sickboy

Discover, Play, Promote missions and mods withSIX

Any time I make a Support ticket on the withsix.com page I cannot for the life of me find ANY tickets I have posted; the entire website seems to be very un-friendly with users.

I'll ask here where there's actually a record of it, how do I create a custom repository or YML configuration so if I give somebody the prefix such as http://webaddress/repo/arma2/config.yml then it will launch Play WithSix using that config.yml file, it will select ArmA 2 and it will create a repository of the "Required Mods".

If you click the support tab, at the bottom it says:

(Or visit the support forums at Get Satisfaction withSIX directly)

Did you visit the GSFN itself yet? Once you are on the GSFN withSIX page,

you can use the recent activity tab or log into at the top right with your withSIX account

and in your dashboard it shows all the threads you posted in.

I can see that the embedded makes it hard to find your topic again. We will discuss this.

I've just looked through GSFN and I can't see my ticket on the "Recent Activity", I am certain however that I did post it.

In the mean time however I am looking through the documents in the first post which talk about Repo's.

--Update--

Tried & tested custom repo via the documents I mentioned above; Repo seems to be working just fine now, problem resolved.

One quick question however, will PwS still detect ArmA 2 after the Blackout at the end of May?

Edited by ColinM9991

Ok glad to hear you got it working ColinM9991 :)

Did you login at GSFN to see if your post was registered there?

As for A2 - we still have to see how things plays out. One can add manually servers already.

We consider to look into a master server like solution similar to gamespy, but no promises.

;2671774']Ok glad to hear you got it working ColinM9991 :)

As for A2 - we still have to see how things plays out. One can add manually servers already.

We consider to look into a master server like solution similar to gamespy' date=' but no promises.[/quote']

I did log in, but couldn't seem to find the post.

Other than that, the server is adding via the YML configuration file so I guess the best thing to do is rely on HTTP/HTML advertising and config files until a solid and stable server browser is released.

Just to be clear - according to BI Arma 2: OA will get steam protocol support; just for A2 and older the community needs to find ways.

We already support steam protocol for DayZ SA. So PWS support for A2:OA and A3 should be no problem. :)

;2671774']Ok glad to hear you got it working ColinM9991 :)

We consider to look into a master server like solution similar to gamespy' date=' but no promises.[/quote']

A guy named Skywing emulated the gamespy master server for the Neverwinter Nights games. Just needs a hosts file change to make it work. Maybe helpful to talk to him, if that's the route you guys decide on for the legacy games.

http://www.nwnx.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=2035

Thanks for sharing TheCapulet :)

I have a problem.

Whenever I DL a mod from PWS, my comp will BSOD after installation.

Happened in both Windows 8 + Windows 8.1

Any fixes?

"Play withSIX has encountered a problem. We are sorry for the inconvenience. A problem occured during the checking."

Some of my clan mates can't install/update mods. Keep getting this error. Whats the problem?

@ mtever and Acoustic

Please provide us the logs.

Hm did you check the page I linked there?

That is the Roaming path. The logs are under local.

Thanks Acoustic, the problem is related to having set an invalid mod installation path, and synq path is kind of set wrongly too.

ModPath: f:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\mpmissions\.synq

SynqPath: f:\steamlibrary\steamapps\common\arma 3\mpmissions\.synq

The Mod Path may never be a .synq folder, or any sub folder there-of (also the mpmissions folder isn't really appropriate either, but technically not an actual problem).

We have improved the handling of this in the upcoming version, sadly for now the path must either be manually edited in the appropriate settings.xml (settings-1.16.xml),

or the settings file must be deleted and all settings and collections redone.

If too much of a hassle, if they send the settings-1.16.xml to support (at) withsix (dot) com, we will make the appropriate changes and send it back.

Sorry for the hassle.

Edited by Sickboy

I am unable to request a mod in need of an update.Whilst logged into my client Six interface i attempt step 1.

1. Post your update or addition request to GetSatisfaction withSIX .

Its very frustrating being prompted for a verification code that never comes. Which means i am unable to prompt for a mods update.

Is it possible for the already logged in Six interface to automatically connect to the website, with out the verification process thats hit and miss.

Thank you

What account do you try to log in with SnR?

A new one from GSFN or the withSIX website or steam/etc?

Non of the external sign in's. Im successful each time withSix using my email and pw, except i never receive a verification with the email im successful with.

Sorry I cannot quite follow you.

To clarify: To be logged in the client, does _not_ help you with GSFN (unfortunately).

Instead you need to log in on GSFN page itself. Their system allows you to log in with a withSIX account though.

;2688352']Instead you need to log in on GSFN page itself. Their system allows you to log in with a withSIX account though.
Im using the same log account for the GSFN page, as mentioned before it accepts those details then claims to have sent a verification code to the same email. Which never arrives, thus not allowing me to post and create threads. Thanks for your time.

Ok thanks. I have never heard of this before. Will ask in the team if anyone knows. :confused:

Hello, new to playwithsix (I've been doing everything manually for 10 years now) the program itself is easy enough to use/understand. My question is regarding servers.

What do I have to do to configure my server to work well with playwithsix? How does playwithsix work, does it read server keys or active server mods?

Thanks!

Having an issue converting ACEX_USNAVY from Sync to Synq. PWS crashes every time I try to convert. I can not install it even when I delete the mod folder. I have been using Six Updater which works just fine.