Opticalsnare

Blastcore Tracers A3

Got a chance to try it - Amazing work OS, your addons always make me enjoy ArmA so much more.

Try the tracers in dark setting (night) to check colours. I noticed a big change than on broad daylight.

That is strange, but I am no modder : I can tweak but I can't explain :(

"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice." -- Yoda ;)

You seem to have a good grip on what you are doing and a big interest in improving OS's WIPs! Maybe you will carry the torch?

Again, many thanks to OS for not only all his incredibly important contributions to the community but also in making these unfinished projects available as well (with permission, no less!)

Try the tracers in dark setting (night) to check colours. I noticed a big change than on broad daylight.

I agree with this. During the day all of the tracers look white-ish, with a slight hint of red or green. At twilight or night they look fantastic.

Yup they don't work on thermals i did mess about trying to get them to work, but i gave up on them. Maybe someone can fix em, im done with em, they are free to be modded by whoever.

Early alpha one of those Barrett .50 weapon addons had visible bullets in thermal but didn't actually use tracers so it should be possible though I honestly don't know how.

"Always two there are, a master and an apprentice." -- Yoda ;)

You seem to have a good grip on what you are doing and a big interest in improving OS's WIPs! Maybe you will carry the torch?

Again, many thanks to OS for not only all his incredibly important contributions to the community but also in making these unfinished projects available as well (with permission, no less!)

I only do editing for my own pleasure. In fact, I've spent countless hours editing Blastcore for Arma2, and it was the same burden than OS has described : start and restart Arma to test effects... I think it's like a kind of drug that at one moment, breaks you.

For BC/A3, I tweaked to my taste the explosions of vehicle, grenades and RPG32/AT explosion, some bullet impacts... I never had any plan to share but if OS allows it now, who knows... and for sure I won't change this or that, it's more if you like it, keep it :)

To the people who's tracers are mostly white, try adding a bit of Depth of field and a bit of bloom. It added the colour back to my tracers.

To the people who's tracers are mostly white, try adding a bit of Depth of field and a bit of bloom. It added the colour back to my tracers.

I have bloom on, but DOF is a frame killer so its not an option for me. BTW after trying to change smth in the configs models and textures I've just gave up coz its one bad mess in there. Now I really understand why OS is leaving. From what I found - Green tracer model and/or texture is original (BI) and tracer config for 7.62 minigun doesn't change anything mb because of the bad model or texture.

I love how this looks! I have a silly question though: knowing this is based upon a similar addon for ArmA II, and I know ACE also has bullet tracers to...which one is closer to reality? I'm not someone all too familiar with ballistics and tracers, so any education on this topic would be entertaining for me.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Opticalsnare I have used this mod since it first came out and I'am happy to say good job :cool:

Just one issue that I'am having with the new version is that the AGM weapon overheating smoke appears below the barrel :(

I don't know if it is something that can be fixed by you or has to be done by the AGM Team :eek:

Anyway keep up the good work and best of luck for future updates ;)

Hey there!

Really loving the work you do, I just got one problem with the tracers. The tracers for MX rifles look beautifull, but minigun tracers look very pixilated. Tried changing everything in the graphics menu but nothing seems to work.

Anyone got the same problem or maybe found a fix?

Thanks in advance and merry christmas/happy holidays everyone!

Hey there!

Really loving the work you do, I just got one problem with the tracers. The tracers for MX rifles look beautifull, but minigun tracers look very pixilated. Tried changing everything in the graphics menu but nothing seems to work.

Anyone got the same problem or maybe found a fix?

Thanks in advance and merry christmas/happy holidays everyone!

Maybe DX10 only cards can´t properly handle OS tracer texture/luminacence (all set to high/ultra and no joy)... I have it too and had to disable Blastcore Tracers, which is a major bummer =/

answered wrong thread please delete

Edited by maquez

When I use this addon/mod, my ingame screen is all blurry at the edges of the screen. Any quick fixes for this?

Still have issues where the tracers look funky, had it with the old version as well.

Still have issues where the tracers look funky, had it with the old version as well.

Green tracers of the wildcat and the CSAT light attack chopper ( don't remember its name) look dashed.

My tracers are a 1x dot with 4x dot on each corner, like a square. Bloody annoying cause in big firefights its just squares flying across the map. And that with the latest version as well.

My tracers are a 1x dot with 4x dot on each corner, like a square. Bloody annoying cause in big firefights its just squares flying across the map. And that with the latest version as well.

Thats what mine to as well. Have you tried messing with the graphics settings?

Edit: Depth of Field does this, set to 0 and enjoy

Edited by Seth0351
  • Like 1

The tracers for MX rifles look beautifull, but minigun tracers look very pixilated.

Same problem here - I have created a Imgur Album with Screenshots :yay:

Link - Screenshots are taken with almost default Settings (only Depth of Field reduced to half):

http://imgur.com/a/EeVPo

-HDR is Standard

-Tried different Configurations of Antialiasing

-Tried diffenent Postprocessoptions

-Videocard Drivers are updated

-Gameversion is newest Stable

Edit:

Just testet all Air Vehicles. The Po-30 Orca Heli and the To 199 Neophron (CSAT CAS Plane) are also equipped with pixel Tracers.

Edited by ArtjomZhdanov

Same problem here - I have created a Imgur Album with Screenshots :yay:

Link - Screenshots are taken with almost default Settings (only Depth of Field reduced to half):

http://imgur.com/a/EeVPo

-HDR is Standard

-Tried different Configurations of Antialiasing

-Tried diffenent Postprocessoptions

-Videocard Drivers are updated

-Gameversion is newest Stable

Edit:

Just testet all Air Vehicles. The Po-30 Orca Heli and the To 199 Neophron (CSAT CAS Plane) are also equipped with pixel Tracers.

I have the same exact problem, needs a fix :rolleyes: