shammy2010

Sham's US Armament Pack

Here is an update on this alpha weapon mod, there is still ALOT more to do! I've been more busy fixing the problems with the current releases so not as many new weapons to be made yet.

Changelog:

-Added M27 IAR

-Added Alternate versions of M16's and M4's

-Remodelled M16's and M4's for better structure, quality, and geometry

-Redone Textures and material files (still alot of work to do)

-Selector Switch restructured and works now

-Restructured File system

-Redone reload sounds

-Magazine and ammunition redefined into another magazine class with more realistic ballistic (Thanks to Spartan0536)

-BIS Standard 30 round 556x45 stanag magazine not touched and still compatible

-Other improvements

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4logcthp9kchwpj/SHM_Armament.rar

Edited by Shammy2010

Thanks for informing us about the updated release :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Nice Mod! Can wait to see the other weapons!

Whats up with an SCAR-H? Ur SCAR-L Feels so lonely without its brother :D

update v0.2 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@shm_armament.png

@ Shamwill;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Sham, I just downloaded and tested your pack, there are some texture errors that happen upon equip of the weapon, the textures for the elevation dials are inverted and not all of your ammunition configs are set correctly as many of your weapons can not equip the default 5.56x45, however it did equip the Mk318 Mod 0 SOST. I would also suggest having an optional PBO using JSRS/ACSE/SOS sound configs were applicable, but that just my suggestion. Overall this is an improvement and I am glad to see you are still working on it, keep at it Sham, you will get it there!

Just a heads up, you should update the download link on this thread, it points at an old (kind of busted) version. The sounds are great, and I really like the way the gun fires (especially what happens to the sight picture). Your textures are also awesome! Now time to see how the update is haha :p

So I don't think it's your normals after all, just your UV mapping is way off.

When you get this stuff all sorted out, you want some better images for the pack let me know. I notice a lot of cool addons end up with really low quality screenshots to show them off, and I don't know if it's because the creative types in the community don't have great machines or what, but I'd be happy to max things out and do some shots for you so you can show off those sweet textures and models :D

Edited by MordeaniisChaos

Thank you everyone for your feedback! I'm glad I could give you guys this weapon even if there are some problems with it at the current stage

@Spartan0536 Thanks for the feedback aswell as your findings to help me in my mod. I never had the chance to thank you for your contribution to this. And thank you for the heads up, the bugs you mentioned are the product of last minute editing. I will release an update today fixing these. Also could you please kindly elaborate on which weapons you get this error on? and also, the errors you mention, you just can't use the old 30 round 5.56 stanag mags? or are there a little more? and yes I will add support for SOS mod in today's update.

@MoreaniisChaos Thank you for the feedback and yes, the textures are improvised because I do not have access to m16/m4 type weapons, so whatever has similar material gets used. I hope to get better textures, yes, but that may take some time. I will release an update today concerning some of the small issues that have been caused by last minute editing and hopefully get to fix the material files so the shine looks a little less extreme. I'd love screenshots for my weapons though. If you want, you can add me on steam, my username is revan293. Thanks again

Edited by Shammy2010

@EricJ Thanks, I'll be sure to look at it. I will be releasing an update fixing material issues and texture problems as well as releasing speedofsound configs in the next hour or half an hour

EDIT: I'll update tomorrow actually, one more problem I'd like to fix before updating this quick update

Edited by Shammy2010

Looks great I am curious will you be doing OpFor weapons as well? Such as the Ak variants, RPK, RPG, Draganov, and so on?

Thanks for the feedback and to answer the opfor weapon question, unfortunately, no. This is a US Weapons pack and also, I have very little knowledge on opfor weapons such as the one's you mentioned, If i was to make AK's, and such, I would not be doing it so well because I don't know the finer details of an AK.

Ok, as promised, an update to fix some of the problems brought on by last minute editing:

Changelog:

-Material gloss lowered drastically

-Texture issues and other products of last minute editing fixed

-Added Optional SpeedofSound configs

-Redone minor visual problems such as transparent insides of barrel

https://www.dropbox.com/s/4logcthp9kchwpj/SHM_Armament.rar

Thanks for informing us about the updated release again :cool:

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Cool cool. When I get home from work I'll check out the new update and shoot some images for you, and try and get them crunched down for the forums here as well as provide you with higher quality versions for places like armaholic.

Thanks for bringing us some proper weapons :p

v0.3 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

@shm_armament.png

@ Shamwill;

Soon you will be able to manage the promo pages of your content on our web platform and publish new content yourself.

To do so, please hit 'this is me' button on the page while logged in and you will get connected to your work.

For now you can send new content or releases our way through withsix.wetransfer.com or add your notification at getsatisfaction.withsix.com.

Well there's still alot of work to do! Especially with textures, the next update, which will come months from now will be mostly about texture improvements and most likely remodelling weak spots like the RIS

Wow, your mod is great! I love it when mod-makers focus on improving a small set of weapons because it allows for a higher quality product.

I've been trying to get my hands on the classnames of your weapons so I can use them in missions; however, I'm a huge noob with the config viewer. I can see your mod in CfgPatches, but I can only see some of the classnames! :( I was hoping you could post the classnames? Pwetty please?!

Ofcourse, no problem, first I'd like to inform you that there is an ammobox, it's called "Armament box" in the editor. but if you want to go even further in depth with these, then here they are:

Shm_m16a4
Shm_m16a4_barrel_grip
shm_m16a4_custom_trigger
shm_m16a4_barrel_grip_custom_trigger
shm_m16a4_tape
shm_m16a4_tape_barrel_grip
shm_m16a4_tape_custom_trigger
shm_m16a4_tape_barrel_grip_custom_trigger

shm_m4mws
shm_m4mws_barrel_grip
shm_m4a1_Sopmod
shm_m4a1_Sopmod_barrel_grip

shm_m27

shm_m40a5

Edited by Shammy2010

I saw a little bit of a glitch with the M27 Grip. it wasn't lined up properly the hand(Rear grip) forgot to take a SS

One thing ive noticed is with the sopmod m4's is that when you attach an optic it seems to still use the iron sights. I cant seem to figure out why or maybe its meant to be that way. Just thuought I would mention it.

Alright, thanks for the heads up guys, they will be fixed shortly

Hey Jabroney, i just tested the M4 Sopmod right now and the ironsights seem to work just fine. Are you using ASDG_JR? It is a mandatory mod for this weapons addon

Yeah I run it all using playwithsix and it adds ASDG automatically. Ill test it again, maybe its on my end I run a modifed TMR alt, that might be the issue. Thanks for the responds and ill get back to ya.

Try getting it off armaholic. Because it seems perfectly fine to me, unless there has been a problem with the weapon compression