Opticalsnare

Blastcore Tracers A3

That does sound like a good idea, it's worth checking it out. But the problem is that my experience with Oxygen 2 is 0, nada, nonexistent.  :D  :(  

Only tracers that I made to be big are Tank shells 1 and AA 35mm 0,055 all other should be small, with NVG they look little little bigger but not to big. Are you experiencing big tracers with or without NVG?

I am only playing infantry scenarios without NVGs. (With NVGs I do not like the somewhat dreary grafics, and imho the AI is still not able to provide an immersive experience as soon as vehicles enter the scene. :( )

So I am talking about watching machine gun or assault rifle tracers passing by within a view metres distance.

Just to clarify: They do not appear bigger with your mod than in vanilla, but I think they should still be smaller. They look totally good when seen from a distance or from behind as the shooter though. That's the reason why I was thinking about lods as apossible solution.

Unfortunately O2 is not in my list of skills either. Did some tracer modelling in A1 but this was long ago.

So maybe someone around here picks up the idea?

Yes I agree you. New version of BCT-FE will be ready today. I had to make new signature. I've been testing BCT-FE with ACE3 mod and so far I haven't see any problems. So good news is that it works with ACE3 Mod without problems (I've tested it with default ACE3 settings). If you do find any problems, please report them here or on Armaholic download page (link is in my signature) or send me a private message. 

I must add one thing. Both BCT and BCT-FE will not work properly with other addons/mods that have changed vanilla A3 tracers. In that case try to load BCT-FE last in list order, maybe that could fix it for you. 

I love this mod, but is there anyway these traces can work during the day?!

I love this mod, but is there anyway these traces can work during the day?!

Well tracers do work as they are supposed to do, they are visible during the night and hardy seen during the day. In this stage there won't be any major changes on the model.

I have fixed signature and lowered the size of all tracers. 

Blastcore Tracers A3 - FoxFort Edit v1.11

Well tracers do work as they are supposed to do, they are visible during the night and hardy seen during the day. In this stage there won't be any major changes on the model.

I have fixed signature and lowered the size of all tracers. 

Blastcore Tracers A3 - FoxFort Edit v1.11

No I just wanted the tracers to look the same during the day as at night.During the day they all look white.

Well it's day light and not much you can do. I'm not saying tracers are now perfect, far from that, but it will do for now.

Edit - 24.08.2015 :

Here is the semi-final version of BCT-FE:

Changelog:
v1.15
- Added optional pbo for use with HLC weapons.
- New Bikey and signature.

New version of BlastCore Tracers is ready, Armaholic link should be updated soon, but until then, use: Mediafire link

v1.16
- Fixed: 6.5mm Coaxial not working on Nato Slammer and Marshall.

BlastCore Tracers - FoxFort Edition is standalone and it doesn't work with original BlastCore Tracers A3

For you guys and gals who like to play with ACE3 mod. Here's the new version of BlastCore Tracers. It only adds new optional file to be used with ACE3. If you don't use ACE3 mod then you don't need to download this v1.20 version. 

Have fun

Can't get it to run. I either don't get ANY Tracer at all (tested with my normal mod pack) or the following error when only BC Phoenix, BC Skies, BC Tracers (your version FoxFort) and ACE is activated: 

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.extended_eventhandlers' Nevermind, forgot CBA. Anyway...the tracer do not show up, even with only the BC Mods, ACE and CBA loaded!

Only the two ACE files are in the addons folder!

Edit: With the two normal files "BCTracers_Edited.pbo" and "BCTracers_Edited.pbo.FoxFort.bisign" together with the two ACE files it works. 

so this should not be done? "- If you want to use is with ACE3 mod, then do NOT use "BCTracers_Edited", only use "BCTracers_Edited_ACE". After you copy it into "addons", just delete "BCTracers_Edited" from "addons"."

OUCH 

Can't get it to run. I either don't get ANY Tracer at all (tested with my normal mod pack) or the following error when only BC Phoenix, BC Skies, BC Tracers (your version FoxFort) and ACE is activated: 

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgPatches.extended_eventhandlers' Nevermind, forgot CBA. Anyway...the tracer do not show up, even with only the BC Mods, ACE and CBA loaded!

Only the two ACE files are in the addons folder!

Edit: With the two normal files "BCTracers_Edited.pbo" and "BCTracers_Edited.pbo.FoxFort.bisign" together with the two ACE files it works. 

so this should not be done? "- If you want to use is with ACE3 mod, then do NOT use "BCTracers_Edited", only use "BCTracers_Edited_ACE". After you copy it into "addons", just delete "BCTracers_Edited" from "addons"."

OUCH I just found a big problem with v1.20. I overlooked something. In v1.20 only tracers for vanilla A3 work properly. I have to make some serious changes.

• Like 1

BUt at least the way I described it, it works. You don't have huge ass big Tracer! ^^

BUt at least the way I described it, it works. You don't have huge ass big Tracer! ^^

Yes but I'm on my new laptop and binarize destroyed my files. Now I'm gonna rebuild 1.20 from v1.15. Little extra work but tomorrow should be ready :D Also thanks for heads up !

Alright, I've fixed all bugs, I hope. So v1.20 is now ready. In order to make it compatible with ACE3, you'll have to replace standard BCTraces with one from optional ACE3 folder. While other Optionals work in combination with standard or ACE3 version.

Have fun 

• Like 2

Hi all,

When i use Blastcore Phoenix2 + Tracers (FoxFort Edit) + RHS, the AH64's M230 create too much smoke in their impacts.

By the way, does anyone have news about Opticalsnare?.

Greetings.

I haven't head anything from Opticalsnare, he's being silent. As for that big smoke effect, how big is it? Game ruining or acceptable? 

Here an example:

http://i66.tinypic.com/x5oavo.jpg

http://i68.tinypic.com/18g4yo.jpg

This is the smoke for m230 impacts in ground. :wacko:

Wow that's big. Now I have no idea why it happens, I don't use BlastCore Phoenix 2, so I think that problem could be with it. I did increase tracers with RHS weapons. hmm. Give me a few days to check it out. Then we'll see.

• Like 1

Wow that's big. Now I have no idea why it happens, I don't use BlastCore Phoenix 2, so I think that problem could be with it. I did increase tracers with RHS weapons. hmm. Give me a few days to check it out. Then we'll see.

By the way, A10, AH1W and AH64 (all from RHS mod) have not tracers when i use "FoxFort Edit". I dont know why.

Greetings.

By the way, A10, AH1W and AH64 (all from RHS mod) have not tracers when i use "FoxFort Edit". I dont know why.

Greetings.

Hmm I remember that problem, I forgot to try fix it again. Thanks for the heads-up