diesel5187

HELP: ARMA 3 Server Side Mod Verification

We have recently implemented our unit mod pack on our server, what we are trying to implement is that if you do not have ALL of our mods running or too many, the server automatically kicks you out or does not let you join.

I would like to know if this is even possible and if so, how? I have searched on Google and the forum with no answer to this specific question.

Thanks in advanced for the help!

Edited by Diesel5187

basically do the following

1) Install all the *.bikeys into the server's "keys" directory for all the addons you want to allow

eg

cba_a3_beta4.bikey

jsrs2.bikey

shacktac.bikey

ZClient.bikey

zhud.bikey

zserver.bikey

2) In your Arma3 *.cfg file make sure you have the following line

verifySignatures 	= 2;

3) Restart the server

This will cause the following scenarios to kick a player from the server

Any client who tries to connect with any addons that you do not host a key for, will not be able to connect

Any client who tries to connect once a mission has been loaded (eg unit selection screen or any point after) who does not have the addons that mission requires will be kicked off the server

There is no system in place that states "The client must have x,y,x addons to play on the server without a mission being preloaded.

There is an older system defined in *.cfg called "equalmodrequired".

What this does is match the -mod= param lines between the server and the client. If the client isnt running the exact same -mod= parameters they will not be able to connect.

However, this does not define what is loaded within those mod folders and therefore is only useful for a clan server that tells its members, they must use certain -mod params

This is the limit of what can be done

• Like 2

this was a perfectly timed question. thanks for the answer Terox. I always ran my server from my pc. my group just recently got another Dedi from a different provider. I was almost sure you didn't have to actually load the whole mod (IE: client side only mods) to the server.

i was having problems joining just a few minutes ago, but then i remembered that, some of the mods like blastcore had had recent patches to their keys and sigs. I didn't have them.

Edited by Lordprimate

basically do the following

1) Install all the *.bikeys into the server's "keys" directory for all the addons you want to allow

eg

2) In your Arma3 *.cfg file make sure you have the following line

verifySignatures 	= 2;
3) Restart the server

This will cause the following scenarios to kick a player from the server

Any client who tries to connect with any addons that you do not host a key for, will not be able to connect

Any client who tries to connect once a mission has been loaded (eg unit selection screen or any point after) who does not have the addons that mission requires will be kicked off the server

There is no system in place that states "The client must have x,y,x addons to play on the server without a mission being preloaded.

There is an older system defined in *.cfg called "equalmodrequired".

What this does is match the -mod= param lines between the server and the client. If the client isnt running the exact same -mod= parameters they will not be able to connect.

However, this does not define what is loaded within those mod folders and therefore is only useful for a clan server that tells its members, they must use certain -mod params

This is the limit of what can be done

Thx a lot, but could u tell me how to work on Arma 2 ? I didn't found Arma2.cfg file in directory 

@ EssacCrown168

If you dont have a server.cfg just create one in any text editor