Sign in to follow this  
lucki

placing weapons on a table

Somebody knows an easy script for multiple weapons placed on a table?

I've tried through addweaponcargo in a game logic, but it places one rifle on the ground.

Long story short, like the tables appearing in the campaign.

Somebody knows an easy script for multiple weapons placed on a table?

I've tried through addweaponcargo in a game logic, but it places one rifle on the ground.

Long story short, like the tables appearing in the campaign.

If you're trying to place items on a table take a look at this shot. Note the items placed on the shelves, the power tools on the Ammo Crate and items on the table.

2013_12_23_00001.jpg

They all used this code .(Where 0.81 is the height above the ground)

this setPos [getPos this select 0, getPos this select 1, 0.81];this enableSimulation false;

*See here to see it in action. Beerkan-FARP-Design-2-0

*Gratuitous self-promotion. :rolleyes:

Beerkan,

It worked fine, thank you. Finally I was able to put 3 rifles over a table.

BTW, in your FARP script, appears portable lights, but I don't see them in current version of Arma 3...

Does 'enableSimulation false' make them ignore gravity? Also, is there an easy way to determine what height the item should be at, or is it trial and error?

Does 'enableSimulation false' make them ignore gravity? Also, is there an easy way to determine what height the item should be at, or is it trial and error?

Yes it does until interacted with AFAIK, and yes you have to use trial and error (also depends on both objects size)

Toxicsludge,

I always set height at 0.81 and it works for me.

Would you be able to use the same functions (getPos) on static buildings already on a map to generate items that spawn inside the buildings through a script without manually placing spawn points all over, or would that be a different set of functions?

Thanks for the replies guys. There should be a "thanks" button...that way I wouldn't have to add a response but I wouldn't feel rude if I didn't :)