sickboy

Discover, Play, Promote missions and mods withSIX

@pooley; Sorry for the delayed response, I guess you want help with setting up a server repository. I've only limited knowledge about this but believe this document should help you: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K5gsMuvN1E_GGajrkcLzapEuHPN1eZZ68ok5hczfhQ4/edit

If you want to create a collection (new name for user made presets) from a server, we are going to release this feature soon but will not yet have it linked to a specific server when you activate it. So the process would just create a filled collection (which you can already do manually) from all content required for the server you want to play on. Hope this answers your question!

@Dragonfire; Play withSIX is build around this purpose; to install mods separate from your vanilla game and allow you to pick and choose which to launch every time. This means you can easily jump onto a server with the right mods, start a custom mission with all required mods or open the editor with just the mods you like to use. You can still launch via shortcut, steam or any other way you like. I would recommend trying to go multiplayer via PwS over Steam as our in-tool server browser has more features. Hope this helps.

You can always find more support over at http://withsix.com/support

I started to experience a problem when I try to join servers or launch Arma 3 using Play withSIX, in the last two days. Up until this time, it worked fine. Now when I hit "Join"...the game (Arma 3) starts to load...I get the loading graphics...all looks fine, THEN I get this:

join3_zpsa2ed49b0.jpg

Play withSIX says I'm in game...even Steam thinks I'm in game but I don't SEE the game...just that. ^

I've been trying to track it down now for two days. I'm about to give up and remove Play withSIX...maybe reinstall it?? Anyone else know whats going on? The game starts up normally if I don't use PwS. It also starts fine if I use Armarize.

:confused:

I'm running:

Operating System

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1

CPU

Intel Core i7 870 @ 2.93GHz

Lynnfield 45nm Technology

RAM

12.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 667MHz (9-9-9-24)

Motherboard

Intel Corporation DP55WG (LGA 1156)

Graphics

L226W (1680x1050@60Hz)

1023MB GeForce GTX 550 Ti (EVGA)

Hard Drives

932GB Seagate ST1000DM003-1CH162 (SATA)

932GB Western Digital WDC WD1002FAEX-00Z3A0 (SATA)

Edited by BearChaser

Hi BearChaser,

It seems you've enabled dedicated server mode.

You can disable it from Tools->Settings->Game Settings.

Hope this helps

What timing! I just came back here to report that I discovered the problem. LOL I just found this response in another forum from you to someone else and did just that. It worked. ALL IS WELL! Thanks!!!

I must have ticked it when I was going through the multitude of withSIX videos that suggested it. Bad info for Arma noobs like me.

---------- Post added at 00:54 ---------- Previous post was at 00:42 ----------

One thing that may need to be fixed. I was having trouble moving the window around. As it turns out, the Search line is rather large and the nearly the same color as the background so when you click on the 'search' area (most of the upper frame), the window won't respond. I'm suggesting only to make the search bar a little more noticeable, to avoid clicking on it when trying to move the frame or the ability to use Windows framework.

Thanks for the feedback BearChaser, I'll see how we can improve this, changing the tone of the background color would be a work-around, I'm interested in seeing if we can actually allow you to drag the window while one the search field first, Sickboy will probably shoot me for this. :p Lazy designer trying to shove the work to coding instead ;)

@pooley; Sorry for the delayed response, I guess you want help with setting up a server repository. I've only limited knowledge about this but believe this document should help you: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1K5gsMuvN1E_GGajrkcLzapEuHPN1eZZ68ok5hczfhQ4/edit

If you want to create a collection (new name for user made presets) from a server, we are going to release this feature soon but will not yet have it linked to a specific server when you activate it. So the process would just create a filled collection (which you can already do manually) from all content required for the server you want to play on. Hope this answers your question!

i'm a trying to set up a preset, and while this document is indeed helpful, i'm not savvy enough with code/scripting to fully understand it. Any chance someone could post up an actual yml file so i can edit theirs (or at least see how they do it)

*edit > so i see you;'ve added a new feature that will be pushed out later where you can just right-click to create a new repository and then publish that... so that'll keep me happy.

G

Edited by GavC

whenever I 'launch without updating' PwS crashes. the game starts though. hope it'll be fixed soon, I try to use EricJ's weapons without being forced to use TMR. :p

How do i get SweetFX to work via the exe in the beta folder in Arma 2 CO?

As it works when i don't use PWS.

Edited by pooley

So I ended up installing this software and can see the ease of use and advantages it has. I do have a few questions though. I have a number of existing mods which are installed directly in the root game folder. So I changed game directory and mod install directory to the arma3 root folder (steamapps\common\arma3) instead of c:\documents\arma3 correct?

The problem I have is while pw6 recognizes all the mods I have, it doesn't see them as installed through the six launcher. So, I chose "Diagnose" and it seems to update the folder with the syncq info and shows it as installed. Problem I found is now I have 2 of the same mod installed. The ones installed through six are all lowercased where as my pre-existing ones have the same name with a capital letter. What is the best way to go about this (syncing up six with already installed mods)? Thanks!

So I ended up installing this software and can see the ease of use and advantages it has. I do have a few questions though. I have a number of existing mods which are installed directly in the root game folder. So I changed game directory and mod install directory to the arma3 root folder (steamapps\common\arma3) instead of c:\documents\arma3 correct?

The problem I have is while pw6 recognizes all the mods I have, it doesn't see them as installed through the six launcher. So, I chose "Diagnose" and it seems to update the folder with the syncq info and shows it as installed. Problem I found is now I have 2 of the same mod installed. The ones installed through six are all lowercased where as my pre-existing ones have the same name with a capital letter. What is the best way to go about this (syncing up six with already installed mods)? Thanks!

Hi TMoney,

Windows file system is case insensitive, so I cannot fathom how you can have the same mod installed twice in the same location, just with different case.

Could you please send in some screenshots?

If you mean that mods are duplicated in multiple locations then this should be an issue with configuration, and a matter of fixing the configuration and moving the mods across to a single location.

Thanks!

It is correct that we don't consider a mod to be installed and uptodate unless it is first converted (and contains the .synqinfo file with appropriate version).

Edited by Sickboy

Awesome program. Took a while to get used to, but once you set up your mod collections you can't go back. Thanks for making this useful software. My only slight complaint is that a lot of text is unnecessarily big and space-consuming. Also, would be nice to be able to resize the tab that contains the games, mods, missions and servers menus. Sorry if I was not very clear with my last sentence, english is though at times.

Sickboy you're right I don't see how there could be more than one folder with the same name. And yes I meant in my Arma3 core folder. Maybe there was a small difference in the text which resulted in creating a new one when I converted it with SIX. Anyhow it's working now so thank you for the reply. I really like what you have done with this SW. Very very nice and easy to use.

On that note, I tried PM'ing you about something but seems you do not accept them so I'll post it here.

I don't know the logistics of the software you created but it has sparked some ideas for me. I see atm you support Bohemia titles. But, what are the chances of expanding to more games? I'm also a PC sim racer and rFactor2 mods are similar to how Arma3 is, originally. Very time consuming and difficult to keep all your mods up to date as it requires 100% manual effort. But not with your software. So what I'm wondering is, what are the chances of supporting other games such as rFactor2? It would be HUGE for the community and also give more exposure to you and your software. Let me know your thoughts! Feel free to PM me. Thank you for reading. :)

Playwithsix wont update mods nor install as of an hour ago. Keep getting an error. Anyone else?

hello,

search result 0 entrys with "create.withSIX" so im asking here ?

Are there any news about that planned repo creation / hosting tool?

as far as i know i need the old very slow and not comfortable "sixupdater" for hosting repos.

i like playwithsix. Its super fast and much better then sixupdater. But repo hosting is no fun with sixupdater ->arma3

whats the development status of this tool ?

any others ideas how i can handle hosting without sixupdater ? at client side playwithsix is needed because we use it since its got released.

i cant wait for create.withsix...:rolleyes:

Wrong place to ask this question.

Right place to ask this question:----> http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?171722-Discover-Play-Promote-missions-and-mods-withSIX

Answer: at the moment repos need to be built with six updater still. However the with.six team are working on integrating it with Play With Six, so expect this functionality 'soon'. I'm hassling them weekly as six updater is quite long in the tooth for doing repos.

could a mod move this into the right thread maybe please?

Sorry missed your post nightshift and thanks for helping out zach72. :)

We hope to provide public collections soon. This means as long as the mods are on our network,

can simply define the set of mods and share it with your friends/team.

In addition to this there will be private collections for private mods or mods not on our network for whatever reason.

We will also provide better tools and an easier process for this. However this will still take some time to see the light.

Does this help nightshift?

Hi Pw6 team,

Regarding the issue related to this post

The issue i have sometimes is i prefer to use my own mod folder setup, i.e remove some PBOs etc, pw6 only gives an option to "Install"... could there be an ignore option?

Another example is some mods have different folders for different assets and so i prefer to merge like "RDS Tank Pack by Reyhard"

I guess im just too used to managing my mods manually and im not quite as comfortable with PW6 downloading, converting and installing.. its a bit vague to me whats happening, and im always worried PW6 re-downloads and installs a mod somewhere and filling up my hard drive :)

Other than that its great :)

Good points there Katipo66. This has been a design limitation so far unfortunately.

The background is that the program adds, updates files but also deletes them.

Right now it only mirrors the setup defined by the author/on the server.

Personally I think we need to find a way around that, yet Sickboy needs to expand on the technical aspects here.

One way could be to have an interface within PWS that tracks the users changes and sets them to an ignore list.

This still leaves the topic how to handle an update - giving the user the option for an detailed update report might be an approach.

Thanks for your reply .Kju, I guess It's hard to please everyone with so many different approaches in the game, BI know this well :D, I guess I'm just seeing folders with files in them where as PW6 operates at a different level, still would be nice if there's a workable/reasonable solution.

We're proud to share that since today we have over 1000 mods for Arma 3 and Arma 2 on our network, continously monitored and updated!

HYIMtA0.jpg

Play withSIX is celebrating its 1000th modification.

Congratulations to all the mod authors for their great work over the years and a big thanks to Bohemia Interactive for all their community and content support.

Modifications allow us to not only enhance our gaming experience, but to expand our minds, to reach out and discover new and amazing things, far beyond the original game.

Read more on our blog

We're proud to share that since today we have over 1000 mods for Arma 3 and Arma 2 on our network, continously monitored and updated!]

Congrats Para/Sickboy/.kju and the rest of the team- On making our life a darn sight easier! :yay: