Sign in to follow this  
thetrooper

car lights on

Hi all,

Is there any way to put car lights on when AI isn't in it. Like an empty vehicle?

Hi all,

Is there any way to put car lights on when AI isn't in it. Like an empty vehicle?

Name your vehicle "car" and put this in its init:

for lights on:

this action ["LightOn", car];

for engine on:

this action ["EngineOn", car];

Cheers for that. Didn't expect that lol

---------- Post added at 11:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 AM ----------

hmm, however, lights not working when there's a driver in it?

Maybe it's because the AI turn the lights back off instantly due to the units combat mode or time of day? Or maybe try assigning the driver the action?

Edited by Iceman77

If the driver is in a mode oder than SAFE or CARELESS the lights will be turned off (to prevent the enemy from seeing the car). If you want the driver to move the car, set waypoints to careless / safe.

this action ["LightOn", car];

I cant seem to get this to work with this as the unit. It only works with player as the unit. can I use something else besides a player to run the action?

I cant seem to get this to work with this as the unit. It only works with player as the unit. can I use something else besides a player to run the action?

Try placing a trigger with the condition "true", you should then be able to chose any unit if I remember right.

I ended up using a gamelogic I had lying around. Boy, the more I use those things the more I like 'em. Works for a trigger or in the cars init.