sickboy

Discover, Play, Promote missions and mods withSIX

Yeah my Playwithsix crashes all the time now especially when you try to download something and also when updating mods. It seems that with every version it crashes more.

Awesome, have you got an ETA on the speed fix for premium users?

I have uninstalled, re-installed, and get more crashes than ever, about 30 today check you emails :( Not sure if this is part of premium but it is frustrating when you press something to update or diagnose it crashes. Even just having it running in the background WithSIX crashes without touching anything. Stability appears to be bad.

We'll be deploying improvements shortly, incase you keep having a slow experience, best to contact our Support directly with some details and we will get right on it.

Some background; https://getsatisfaction.com/withsix/topics/unable-to-update-and-install-mods

Yeah my Playwithsix crashes all the time now especially when you try to download something and also when updating mods. It seems that with every version it crashes more.

We'll be addressing some of the stability issues asap, some others are rooted a bit deeper into the app and will need some additional time to get sorted out.

And has gone STABLE now, enjoy!

Please be sure to tell us about your experiences.

We will be happy to receive diagnostics logs and info about your location so we may improve it to the best of our abilities :)

Hi Sickboy, still seeing a lot of crashes hope this report helps.

Type: System.AggregateException
Source: mscorlib
TargetSite: Void ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean)
Data:     [smartStackFrames=System.Collections.Generic.LinkedList`1[system.Object]]
StackTrace:
      at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.ThrowIfExceptional(Boolean includeTaskCanceledExceptions)
      at System.Threading.Tasks.Task.Wait(Int32 millisecondsTimeout, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
      at Š..(RealVirtualityGameController )
      at Six.Core.Domain.Games.Legacy.UpdateManager.(RealVirtualityGameController )
      at MoreLinq.MoreEnumerable.ForEach[T](IEnumerable`1 source, Action`1 action)
      at Š..(UpdateManager )
      at Six.Core.Domain.Games.Legacy.UpdateManager.„.()
   --- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
      at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
      at Six.Core.Domain.Games.Legacy.RepoActionHandler..()
Inner Exception:
   Type: System.IO.IOException
       The process cannot access the file 'E:\Games Directory\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\.synq\remotes\1ba63c97-2a18-42a7-8380-70886067582e\packages.json.sixtmp' because it is being used by another process.
   Source: mscorlib
   TargetSite: Void WinIOError(Int32, System.String)
   Data:     [smartStackFrames=System.Collections.Generic.LinkedList`1[system.Object]]
   StackTrace:
          at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
          at System.IO.FileInfo.Delete()
          at Six.Core.Tools.FileTools..(FileSystemInfo , Boolean )
          at Six.Core.Tools.FileTools..(IAbsoluteFilePath , Boolean )
          at Six.Core.Tools.FileTools..(String , Boolean )
          at ...()
          at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
          at ...()
          at ...()
          at ...()
          at ...()
          at ....()
          at ...()
          at ...()
          at ž...()
          at ž...()
          at “...()
          at Six.Core.Domain.Games.Legacy.Arma.RealVirtualityGameController..()

Are mod tickboxes currently broken? For the last couple of weeks when I untick mods within a collection, they still load. Removing and adding mods to the collection still works but the boxes were convenient.

Using 1.66.1117.11

Are mod tickboxes currently broken? For the last couple of weeks when I untick mods within a collection, they still load. Removing and adding mods to the collection still works but the boxes were convenient.

Using 1.66.1117.11

Same problem here.

Hi, every time I update my mods the launcher crash!! I don't know why!!

Hello,

I have some problem for update my collection shared with the update 1.66.1122.3.

I have see you said download the 1.66.2 I do not download this version from your website or from the application.

Any one have a solution ?

Now it is better but I still have many random crashes/freezes. It randomly crashes every 10 minutes even if I do nothing, the program is minimized in tray icon but keep crashing.

It's a very powerful tool, please fix it. :D

-snip-

Is irrelevant at this point.. Good luck with it though gentlemen.

Edited by Hatchet_AS

I would have purchased a lifetime premium account ages ago for Play with 6 but the crashing is getting worse. Now it gets stuck updating and if I try anything it just crashes. Is there an update coming soon? I'm getting sick of sending crash reports and spending more time on this app than on Arma.

Hello,

I have on my dedicated serveur windows 2012 R2 this error :

Type: Six.Core.Domain.Sync.Transfer.MirrorSelectors.HostListExhausted

Une exception de type 'Six.Core.Domain.Sync.Transfer.MirrorSelectors.HostListExhausted' a été levée.

Source: withSIX-Play

TargetSite: Void (Six.Core.Domain.Sync.Transfer.MirrorSelectors.ScoreMirrorSelector, )

Data: [smartStackFrames=System.Collections.Generic.LinkedList`1[system.Object]]

StackTrace:

à ..(ScoreMirrorSelector , )

à Six.Core.Domain.Sync.Transfer.MirrorSelectors.ScoreMirrorSelector.()

à “...()

--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---

à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)

à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

à ....()

--- Fin de la trace de la pile à partir de l'emplacement précédent au niveau duquel l'exception a été levée ---

à System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)

à Š...()

à Š...()

à ‰...()

à ‰...()

à ...()

à ...()

à ...()

à Six.Core.Domain.Games.Entities.Game..()

Any one have a solution ?

Ok, now every time I try to update the launcher I get an error, it is impossible to update.

I'm having an insane amount of crashes.

Everytime i start it the first time, it crashes and the PWS icon remains in the tool bar.

When i open the GUI, it sometimes crashes.

When i switch between A2 and A3, it crashes.

When i download or update something, it crashes at random points during download.

When i load some mod with the browser, it crashes.

Just now, it told me it couldn't connect to the servers, then it crashed.

Am i doing something wrong here?

Should i do something like a reinstall or get a new version?

The version i'm using is the latest and uptodate.

Sorry guys, for some reason email notifications are not getting received here :(

We're working around the clock to address the issues, however it appears to be difficult as they are often hard to reproduce.

We are pushing out the latest fixes always first on BETA channel, and then to STABLE once possible, generally we do not release STABLE around the weekends unless we absolutely have to.

Please try the latest BETA (you can get it at http://withsix.com/download below the main download button), and let us know your results.

Best to include actual error messages, some context, or even log files at; http://getsatisfaction.withsix.com/withsix

Thanks, and apologies for the hassle..

Edited by Sickboy

We've done some significant improvements to reliability and stability, as well as further UI tweaks to make using PwS more easy and fun.

It is now even easier to manage collections due to multi-selection actions and drag and drop.

The download experience, performance and reliability has also improved a lot.

There's now also the option to not keep .synq objects or sixzsync .pack folders, for all those who have little diskspace :)

The new installer experience also addresses some concerns of users.

http://withsix.com/changelog

Improvements to error handling and recovery options like 'retry' are slowly making their way into the app.

We still have a long road ahead in the UI department, but hope to get to that in the coming time ahead :)

Edited by Sickboy

I'm trying to setup a custom repository for mods but apparently I'm doing something wrong.

I used the six updater to create config file and pack the mod for http delivery but everytime I try to download it via PWS I get this error.

http://i.imgur.com/c72MKvV.jpg

Main PWS repository works fine.

NVM, got it to work. You need to be EXTRA careful about all info you type into repo manager.

Especially about GUID and type of game stuff.

Edited by rebelvg

Hi Sickboy

Downloaded and tried the latest beta. It finds all my A2/CO and A3 addons & mods but still labels them all as "not installed". For CO the "not installed" includes the full retail PMC, BAF & ACR (I have ArmA X).

I am limited to mobile BB and so not about to re-download >70 GB of files for CO and 30 GB for A3 (GBP6 per 250MB outside of contracted B/W; which is nowhere near enough unless I use it for nothing else over the next 2 years....). How do I get this program working?

TIA

Orc

PS: I tried to take pictures (MSI Afterburner) but they are completely black. MSIA works fine with other applications incl. ArmA.

Hi Sickboy

Downloaded and tried the latest beta. It finds all my A2/CO and A3 addons & mods but still labels them all as "not installed". For CO the "not installed" includes the full retail PMC, BAF & ACR (I have ArmA X).

I am limited to mobile BB and so not about to re-download >70 GB of files for CO and 30 GB for A3 (GBP6 per 250MB outside of contracted B/W; which is nowhere near enough unless I use it for nothing else over the next 2 years....). How do I get this program working?

TIA

Orc

PS: I tried to take pictures (MSI Afterburner) but they are completely black. MSIA works fine with other applications incl. ArmA.

Hi Orcinus,

If they are not converted yet to PwS format then they are considered not installed, as we cannot guarantee their consistency until then.

Perhaps "Not installed" is not the right term and is rather confusing, so we'll at least check how we may improve that :)

Hi Orcinus,

If they are not converted yet to PwS format then they are considered not installed, as we cannot guarantee their consistency until then.

Perhaps "Not installed" is not the right term and is rather confusing, so we'll at least check how we may improve that :)

Maybe rephrasing it to "Not PWS Fomatted" or "Incompatible with PWS" or similar.

I have also been having some crashes when attempting to run the latest version of PWS, but starting it as admin seems to rectify it (I submitted the error reports). Well, the 3 times I have started it as admin it hasn't crashed a single time, which is an improvement on the ~50% crash rate I had previously.

Hi Orcinus,

Sorry mate, I don't understand what you mean. Almost every one of the mods is on PwS, most have the original names in my CO & A3 directories. Is there something I need to do? (that does not involve redownloading :) ).

Cheers

Orc

PS Also, as I mentioned in my earlier post, PwS used to work (SU before that). Over the intervening months something has got borked somewhere.

Quick query : Is it possible to select multiple download locations on different drives ? I'm running out of space on main drive & would like to add further mods to a separate drive. I can see how to add a custom mod location, but not how to set individual mod destination locations. I can manually download to the other drive then add the mod to my collection, but I'm loosing the (wonderful) synch/update features of PwS...

@Orcinus: I need to double check this before I'm the cause of exploding your data plan, but the client should not actually download the full 70GB, instead it should compare the files on your system to the ones on our server based on small parts of the full files lets say 5kb each to confirm they are the same.

I'd suggest to try this with one or two mods first and monitor the total download size.

@Guttersnipe: No this sadly doesn't work yet. The system uses only one of the selected locations at a time and moves everything else to there.

But what might help is moving all your sync files to a different drive to save space. You can set this in the game settings menu and PwS will offer to move all existing files for you. Sync files can fill up your drives quite fast but are needed to delta-patch (only download changes in the update, instead of entire mod again) and to revert and fix your mods fast. It is possible to remove them all at cost of slower proces time of the things I just mentioned.