Sign in to follow this  
Polymath820

Are you allowed? Learn from?

Are you allowed to load bohemias weapons models into Oxygen 2 for the purpose of learning "where all the bits" go in arma 3's texture files? I don't want to alter / redistribute I just want to look at those files / with the textures loaded so I can work out where all the bits go?

I'm not sure if this is correct, but you might find some weapons in the Sample's model packs released from A1 and A2. Or...are you asking about A3's?

It is A3's models I need because I need access to the Uvmaps to work out where all the textures go on guns I just wanted to add a bunch of additional camouflages to weapons etc... I am not sure if Bohemia allows this because the modding licence appears to have changed stating " you may edit, distribute content under the provisor you do not use any security methods or restrictions to the arma 3 content given you do not profit from them or gain and endorse a product. I also would like to open the flashlight attachment textures etc I want to make a tactical light... The weapon UVmaps are invaluable because otherwise I can't add the textures to any weapons until I unwrap the Uvmaps.

Edited by Polymath820

You can reskin a3 models, but you asked if you could open them in oxygen which is not allowed unless its an a3 or a2 sample model look what's came out loads of a3 reskins from cars to choppers thats fine, but putting an a3 model in oxygen to look at the textures is not allowed thats why i gave you the link as all info you asked for will be in that for weapons to get you started.

you can open the A3 pbo and look at textures.

Reskinning is not easy when you do not have access to the Uvmaps and they are inside the model. That is what I need in order to reskin it correctly. Uvmaps are the model in u v x and y axis which when wrapped for a 3d models textures. Unwrapped they tell you where all the texture components go.

Edited by Polymath820
Typo

I know exactly what a uvmap is buddy ive just converted all the baf and taki units to a3 and made well over 400 models for my terrains, and started on my vehicles why do you need the uv map when u can make one from the nohq.paa from the vehicle you want to skin from the model just desaturate it in cs6 or gimp and bang if you bothered to read these forums i would not be explaining this as its been said many times over.

ill make it simple for you quick google

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?115620-how-to-retexture-existing-Arma-2-models