Sign in to follow this  
Polymath820

Correct setup of models and animations for an addon?

How to set up rigging in blender 3d for arma 3

How to configure UVmaps for arma 3 images?

How to set up O2 to work correctly as it keeps failing to start in "buldozer mode";

How to set fabric components e.g the deforming of material on a character object

How to set up rvmats and other files necessary.

How to determine where all the bits go on your UVmaps

How to correctly set up the Models to animate etc.

How to import RTM ad dons to Splendid viewer?

I need answers to these and more.

Because I am toying with the idea of an arma 3 "War of tomorrow" pack which includes.

New vehicles (exo suit non game breaking meaning battery dependencies, weak points such as actuator joints and heads up display)

Possibly new weapons (unknown)

Possibly advanced body armour meaning hard light armour with fabric joins between the armour (requires rigging) ( Advanced)

New map? Don't know about this one.

Friend foe identifier system (equipment)

Custom particle effects for vehicle exhausts such as 'helijets' explosions etc

Satellite uplinks that can be disrupted idea based off u.s's new high bandwidth com link system. But more futurised.

That's just a view ideas

Edited by Polymath820
Added additional info

Look, if you dont have a clue at all about modelling for arma, you may want to start small.

First try to model and bring small objects ingame. A Handgun for example.

Then progress to the next bigger step. I.e. vehicle. Once you have those basics you can continue with maybe bigger stuff.

Trust me, this will be complicated enough at the beginning.

How to configure UVmaps for arma 3 images?

You can choose your own layout, like with basically every other game

How to determine where all the bits go on your UVmaps

Thats not arma specific. There are guides for general modelling for games that cover this.

How to correctly set up the Models to animate etc

With Model CFG and Selections in O2.

How to set fabric components e.g the deforming of material on a character object

With Weightpainting and Selections in O2.

I am using blender 3D and am studying / researching a considerable amount of information. Currently doing tutorials on rigging etc. A lot of the Diffuse maps I understand including "progressive damage" maps no I am talking about using Blender 3D's rigging then exporting it to an RTM file then putting everything together piece by piece. I've also been experimenting with rendering UVmaps with CyclesEngine. What I need to know is a "guide" from start to finish what to configure LOD's are easy to understand just the documentation from porting through O2 to Blender 3D and back is a pain. I am also doing tutorials into animating. Rigging I understand a "Posing" I understand I can work most of that out and using "grab / mirror modifiers to maintain a symmetrical object (Although in the context of humans you wouldn't want a completely perfect model one leg or arm being slightly longer or shorter / wider is a characteristic that defines humans symmetrical objects are too "perfect" where as humans have imperfections. UVmaps are easy to understand is there any specific way to make it the same as a "plastic model" and label each UVmap component with an ID'ing system? Modeling is not hard you start with a "primitive" also called "fleshing out in the drawing world" and you build up the complexity. Progressively. It's just remembering a large quantity of controls within blender is a pain.

I already have a list of things I need to do in-order to get the exo-skeleton etc to work. Including the HUD I need to create a "Mouse point tracking" and object tracking.

There is too many questions I need to ask.

Edited by Polymath820

There is too many questions I need to ask.

I dont every recall ever seeing THAT much information in one tutorial ........

Instead, you'll just have to search, read, mod something small, search, read, mod something slightly larger, search, read, mod something slightly more complicated, search, read, mod something more trickier, search, read ....

Anyhow you get the idea, the rest of us learnt that way.

well i started a little over a month ago and have made leaps and bounds in progress.(atleast i think so) I started by trying to figure out how to port, i started with vehicles. I took on a project of porting a vehicle with help of my units mod team. From their examples and work that was done on the config i started to see how the configs were put together and what made this do that and the like. I read Mondkalb(did i spell it right?) tutorial as a basic as to how to get it in the game, after that it was all trial an error, more error than anything. I learned the most from looking at other peoples work and trying to figure out what does what. You will get frustrated and you will scream bloody murder and post here asking why wont this work(which is completely normal). There is loads of information in the BI wiki about modding but i think i learned the most useful information about arma 3 in the VBS dev guide here. It has most of the things you need to learn how to apply. Weapons are a little more simple unless you want to have alot of fancy things going on with the weapon which of course makes it more difficult.

Just take on a project and dive into it you learn the most by first hand experience, modding is like calculus someone can show you how to do it all day but if you don't understand what is going on by applying what they are showing you, you will never truly learn how to do it.

How to set up O2 to work correctly as it keeps failing to start in "buldozer mode";

i think this guide is the best:

http://ohplz.ca/tuts/00/index.html

How to import RTM ad dons to Splendid viewer?

if you arent using them already i recommend for Blender Alwarren´s toolbox (under export you find the RTM option)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?154289-Arma-Toolbox-for-Blender-Arma-2-3-exporter-script

its simply weight painting (STALKERGB's Weighting overview)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?148130-Arma3-Characters-Modding-Tutorial

the "mouse/view control" is integrated in vehicles look here:

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?170122-Key-Interaction-Cockpit-Interaction-Tutorial