:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:40 PM ----------

I'm noob, how do I do that exactly?

If you're a noob, don't overclock, certainly not by 15-20%. You might be able to get a 5% bump without problems. Might. Might mess up your BIOS settings in the process. Probably. You can easily fry a chip/motherboard with one wrong click, so ignore that 'advice'.

ffs why does everyone tell people who know almost nothing about computers to "just OC it", like there are no risks for a total novice or generic computer?

Short answer: I can't speculate without full specs.