Sign in to follow this  
relain

How to Sync weather in MP?

Hi @ll,

I made a mission recently for a COOP with 18 people. I need to sync the weather (Fog , 8 - all the time) with a all Clients and with even with the JiP. Right now, I simply don't know how to sync the "fog" with all Players. I see the fog, others not. Some do see Sun & Rain, others Cloudy weather and so on. Sometimes, if a Player joins, the weather changes for all Players. :butbut:

I am aware of the dynamic weather script. But I would like to have constant and reliable weather on all clients - not dynamic one. Is there a script out there or e specific command line? I tried MCC Sandbox - didn't work either. I can sync the time, but not the weather.

THX in advance!:yay:

You can choose your own settings for the weather script. Just make it constant fog

You could create a function that sets the constant weather parameters and use BIS_fnc_MP to execute that on all clients (make it sticky so it will also be executed on JIP clients).

Alternatively, execute a piece of code in init.sqf that spawns code that sets the weather parameters in a loop, like, every ten seconds or so, to compensate forecasted weather. That's what I usually do.

Is there any state of weather that will not change for players? For example all values to zero, clear blue sky, time of changes maxed. Would it lead to different weather for clients too?

Is there any state of weather that will not change for players? For example all values to zero, clear blue sky, time of changes maxed. Would it lead to different weather for clients too?

Yes, on some occasions it does

they main problem in weather synching is, that overcast cant be changed instantly. And even if you have set values for rain and thunder it still can be overwritten by the overcast