Sign in to follow this  
Beldum

Altis Life Revolution VRG Australia

Hi all, just thought I'd post here to let you all know about the Mission file I have been working on for the past few months.

So, basically I'm 17 and have been playing ArmA since i was around 13 - 14 and have been learning scripting for around 2 years now.

I used to have a server that ran a version of Altis Life Revolution that I modified slightly.

Now I'm bringing up an Altis Life server that is 100% my own. It is NOT just a modified version of TAW Tonics Altis Life.

The server will be hosted in Sydney Australia and will be up within a few weeks (We are currently in a closed testing phase).

So, here's a basic rundown of the features that are currently in game as well as a few things that are planned for the near future.

Details will be pretty rough here, for more info, check out the Facebook page where I post updates Daily - www.facebook.com/VRG.ArmA

Cops, Civilians and Opfor factions

Initially there will only be Cops and Civilians but once they are finished, I will be adding Opfor as a faction.

Side missions

There will be a large variety of side missions, some faction specific and some for everyone to have a go at.

There will be things like military convoys to rob, enemy/rough squads to eliminate, diving missions, etc

PMC

Civilians will have the ability to become their own Private Military Company and accept contracts from other players and buy weapons.

Day/Night cycles

Server changes from Day to Night (and visa versa) every 30 minutes with 10 seconds warning.

Dynamic weather cycles

Weather changes every 30 minutes (when the time cycle changes)

For more info on this, look at this post - www.facebook.com/VRG.ArmA/posts/697678226929785

Dynamic vehicle repair

You can buy spare tires, engine parts, etc to fix your vehicle in a similar manner to the DayZ Mod

You can also get Tank Tracks, Main Rotors, etc

Video demonstration -

Anti-hacking scripts

These scripts will help prevent God mod, spawning vehicles, teleporting and all the other things we hate about script kiddies.

Base Building

You can buy almost any object in ArmA 3 and use it to build a base either solo or with a group of friends.

I will be adding doors that will only open when a pin number is entered so you can lock your base.

You can also buy weapon safes so you can lock all your items safely when you log off.

Stat Save

MySQL will be used as a Stat save to save Objects, Vehicles and most importantly, Players.

Also, here's a video of my Boat loading/unloading script -

It has been modified slightly since then.

There is many more features and planned features but you'll have to check the FaceBook page for that - www.facebook.com/VRG.ArmA

We hope you like our mission file and hope to see you on our server!

VRG Nick

Looks really neat.

Hey Iceman, would I be able to inbox you to ask you something?

Sure. You can also add me on steam if you like.

Ok sweet, what's your Steam ID?

edit: Don't worry. Found it on your profile.

Adding you now.

Looks excellent nick. Keep up the good work.

Minor sugestion: It could use a bit of colour in the menu's/selections/options etc.

Looks excellent nick. Keep up the good work.

Minor sugestion: It could use a bit of colour in the menu's/selections/options etc.

Thanks mate, I appreciate it!

Yeah, pretty Dialog Menus aren't really my strong point but I've just been talking to Iceman77 and he's given me a lot of useful info on how to modify them to look nice, so i'll be working on making the Menus look nicer.