sickboy

Discover, Play, Promote missions and mods withSIX

Happy to support the Six team! Interested to see what new features you come up with.

Much appreciated Harzach! Gratitude from the whole team!

We hope not to disappoint :) And are looking into providing more and more frequent insight into our plans and progress.

Hi, I've a problem. When I put PlayWithSix in tray icon (by clicking on close button) I can no longer maximize window, by clicking twice on the trayicon nothing happens, I have to completely exit and restart it. Everytime.

It happens after the last (non beta) update. Anyone?

I've another question, can I clear .synq folder (28,3 Gb)?

Thanks.

Is there anything I can do about the ever-growing size of the ".synq" folder? Currently, it stands at around 32 GB; for comparison the actual mod folders are around 10 GB. So three times the size. Almost all of this size is taken up by the "objects" folder. Will any serious damage be done by simply deleting the objects folder? Am I missing some option to clean up that folder?

I've tried searching the thread, but couldn't find an answer; sorry if this has been answered already.

I'm using withSix now (sickboy, that UI :-!?!) and I need it exclusively for keeping mods up to date. I don't want it to keep a copy of mods at another place (for the repair option), because, if mods are broken, I can handle this.

Can I turn the caching system off? Also, this makes it very time consuming migrating to withsix, because it would take ages for it to pack 100s of GBs of already downloaded mods.

I'm interested too!!

We're working on both accounts - space and UI :)

Currently you can already specify how many versions to keep, but im not sure 0 actually means none are kept right now.. but 1 is at least better than 5 :)

---------- Post added at 03:29 ---------- Previous post was at 01:54 ----------

Almost forgot to mention, we've of course released new builds of the website and client :)

http://withsix.com/changelog

Edited by Sickboy

Also happy to Support the six Team ! Thanks for the Great work keep it up!

Sent from my iPad with Tapatalk

Currently you can already specify how many versions to keep, but im not sure 0 actually means none are kept right now.. but 1 is at least better than 5 :)

Thanks for the reply. Where abouts in the options can you specify this? I've tried everything I can think. It makes more sense now that it keeps a bunch in .synq to allow me to swap to old versions (a really useful feature which saved me a load of hassle a few times, by the way).

Where abouts in the options can you specify this?

Top entry on the Game Settings page.

With latest update, game settings no longer save in any form after being edited (crashes, all reported through the auto report tool). It also doesn't carry over the settings, meaning that any game that isn't installed in the default location isn't detected at all. Was currently at 9 games installed. Now at 1, since Arma 3 is the only one on my C drive.

With latest update, game settings no longer save in any form after being edited (crashes, all reported through the auto report tool). It also doesn't carry over the settings, meaning that any game that isn't installed in the default location isn't detected at all. Was currently at 9 games installed. Now at 1, since Arma 3 is the only one on my C drive.

Investigating!

The way it works with settings is that on every update, we copy your previous setting file and tag it with the new version, so that you can always roll-back if desired, and that you will never loose settings when doing so, or moving forward and backward multiple times.

Somehow there must either be an issue with importing the older settings, or there is a bug on some systems which takes the wrong version to import from.

If you could please send your settings files and log files to support (at) withsix (dot) com we hope to figure things out quick, thanks!

Top entry on the Game Settings page.

That's great, thanks.

Unfortunately, setting it causes my client to crash; I've submitted the report it asks about, but in the mean time - I emptied the "Objects" folder within .synq, I don't think it likes it too much though as updating a mod caused an error...

That's great, thanks.

Unfortunately, setting it causes my client to crash; I've submitted the report it asks about, but in the mean time - I emptied the "Objects" folder within .synq, I don't think it likes it too much though as updating a mod caused an error...

Thanks, Looking into the report. If you want to remove the objects, best to delete the whole .synq folder when the application is closed.

Thanks, Looking into the report. If you want to remove the objects, best to delete the whole .synq folder when the application is closed.

Thanks for the reply - will do that.

Thx for long time one of a kind service..100% support and from me, and premium next.

PW6 should be mandatory for anyone who uses Mods..their isn't any easier way to get mods for the game...its a little buggy at times but so is A3..we use it in our clan and its worked great..looking forward to additional updates and features.

Investigating!

The way it works with settings is that on every update, we copy your previous setting file and tag it with the new version, so that you can always roll-back if desired, and that you will never loose settings when doing so, or moving forward and backward multiple times.

Somehow there must either be an issue with importing the older settings, or there is a bug on some systems which takes the wrong version to import from.

If you could please send your settings files and log files to support (at) withsix (dot) com we hope to figure things out quick, thanks!

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2gwxyv/playwithsix_steam_folder_not_recognized_help/ --- Reproduced.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Deleted settings and cache files. Now it's picking up combined ops, TOH, IF, and A3. But I can't change mod or sync folder locations without crashing still. Same with game location settings for any other game.

Good luck with new PWS :)

---------- Post added at 16:05 ---------- Previous post was at 15:52 ----------

Where? I can't find it.

I have 70 mods in my ArmA 3 dir remaining, which PWS lists as uninstalled; as they have not been installed by Six. How can I tell it to scan them all (probably do conversions)? How can I multi select? Do I have to install them one by one? I usually click on "Diagnose" and PWS starts checking that mod, converting and sometimes downloading. Have done this for 30 mods, now I'm tired. Because you have to wait until every process is finished...

Edited by tortuosit

http://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/2gwxyv/playwithsix_steam_folder_not_recognized_help/ --- Reproduced.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:10 AM ----------

Deleted settings and cache files. Now it's picking up combined ops, TOH, IF, and A3. But I can't change mod or sync folder locations without crashing still. Same with game location settings for any other game.

Thanks, the issue with not being able to change folders should be resolved in yesterdays deployed build. Will investigate the rest

In PWS, in mod management, I have to do many things one by one and wait until one thing is finished....
In PwS you build collections with as many mods as you like - just hit create collection, and then drag the stuff in there, or click the add to collection button.

You can also share collections publically; http://play.withsix.com/arma-3/collections or unlisted, or even just private as a backup :)

Still working hard on UI improvements :-)

Edited by Sickboy

Thanks Sickboy, you shouldn't have read my criticism, as I already deleted it, however it's not a secret, I prefer way more conservative windows UIs... :D

But the open question is, as explained in above (edited) post, how can I quickly integrate already downloaded mods into SIX? So that they can be part of the update process? Keeping mods up to date is the one and only -and important- reason why I use Six.

Thanks for your answer. I have another question: is there a sort of mod load limit? It depends on the game or launcher?

I've noticed that if I try to load more than a certain number of mod some mod don't start at all. I don't know the exact limit number but I've experienced this thing and I'm sure about it.

Thanks in advance.

Excellent Program, has become an absolutely invaluable asset in our community. Just waiting for a tailored package so I can get premium for all our members ;)

Edited by MATR1X
grammar

Sickboy I need to speak with you ASAP please. I cannot send you a PM here per your settings.

Sickboy I need to speak with you ASAP please. I cannot send you a PM here per your settings.

Added you as a contact, ready to receive

Hi Sickboy, I am getting an error every time I start PwS, when it checks for prerequisites, it tells me in an error window that I don't have Adobe Flash installed. Is that intended? It's on Win8, only browser installed is Chrome and of course I got rid of systemwide Flash (being such a security nightmare). Otherwise than the warning window, PwS seems to work just fine.

Hi Sickboy, I am getting an error every time I start PwS, when it checks for prerequisites, it tells me in an error window that I don't have Adobe Flash installed. Is that intended? It's on Win8, only browser installed is Chrome and of course I got rid of systemwide Flash (being such a security nightmare). Otherwise than the warning window, PwS seems to work just fine.

Hi fraczek,

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention, we've solved it in the meantime, and a fix will be in the next BETA build.

The plugin should normally auto update itself, and only be for flash-plugin-based browsers; not IE or Chrome.

We use some of the flash features on our site currently, but very sporadically.

We'll look into dropping this for the future.

Hi fraczek,

Thanks for bringing the issue to our attention, we've solved it in the meantime, and a fix will be in the next BETA build.

Thanks!

BTW, there is, at least for me (might be just OS specific), a small UI issue with PwS Settings on Win8 64bit - scrolling them via the scroll wheel doesn't work when your mouse pointer is hovering anywhere over the whole white area with the actual settings (checkboxes and all), you have to move the pointer to one specific area (dark grey) left of the checkboxes for scroll wheel events to register. And the scrollbar on the right of the settings is too small to grab reliably, because on Win8 it interferes with the window resizing boundary - there is just about 5 pixel area where you can grab the scrollbar not getting the pointer changed to resize window pointer.

Otherwise, good job! PwS/SixUpdater has evolved a lot from the old days...

Half the time I have play with six it doesnt even want to start :/ I have to like keep trying it, and whenever "six self updater' something exe comes up, that means it wont start so I have to end the process and its just a mess, i will try re installing it since I am having so many issues.

As of today I am no longer able to find A2 custom terrains from A3 side of PWS. What gives?