Opticalsnare

Blastcore Tracers A3

By the way, A10, AH1W and AH64 (all from RHS mod) have not tracers when i use "FoxFort Edit". I dont know why.

Greetings.

If you check RHS changelog they said they said they were removing tracers from those vehicles I believe.

Is anyone having an issue where ground light vehicles like the offroad are not producing any dust when driving?It used to be if you stopped quickly,a small amount of dust would drift up past your windscreen-but now nothing.And nothing behind the vehicle either.Any ideas? Thanks :)

If you check RHS changelog they said they said they were removing tracers from those vehicles I believe.

Oh, I forgot read this part of the changelog, thanks.

• Like 1

Is anyone having an issue where ground light vehicles like the offroad are not producing any dust when driving?It used to be if you stopped quickly,a small amount of dust would drift up past your windscreen-but now nothing.And nothing behind the vehicle either.Any ideas? Thanks :)

i should say-this is just with BC.I'm not using tracers at all. I am using ACE and MCC though.

By the way, A10, AH1W and AH64 (all from RHS mod) have not tracers when i use "FoxFort Edit". I dont know why.

Greetings.

FYSA, Real life Apache driver here... M230 does not have tracers.

• Like 5

Hello Everyone ! I tested the dev branch to check out the new lightning (who is incredible btw) and our blastcore tracers has been unfortunatly broken (overlightning).

You will all see that with 1.60 release when it comes out.

• Like 1

Opticalsnare,

Amazing!

Can you helpme to understand something?

Do you got the tracer models from Arma 3 pbo's or created it?

Thankyou.

Opticalsnare,

Amazing!

Can you helpme to understand something?

Do you got the tracer models from Arma 3 pbo's or created it?

Thankyou.

Lol!!! Opticalsnare abandoned the ship long time ago dude!!! Don't expect an answer :)

BC tracers are currently not working good with new lighting, I'm also on dev. As soon they finish new lighting I'll take a look and fix them.

I'm not sure, but I think tracers have been imported from ArmA2 version of the mod.

• Like 2

I will try to attach things to bullets on fly. So its a matter to attach a tracer model to it. Opticalsnare seens to have modified the weapons Cfg files what make things more write on rock.

I can attach a bin, for example.

Thanks for the answer on models Foxfort.

Related to the topic: Bullet Cam - http://killzonekid.com/arma-scripting-tutorials-a-simple-bullet-cam/

Hello

I like Blastcore mod since i discover it.

I don't really understand all, but is it always possible to play the game v1.58 with blasctore Skies + Tracers + Phoenix2?

Thank you

It should be, have you tried it? Currently Blastcore tracers are not working perfectly on DEV versions, because of new lighting. New lighting will come to stable release with 1.60 update. So I believe all should work ok.

It should be, have you tried it? Currently Blastcore tracers are not working perfectly on DEV versions, because of new lighting. New lighting will come to stable release with 1.60 update. So I believe all should work ok.

Okey thank you

I am using FoxFort's Edit BC Tracer but I don't use BC Phoenix.

I use Blastcore Eagle Edition which works with most mods.

I also don't use Blastcore Skies since it seem to be broken with certain maps so just leave it out for now.

Try BC Eagle linked up there. I hope when the new lighting system comes over we can have BCE, FF Tracers and GL5 FX working again. 

- removed link

Was mentioning it since from a users standpoint, it was updated to work with the current ARMA version. I do hope OS comes back. :P

Fyi Blastcore Eagle isn't curated by Opticalsnare not has he ever granted them rights to modify or redistribute his mod. I seriously doubt mods around here would look too kindly on people advertising it here... ;)

Guys Optical Snare has abandoned this community a long time ago due to some issues with people messing up his mod, so don't hope for any kind of answers or official another Blastcore so soon.

BC tracers are currently not working good with new lighting, I'm also on dev. As soon they finish new lighting I'll take a look and fix them.

I'm not sure, but I think tracers have been imported from ArmA2 version of the mod.

Hey,

I made a fixed version of the mod (tweaks of the rvmat) and it now works with the new lightning (except for the tank round - which I edited).

I'm not sure about permission rules for this specific mod to release it.

Update : OK, my fix will be tested by FoxFort to confirm that it works then it will be released for all of you if everything go right.

• Like 3

Hello everyone,

For testing purpose, I release the beta version to actually verify if that fix the overlightning for you.

Or you can wait for the next FoxFort release for complete features.

http://dl.free.fr/wIt6J7pWa

• Like 3

Hey,

I made a fixed version of the mod (tweaks of the rvmat) and it now works with the new lightning (except for the tank round - which I edited).

I'm not sure about permission rules for this specific mod to release it.

Update : OK, my fix will be tested by FoxFort to confirm that it works then it will be released for all of you if everything go right.

You don't have permission to post it, as it's OS's material. He very strictly stated that the mod was not to be edited, and the editing of his mods are what drove him away.

If you want to make a tracer mod you'll have to remake it from scratch, we don't have a "expiration of permissions" ruleset in this community (yet). 

I wholeheartedly support any mods that you want to make, but be very careful with stuff you don't have permissions for as you may piss off the big players on the mod scene, without whom we wouldn't have the great, high quality mods that make arma amazing.

Was thinking of a different mod and the kerfuffle was huge. Ignore the above as it is incorrect

Sorry! :rolleyes:

You don't have permission to post it, as it's OS's material. He very strictly stated that the mod was not to be edited, and the editing of his mods are what drove him away.

If you want to make a tracer mod you'll have to remake it from scratch, we don't have a "expiration of permissions" ruleset in this community (yet). 

I wholeheartedly support any mods that you want to make, but be very careful with stuff you don't have permissions for as you may piss off the big players on the mod scene, without whom we wouldn't have the great, high quality mods that make arma amazing.

Go to the first post on this topic and read the 3rd line, what does it say?

• Like 3

This is uninformative post : OS made at least two mods he no more support : physX et Tracers. I made a "BC Flying bodies Nikoteen edition" back in the day with his blessing (you can check if you want).

Tracers is actually supported and evoluted by FoxFort because OS is no more interested to update the base files.

I simply asked because we are very cautious not to steal someone else's work but to make it live further.

To be honest, your intervention was unnecessary by any aspect.

Go to the first post on this topic and read the 3rd line, what does it say?

Seems pretty unequivocal to me.

So I'd say that Nikoteen can safely release his update.

Everyone can make changes on these traces by "OpticalSnare" and publish them, because "Opticalsnare" gave a "green light" for that.

I've maded some changes and I hope that new version will work better with VU. 

Download from MediaFire. Armaholic should be ready soon.

Changelog:
v1.21
- Added: Tracers for 105mm cannon shells.
- Added: Tracers for To-199 Neophron cannon rounds.
- Changed: Plane's cannon tracer rounds are now little smaller.
- Changed: Tank cannons now use different shell model.
- Fixed: Missing rvmat files.
- Tweaked: Tracers should now work better with new Visual Update in v1.60 of ArmA 3.

If you find any problems report them here of send me PM.
  • Like 2

So I've made some tests. Overall it works nice. 

However, it does not work well with ACE. I've already contacted FoxFort and he is having a look on it.
RHS does have problems as well!

I'm not that bright today. Scratch that and just replace the original files with the ACE Compat files! 
However, still have slight problems!

After a long time of testing around now we found out that. Something is a bit itchy with 1.58. It overall works just fine and for me it looks like Kimis HMD is the only problem causer (and only with the NATO Jet).

However on 1.60 (the RC Branch) there seems to be no problem at all. Since 1.60 is supposed to be released by the end of the week thats no problem I think!

Thank you for your help FoxFort!

Many Greetings 
Moony

• Like 1