sickboy

Discover, Play, Promote missions and mods withSIX

whats update the update with own repo (hosting) support and a solution for gamespy > steam switch?

@ SpanishSurfer

Once Sickboy has some breathing room again, he should be able to give you the complete answer.

As far as I know, you dont have to do anything special. The program identifies from the keys on the server what can be used.

@ LinuxMaster9

Can you please make a report in the support section and attach the logs.

@ nightshift

Public listed/web collections will become available very soon.

Only when you have private data to share, you will need to stick to custom repositories for now.

At some point we will also offer better support for this.

A2:CO and A3 should get native steam support in the upcoming client update.

I find it a very useful tool to manage mods and other stuff, but i'd like to suggest a more standarized, common, and simple UI.

About performance it feels heavy, not a very fluid workflow. Maybe the UI?.

Anyhow it is very useful. Thanks.

Hey is it now with new beta possible to share modsets/collections ? and how can i do this ?

not yet, but very soon :)

I'm not certain if this has been said yet or not, but Esbekistan wants me to download three other islands now (Clafghan, avgani_iraq, and afghan_village_opteryx)

This is a recent thing, and I've just been launching without updating for now, but it's annoying as I'd like to add new mods to my list, but don't want to download three unwanted islands.

Is there a way to get around this?

I'm thinking I may have just missed it over the A2 and now A3 iterations of PwS, but is there a way to:

a) play without updating a mod/addon? I haven't found that option.

b) play in an offline mode. It's not really an issue now, but a few weeks ago, when I opened PwS, it would take a long time to check all the mods to see if they were current. Would have been nice to use it solely as a launcher and just play in that case.

I'm thinking I may have just missed it over the A2 and now A3 iterations of PwS, but is there a way to:

a) play without updating a mod/addon? I haven't found that option.

b) play in an offline mode. It's not really an issue now, but a few weeks ago, when I opened PwS, it would take a long time to check all the mods to see if they were current. Would have been nice to use it solely as a launcher and just play in that case.

There is an orange button with a few dots next to the 'UPDATE' button if it wants to update, click that and you can select 'play without updating'.

There is an orange button with a few dots next to the 'UPDATE' button if it wants to update, click that and you can select 'play without updating'.

Thanks. I've tried right-clicking all over the place, but never thought to try clicking the dots. I thought they were part of the "UPDATE" button. Thanks for the help.

It seems that since a recent update some mods that áre enabled, dont load. I believe they're all mods that aren't in Six, just on my computer. Any idea what causes that?

note: I receive beta updates.

I am unable to request a mod in need of an update.Whilst logged into my client Six interface i attempt step 1.

1. Post your update or addition request to GetSatisfaction withSIX .

Its very frustrating being prompted for a verification code that never comes. Which means i am unable to prompt for a mods update.

Is it possible for the already logged in Six interface to automatically connect to the website, with out the verification process thats hit and miss.

Thank you

I will provide an image.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/SnRaCe/ARMA%20III/Six_zpsd17a0a58.png (134 kB)

With login or Sign up i always get the prompt for verification code ? which never comes to my inbox.

Due to not being able to login to submit feedback. I will present my next issue here with another image.

serversbeta_zps728594c0.png

Due to weeks of pain with gamespy and query ports. I took the opportunity to change to beta to view my servers and correct info for the first time ? nothing.

With or with out specific filters, nothing shows up in the BROWSE window.

It seems that since a recent update some mods that áre enabled, dont load. I believe they're all mods that aren't in Six, just on my computer. Any idea what causes that?

note: I receive beta updates.

This should be addressed a few beta builds back :)

---------- Post added at 11:08 ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 ----------

I will provide an image.

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/SnRaCe/ARMA%20III/Six_zpsd17a0a58.png (134 kB)

With login or Sign up i always get the prompt for verification code ? which never comes to my inbox.

Due to not being able to login to submit feedback. I will present my next issue here with another image.

Could it be that it is to an email address you used a long time ago? What about spam filtering?

http://i150.photobucket.com/albums/s96/SnRaCe/ARMA%20III/serversbeta_zps728594c0.png

Due to weeks of pain with gamespy and query ports. I took the opportunity to change to beta to view my servers and correct info for the first time ? nothing.

With or with out specific filters, nothing shows up in the BROWSE window.

There seems to be an issue with grid mode, if you make the application less wide, the list mode should appear and work fine. Addressing for the upcoming build. Edited by Sickboy

Hey Sickboy,

love play WithSix!

Got a small issue though, the server browser, though no filters enabled, only shows me either none or about 60 empty servers (of 403). So I wonder maybe my settings are somehow fkd up? I dislike the slow ingame server browser and would prefer yours to join games.

http://imgur.com/Nl68BE3,xAhLhBL#0

See how it's scanning but not recieving any servers kinda?

Thanks for any help mate.

NVey0Ps.jpg

We are pleased to release update v1.50 of our client, with many fixes, improvements and new features.

Read on

---------- Post added at 16:37 ---------- Previous post was at 16:35 ----------

Hey Sickboy,

love play WithSix!

Got a small issue though, the server browser, though no filters enabled, only shows me either none or about 60 empty servers (of 403). So I wonder maybe my settings are somehow fkd up? I dislike the slow ingame server browser and would prefer yours to join games.

http://imgur.com/Nl68BE3,xAhLhBL#0

See how it's scanning but not recieving any servers kinda?

Thanks for any help mate.

Hey Mega!

Glad you are enjoying!

I hope the issues have been addressed in the latest release, otherwise let us know and we'll have a quick look!

Thanks mate, it works now from time to time... Sometimes I get the full server list, sometimes I see "downloading server list" and then it abruptly cancels without any warning/message. Seems to happen to me after I switched max info cnnections to 500 and restarted play withsix.

EDIT: I just deleted firewall rules and waited about 5 minutes, started playwithsix again and it loads the server lists just fine. Curious... Max Info Server connect. is 50. I'll restart without changing the value and see what happens.

... Works. I'll change the value to 100 and restart.

...Works. I'll change the value to 250 and restart.

...Works. What the hell, okay, I'll go 500 again and see.

Crazy shit man. I could have sworn you that just 10 minutes ago I would NOT get any results.

I just turned max ping up to 500, no results filtered out at all. Reduced it to 200, get results, crank back up to 500, get results.

Kind of random stuff happening here. Not sure what to do. Shit man, I could even have been on the different tab (fav instead of browse) I guess I hope it will work when it matters.

Any logs I could provide?

Edited by megagoth1702

Everyone, we did it!! You asked for it for a long time, and .. here it is!

2aj13ir.jpg

After countless hours in our development dungeon we are very proud to introduce to you

the beta version of one of the most requested feature for Play withSIX since we started this project;

Collection Sharing.

Read more at the Share your Experience post.

Stay tuned for more awesomeness coming your way, in the stable release and beyond!

Edited by Sickboy

Thats a very cool feature.

Couple of Questions I use a .bat to launch my Arma3 currently because I use affinity and high priority (Not the -high in command line as that doesn't work and affinity because I dont want to use task manager every time I launch).

Does PWS support high priority and or affinity ?

Or can I get it to launch a .bat and not the exe directly ?

Thanks.

BL1P

I put the upload button and simply displayed a massage "cannot find view for.."

how am I wrong for that?

Thats a very cool feature.

Couple of Questions I use a .bat to launch my Arma3 currently because I use affinity and high priority (Not the -high in command line as that doesn't work and affinity because I dont want to use task manager every time I launch).

Does PWS support high priority and or affinity ?

Or can I get it to launch a .bat and not the exe directly ?

Thanks.

BL1P

I would recommend checking for a priority/affinity tool to deal with this instead; http://forums.guru3d.com/showthread.php?t=356909

For the future we could look into providing it as a launch setting.

how am I wrong for that?

Same here - I successfully uploaded one collection yesterday, but trying again just now I get the same message:

cfvf_zps7ace4838.png

how am I wrong for that?

Same here - I successfully uploaded one collection yesterday, but trying again just now I get the same message:

http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a297/Dotanuki/Screens/cfvf_zps7ace4838.png

Hmm, does it work just after startup, or not at all?

---------- Post added at 14:57 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Some cool public collections already popping up

(you can now add tags by editing the collection on the website :-))

Edited by Sickboy

Hmm, does it work just after startup, or not at all?

OK, it works after restarting the application. It had been running for 12+ hours when I got the error message.

I had the same issue with "cannot find view for" but then I realized I wasnt logged in in PWS. After logging in it works perfectly :)

I had the same issue with "cannot find view for" but then I realized I wasnt logged in in PWS. After logging in it works perfectly :)

Thanks so much for that info, that has lead to a fix immediately and will be deployed shortly!

(its actually the 'Connection' or 'Login' required popup that is causing this)