sickboy

Discover, Play, Promote missions and mods withSIX

Well, I guess sometimes only deleting everything helps.

Unless you already tried this, delete play with six, and make sure to delete these as well:

C:\Users\your_user_name_here\AppData\Local --- inside, remove folders "SIX Networks" and "PlaywithSIX", and do the same here:
C:\Users\your_user_name_here\AppData\Roaming

Also check for those folders here: C:\ProgramData    ---   Just in case you don't know, you need to enable show hidden files and folders, in order to see ProgramData and AppData.

However, this will delete all your settings and collections from PW6.

• Like 1

Well, I guess sometimes only deleting everything helps.

Unless you already tried this, delete play with six, and make sure to delete these as well:

C:\Users\your_user_name_here\AppData\Local --- inside, remove folders "SIX Networks" and "PlaywithSIX", and do the same here:

C:\Users\your_user_name_here\AppData\Roaming

Also check for those folders here: C:\ProgramData    ---   Just in case you don't know, you need to enable show hidden files and folders, in order to see ProgramData and AppData.

However, this will delete all your settings and collections from PW6.

Thank you so much! This fixed it!

Nvm, I fixed the error messages, but now I can't seem to get Arma 3 to properly launch, I've had play with six broken more times than it's working, no wonder the majority of Arma 3 community just agrees play with six is crappy 

Any specific errors? I've had some weird issues with arma, it gives me send/don't send error when starting the game and crashes - 5-10 times in a row (even though couple of hours ago it worked fine, and I didn't change anything). Then finally after random amount of attempts it launches normally without me fixing anything, and it doesn't matter if I launch the game from PW6 or steam.

I reported a bug 11 days ago that my group is having when trying to update a custom repo mod. It just gets stuck in a loop and gets to 100% and then goes back to 80% and keeps trying to download the same files.

I've recreated it myself now by deleting the mod and trying to re-download it and uploaded logs. I'd be grateful if you could advise, as currently we're unable to use it and will have to look for alternative ways of providing mods for this week's sessions

https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/pws-stuck-updating-custom-mod

I also made a separate post asking for instructions on using Shared Collections, as there's barely any documentation at present and it's not obvious how to use them. I'd be grateful if you could reply to that as well, as I'm floundering the dark, without much success, at present.

https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/how-to-use-shared-collections

I'll ask another question here.

If our server uses a mod that's on Six but it has some optional configs that need to be used, currently I just put the optional files in the addons folder and upload the whole thing to our custom repo, so it's already sorted for clients. It would perhaps be better if we could just download the original mods from Six but have a small custom repo mod with the optional files in that is loaded last, so that the optional files are used in preference to the original ones but I'm not aware of a way to do that. Is it possible?

The issue was the new update broke the Arma in Arma mod, so I had to roll back my Arma to 1.48 and that fixed everything 

Play with SIX doesnt see, download, or update Server mods For arma III for me. It works with Arma II tho.

In case Arma II when i select server from server list in PWS, the Green Launch Button changes to Yelow Instal Button then after installing the mods it chnages to green Join button.

In case Arma III it desnt work that way. I select Server, and i get the green Join Button instantly then i get kicked from said server for not having required mods.

Is the server mod feature diasebled for Arma III in PWS?

Can't launch the game with Play with Six, when I don't have internet, I remember this used to work at some point. Launching through steam works, but then I don't have the mods.

Also, when I close it with or without internet, it often doesn't shut down properly, then I have to end process in task manager (which can grow up to 1gb, after I closed the pw6).

Play with SIX doesnt see, download, or update Server mods For arma III for me. It works with Arma II tho.

In case Arma II when i select server from server list in PWS, the Green Launch Button changes to Yelow Instal Button then after installing the mods it chnages to green Join button.

In case Arma III it desnt work that way. I select Server, and i get the green Join Button instantly then i get kicked from said server for not having required mods.

Is the server mod feature diasebled for Arma III in PWS?

2 weeks later, no answer and PWS still doesnt sinchronise mods with servers. 

PwS not working for me in Windows 10. Even trying to go to the PwS website in either IE11 or EDGE just shows something like "Loading.please wait" and task manager shows the process is using about 33% CPU and the browser is unresponsive and I have to kill it.

I copied across the program and config files from my Win8.1 install and then was able to run PwS but I initally saw the same "Loading.please wait" message in PwS. Then I let it update a single mod and when I looked at task manager I saw Awesomium Renderer using 33% CPU. I then clicked on Check for Updates (for PwS) and saw the same "Loading.please wait" message briefly and another instance of Awesomium Renderer appeared in task manager using another 33% CPU.

my playwithsix is broken also... is this even maintained anymore?? :/ 

my error is: LoadingwithSIX.. please stand by!  (stays on this screen for hours on end)

Can anyone reccomend some other Server finder that will actualy work?

I tried to download and install the Sinc thing from PWS page. With no succes no matter how many times i download and redownload it it does not work. I doubleclick it, then something flashes acros the screen too fast to see what it was, and then nothing. 

Play with SIX doesnt see, download, or update Server mods For arma III for me.

I have the same problem. I use the lastest version (16812123). I have problem downloading mods as well, but I understand this might be a problem for a non_premium version (bandwitch is expensive). However server browsing is another story- it should work no matter what version is used IMHO.

I tried to download and install the Sinc thing from PWS page. With no succes no matter how many times i download and redownload it it does not work. I doubleclick it, then something flashes acros the screen too fast to see what it was, and then nothing. 

Did you check your taskbar / tray? Sync is launching directly into tray, anyway everything else is controlled via website and sync is just for the downloading and updating.

sFXGWNe.png

Our new vision is taking shape. The release of the Sync client beta and updated web-technologies, brings us well under way to more focused on the core elements.

Providing a great platform to host and launch custom-made content for your favorite games.

We believe that with more support for customizing games will result in greater creativity and innovations. Allowing creators to reach bigger audiences and evolve the gaming industry further. Trends have shown indies getting more power and mods continuously scoring greater results. 

Our goal is to further help gaming communities grow towards open networks of collaboration and sharing. For this we are happy to announce that we're going open-source! With all our projects already available on GitHub, right now! 

Read more for the links and extra details!

xGRDmxf.png
This sprint we worked on the processes of publishing and updating mods for authors.

Until now content had to be linked from somewhere else for our system to download it. This update allows you to upload content directly to our network, where we process it in real-time!

With this feature it's faster and easier for mod authors to upload and update your content.

Continue reading for more details