Opticalsnare

Blastcore Tracers A3

anybody else with this have an issue where the tracers turn white during the day but still look awesome at night?

Not possible to attach real lights to tracers ? Is it using too much resources ?

Not possible to attach real lights to tracers ? Is it using too much resources ?

Well i did do some testing few years back with attached lights and someone did make a mod with lights on tracer fire but i dropped my attempts because it caused other lights to get cut off because i think the game only 128.

Same problem here - I have created a Imgur Album with Screenshots :yay:

Link - Screenshots are taken with almost default Settings (only Depth of Field reduced to half):

http://imgur.com/a/EeVPo

-HDR is Standard

-Tried different Configurations of Antialiasing

-Tried diffenent Postprocessoptions

-Videocard Drivers are updated

-Gameversion is newest Stable

Edit:

Just testet all Air Vehicles. The Po-30 Orca Heli and the To 199 Neophron (CSAT CAS Plane) are also equipped with pixel Tracers.

Same problem for me.

yeah some tracers look really weired. Playing without tracers mod for the time being.

Opticalsnare, please check you PM.

That's what mine to as well. Have you tried messing with the graphics settings?

Edit: Depth of Field does this, set to 0 and enjoy

It was in fact Depth of Field for me, thanks.

Does this work for all tracer bullets such as hlc weapons and rhs weapons? Or just vanilla ammo?

This was made for Vanilla ammo. So if weapon mod uses A3 ammo then it will work correctly. I've tried it with RHS and HLC weapons, but both RHS and HLC uses it's own ammo. And tracers look little weird.

I just tried it with Massi's updated nato SF weapon pack and the tracers from the LMG's using Massies own ammo look like beach balls coming at you. LOL.

Anyone else see this or do I have something else going on???

I'm going to try the edited on from FoxFort and see if it's different\better!

Hey Opticalsnare, I have made some changes on your "Blastcore Tracers A3" and released it on Armaholic.

Please check it out and tell me what you think. Also check your Armaholic PM.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29359

What exactly did you change?

What exactly did you change?

There is a changelog on Armaholic link. Plus right now I'm making compatibility patch for RHS weapons.

There is a changelog on Armaholic link. Plus right now I'm making compatibility patch for RHS weapons.

Ah, right, thanks. :)

All i have to say is, "in before OS Rage!!"

The last times someone just decided to HELP OS there was a shit storm ...

@FoxFort. you should have got his permission Before making the changes and posting them on armaholic. 

Some mod authors REALLY dont like that approach. Althought I TOTALLY appreciate it and im sure many other do as well doing things in the wrong order could mean removal or your posted update and a serious scolding from the Original author. 

I hope OS, is happy someone has helped him, and accepts the help as it is, HELP.. and maybe continue to develope blastcore!!

Please come back OS... and be nice!

• Like 1

If the original author has abandoned his work, and someone wants to pick up the tab, giving full credit to said creator, where is the harm done?  Mods are made for the community to enjoy.  The community as a whole benefits.

Hopefully OS does not see an issue with this.    Should be a no brainier that fixing issues is done to ensure the mod continues to be viable, not to disrespect the author...

Any thoughts FoxFort on fixing Blastcore smoke grenades?

All i have to say is, "in before OS Rage!!"

The last times someone just decided to HELP OS there was a shit storm ...

@FoxFort. you should have got his permission Before making the changes and posting them on armaholic. 

Some mod authors REALLY dont like that approach. Althought I TOTALLY appreciate it and im sure many other do as well doing things in the wrong order could mean removal or your posted update and a serious scolding from the Original author. 

I hope OS, is happy someone has helped him, and accepts the help as it is, HELP.. and maybe continue to develope blastcore!!

Please come back OS... and be nice!

It is ok to modify tracers. OS stated that in first post. As it is not part of Blastcore Phoenix

Lordprimate, I hope that Opticalsnare wouldn't mind for my version, primary since he wrote on this thread: 

"Freely allowed to de-pbo, edit and republish"

and 

"they (BCT) are free to be modded by whoever."

accuracythruvolume, that's part of Blastcore: Phoenix, so I won't be touching it.

Anyway, new version is ready, try it it and tell me what you think:

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=29359

Thanks FoxFort!

I'll definately add this to our group of nerds' Client Side repo.

RHS compatibility = nomnom :)

Just a heads up, i added your key to my server, and although the server launches fine, I cannot join my server with your mod running... I get kicked for your mod every time as soon as i disable your edit of the tracers i can join my server just fine

IE my server is signature protected, something with the key / bisign is corrupt. so its not usable on a secure server

Thanks for the update though hope you can get that ironed out so it can be used on secure servers

Hmm, so signature problem is still present. I also got same reports from users of my other A3 addons. But I don't have that problem. I'll look into it. Thanks for heads-up, Lordprimate.

Hmm, so signature problem is still present. I also got same reports from users of my other A3 addons. But I don't have that problem. I'll look into it. Thanks for heads-up, Lordprimate.

No, Thank You for your efforts!!! I do have a mod signing tutorial somewhere around here and on ARmaholic. its preatty straigh foreward if your also having problems with other mods maybe have a look see, see if my process yields different results. 

looking foreward!! Thanks

Fine works FoxFort!

Just a quick thought:

The main visual problem with tracers is still that they are too big and clumsy when the viewer is very close.

Would it be possible to reduce that effect by using a tracer model with multiple lods, so that a more 'filigree' model is displayed when viewed from near, and a model with better visibility (like the current one) when viewed from a distance?

That does sound like a good idea, it's worth checking it out. But the problem is that my experience with Oxygen 2 is 0, nada, nonexistent.  :D  :(  

Only tracers that I made to be big are Tank shells 1 and AA 35mm 0,055 all other should be small, with NVG they look little little bigger but not to big. Are you experiencing big tracers with or without NVG?