Sign in to follow this  
Ckrauslo

Low FPS only when playing multiplayer

I Run the game with medium High, the textures and the objects being at high and get around 20 to 60 FPS when playing, and in the more intense missions or scenarios my Fps is around 20 to 30, but when i join a server online, i might respawn on an empty server or an empty area but my FPS drop to 1 or 9, why is that ? what can i do?

My system specification: i5 4570k, 8gb Ram corsair vengeance, XFX HD6870, 1Tb green sata, 500 gb external hard drive

your system, probably, has little to do with FPS when playing multiplayer scenarios. your FPS is tied to server FPS, so to speak. so when the server has been up for a long time, performance tends to drop significantly, and when the server has 5-10 FPS, you will not get above 20 FPS no matter how good your machine is.

the server has to be really good to run Arma 3 without issues for hours, most rigs that are rented to clans are shit, so you get shit FPS. that's for Bohemia to change, they really need to optimize their multiplayer part of the game.

I play with the 31st MEU, and while i'm getting these low fps some guys get around 60 or the LT tompkins told he was getting 110 fps

Rig in signature, with measly 1.5km view distances and Low object quality, still seeing dips down to like 30-40 fps in any populated active server.

The only time I'm able to hit a constant minimum of 60 fps with mostly ultra settings and realistic view distances, is when I'm alone in an empty Stratis editor spawn.

Man 30-40 has a huge difference from what i'm experiencing, even more because you're playing in ultra, but i'm having low fps, you just being a little harsh believing that 30-40 is bad in Ultra high if i was having this fps like yours i wouldn't be posting this topic here mate

Edited by Ckrauslo

View distance, object quality ..., the usual suspects.

In MP, ajust your settings to the server.

May want to monitor the cpu temps. The 4570k ought to do well, but if it's over hot it will punk out out like any cpu.

Good Luck!

I play with the 31st MEU, and while i'm getting these low fps some guys get around 60 or the LT tompkins told he was getting 110 fps

Hah, sounds like the last guy is talking it up as I sincerely doubt he is getting anywhere near that in multiplayer. ArmA 3 isn't on the external HDD is it? Cos that would be causing the issue if that's the case.