Opticalsnare

Blastcore Tracers A3

Will the newer version still work ok with stable or is it RC/devbranch only?

Will the newer version still work ok with stable or is it RC/devbranch only?

This version works good with v1.58 and at the same time it's ready for v1.60

• Like 1

Thank for this, does this fix the giant "ball" tracer bug I've seen over the past month or so?

Thank for this, does this fix the giant "ball" tracer bug I've seen over the past month or so?

I don't know about that. The BCT has been tested with HLC, Massi and RHS weapons. There is also support for ACE. Outside of those mods I don't know. But be sure to use correct optional PBOs with these mods.

I don't know about that. The BCT has been tested with HLC, Massi and RHS weapons. There is also support for ACE. Outside of those mods I don't know. But be sure to use correct optional PBOs with these mods.

Your mod will be working with RHS?

Your mod will be working with RHS?

It works now and it will continue to work with RHS, that's why it was written that it was tested with RHS weapons ...

Thanks for the update.  So IF I'm running RHS I just drop the optional pbo into the addons then?  I noticed that the ACE pbo is the same as the one in addons.... by design or should it have _ace after it ?

Thanks for the update.  So IF I'm running RHS I just drop the optional pbo into the addons then?  I noticed that the ACE pbo is the same as the one in addons.... by design or should it have _ace after it ?

Yes, just drop optional PBO into man AddOn and that's it. As for ACE if you have read the ReadMe file, you will replace primary pbo with one from ACE folder and that you should back up primary one.

I know this thread is for the tracers but Blastcore FX thread is locked.

Seems on 1.60 there is an issue with heavy weapons by the looks of things and am wondering if anyone knows how to fix it? Seems to occur every time you fire a high caliber weapon such as the 3CB Wildcat's cannon:

rV3g0da.png

Go to the first post on this topic and read the 3rd line, what does it say?

Well I'll be. What the heck was I thinking of? Could've sworn it was OS who this whole drama was about a year ago.

Oh, it was the main mod apparently not BC-tracers. Interesting. 

I'll edit my comment to reflect that, apologies for the misinformation.

I know this thread is for the tracers but Blastcore FX thread is locked.

Seems on 1.60 there is an issue with heavy weapons by the looks of things and am wondering if anyone knows how to fix it? Seems to occur every time you fire a high caliber weapon such as the 3CB Wildcat's cannon:

rV3g0da.png

Sorry, I only can work with BCT addon. 

Well I'll be. What the heck was I thinking of? Could've sworn it was OS who this whole drama was about a year ago.

Oh, it was the main mod apparently not BC-tracers. Interesting. 

I'll edit my comment to reflect that, apologies for the misinformation.

OS gave a green light only for this addon, other addons are still locked by OS.

Hey everyone, I've updated tracers to work with Apex DLC new weapons/bullets. You DO NOT need to own Apex DLC in order to use it. If you own Apex, it will be activated, If you don't have Apex it will be still activated but it will not interfere with your gaming.

MediaFire Download

• Like 2

If you find any bugs, either post them here or PM me.

Hey FoxFort. I really appreciate you keeping Tracers up to date!

However, with the optional RHS pbo, most vehicular 20mm, 30mm grenades creates huge smoke puffs upon detonation. It seems to have something to do with the inheritance you rewrite alot of the ammo with.

In the rhs_ammo_30x113mm_M789_HEDP case, in RHS it inherits from B_30mm_HE, but in your config you rewrite that inheritance to BulletBase. I tried creating a patch that loads after your patch where I change the inheritance back to B_30mm_HE and while applying your tracer info, there's no more mini smoke bombs fired from the RHS AH64, AH1Z, ZSU-24 and so on.

If you want I could send you a small code sample.

• Like 1

Good spotting mate, well If you want, you can upload your optional pbo here, so that people can use with my version. It's up to you :)

• Like 1

Copy that!

I only "fixed" a few so far. I'll run through and test them all and link it here. I think it'll be done by the weekend or so. Cheers!

• Like 1

Here's the file I've tested out for a day or so. Seems to work fine, minus the smoke puffs generated when you use the optional smoke-pbo in Blastcore.

Keys and everything is in there; https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4170539/arma3/mods/release/%40bamse_rhs_bct_fix_v1.0.zip

sorry for being a n00b, but how do you use this fix? just use the 1.22 version from foxfort and overwrite his files with your fix?

thanks! :lol:

My small fix doesn't overwrite any files.

Use FoxForts mod as usual and just load this one aswell, either by loading it as a separate mod, or just put my small file in the directory where you have foxforts files already. Exactly how you do it really doesn't matter as long as it gets loaded. My small fix depends on foxforts mod so it will be loaded afterwards.

• Like 3

New mod v1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey FoxFort , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.