leight

Altis Defence Forces v01.BETA

Hey Leight, I thought the error was caused by your addon overwriting some files from the Australian Defence Forces (ADF_ suffix, just like your files), but maybe it wasn´t the case, anyway, if it is not too much of a hassle, you could change your class/sufix to AlDF or ALF just in case...

cheers!

We have updated the main 1.0 archive we host with this hotfix so people only need to download just one file.

We also offer the hotfix as a seperate download (see the news item).

Hotfix frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

tried the hotfix and now it says Addon ADF_main requires ADF_S_WEP_WEAPONS so we went from M to S :P (with the beta version there was no problem)

(its not a problem with the Australian Defence Force as i don't have it)

Prefix could be updated to LADF (Leight Altis Defence Force)

Edited by supergruntsb78
aditional info and idea

yep, I got that error too..., anyway thx for great addon, it is my favourite one.

Awsome addon thx :)

Can you please provide us with class names for units and the faction it self?

Great addon!

Will use this in many many missions.

Edited by Groshnak

Few bugs:

Addon requirement error on startup caused by adf_s_wep_weapons config being defined as "adf_s_weapons".

Sounds inside BTR echo way too much (attenuationEffectType problem?)

ca\characters_e\tk\data\tak_soldier_equip_ti.ca.paa error when starting mission

sfp_a2_data\data\env_land_co.paa error comes up sometimes

Otherwise really good :)

Edited by Groshnak

#UPDATE to 1.0.1, download package or download patch from 1.0 to 1.0.1

Few bugs:

Addon requirement error on startup caused by adf_s_wep_weapons config being defined as "adf_s_weapons".

Sounds inside BTR echo way too much (attenuationEffectType problem?)

ca\characters_e\tk\data\tak_soldier_equip_ti.ca.paa error when starting mission

sfp_a2_data\data\env_land_co.paa error comes up sometimes

Otherwise really good :)

Yeah that what happens when you take content from Swedish forces pack and don't clean it up properly...

If Leight would had asked we could had supplied the MLODS, now I am just not impressed.

Use credits when you steal/borrow/reuse...

#UPDATE to 1.0.1, download package or download patch from 1.0 to 1.0.1

Thank you!

BTR Could use more armor, it blows up if you shoot few magazines on it with a rifle.

Still some error messages:

Units:

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters_e\tk\data\tak_soldier_equip_ti_ca.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters_e\un\data\helmets_ti_ca.paa.

Warning Message: Cannot load texture ca\characters_e\un\data\soldier_ti_ca.paa.

Hind:

Warning Message: Cannot open object adf_m_veh_mi24\adf_rb99.p3d (its actually named adf_rb992.p3d but renaming it didnt fix it so im not sure why..)

And theres a million error messages in RPT that dont show up in game so i dont think those matter that much :)

By far the best mod out there right now for opfor enemies, other mods have much bigger problems or include weapons that have really unrealistic recoils, bad sounds, wierdly named units in editor etc, this has most stuff well made :)

Edited by Groshnak

Sorry to see, that people dont ask for permission for reusing stuff or atleast give credits.

the "sfp_a2_data\data\env_land_co.paa error comes up sometimes"

could come from any of the things the Swedish Forces Pack crew extracted from the A2 models that BIS made available to the community.

I´ve personally put in quite a few hours extracting the vest from the russian A2 mlod, and cutting out the crew and pilot helmets from the rest of the A2 models and i know the rest of the team made a lot of effort in configs and vehicle models (mi24/btr60). Im not the right person to tell anyone they cant use these models as they are under BIS EULA but it would atleast be nice to get some cred for the work we put in.

But hey im glad people like "your work"...

Edited by subroc
spelling

New version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

We also offer the small patch update as a seperate download (see the news item).

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I used the faction classname ADF to spawn these units in with Alive, however it seems to overlap with the ADF Uncut mod and instead spawns Australians. Perhaps a different factioon classname for these guys to make them compatible with Alive?

Yeah I would really like to see this one be proper compatible with ALiVE as these are much more proper opponents on the Altian Island.

I would like to assist if there's some config problems. :)

Ok, I will change faction classname in next update.

Nice! Just what A3 needs :) Do they have technicals too?

Groups (including manned vehicles) and Alive compatibility will make these a very prominent source on my missions ;)

Hello there

The mod certainly looks interesting, but are there plans to continue it or will work cease due to the recent issues with the Swedish mod? I know asking for eta's etc are frowned upon here but there does seem to be an issue and Id rather not devote time to mission making with this mod if it halts.

Rgds

LoK

Hello there

The mod certainly looks interesting, but are there plans to continue it or will work cease due to the recent issues with the Swedish mod? I know asking for eta's etc are frowned upon here but there does seem to be an issue and Id rather not devote time to mission making with this mod if it halts.

Rgds

LoK

We don't ask this mod to come to a halt, we do however appreciate credits...

Isn't the name rather redundant considering there is a faction that is the Altis Armed Forces (AAF) already.

Edited by bwc153
Removed spoiler

Isn't the name rather redundant considering there is a faction that is the Altis Armed Forces (AAF) and.... (campaign spoiler)

They are allied with CSAT? (but are still INDEP)

notsureifserious.jpg

Yes, I am. Please enlighten me as to why my question wouldn't be serious?

We don't ask this mod to come to a halt, we do however appreciate credits...

Excellent, thanks for the response.

I also completely understand your standpoint.

Rgds

LoK