slatts

Irish Armed forces Mod

OK time for a Dialann Forbartha!

There's been quite a bit of work going into the mod in the last few weeks. A new UAV called the Iolar (Irish for Eagle) has been added. There are some issues remaining before it will be released. It won't take off and the AI flies it like something from Airplane!. However it can be fitted into a backpack and carried by soldiers like a Darter.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/538507159018201339/4BFBA3AA6C693AE4390EB61741E1A5A05A27D667/

PennyWize74 has also been hard at work creating some Air Corps reskins. The Orca is a stand in for the AW139 while the Merlin/Mohawk is a homage to the Puma operated in the 80's. Both will remain even after the AW139 is completed. They also bring some sling loading and FFV capabilities to the mod.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/538508458071775388/83D95A8FF0537315C5A1A59966BA666A29680F44/

A lot of config work is being done to the soldiers in an attempt to add Zeus compatibility but it is unsuccessful just yet. Also the Desert soldier class will be expanded to add the roles from the woodland class.

There is also a new spotter weapon being added. This is a recreation of the Irish Army's upgrade to the FN-FAL to make a spotter weapon.

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/538506468956942114/5C15997F2D4D2E2744669781C45319F71E54C38C/

There's a while to go before the next update is out. I've started a new job for Xmas and it's getting hectic and hours are getting longer. But with a bit of luck we'll see an update before the year is out but not looking hugely likely.

Now when ever I try to use the IAF Upgraded AUG in the virtual arsenal it seams to crash my game. Just letting you know it could be conflicting with another mod I have but if its not then it may be worth looking into. The new Helicopters and FAL look great :D Keep up the great work.

Hey I was just wondering if you were going to retexture the Hunter MRAP HMG or GMG variants for this mod. I know You already retextured the Strider MRAP HMG, but I think the Hunter is much closer to the Irish RG Outrider. Anyways, love this mod, and can't wait for the helicopters! Appreciate all the the work that's been done so far!

Now when ever I try to use the IAF Upgraded AUG in the virtual arsenal it seams to crash my game. Just letting you know it could be conflicting with another mod I have but if its not then it may be worth looking into. The new Helicopters and FAL look great :D Keep up the great work.

Really? Anything you can say causes it? First report of this issue I've gotten. Have you tried it without other mods turned on?

@TheRed343, Probably not, at least not in the short term, I do hope to bring in an actual RG-32 at some point. The different design choices Vs a retexture hunter is a winner to me.

@TheRed343, Probably not, at least not in the short term, I do hope to bring in an actual RG-32 at some point. The different design choices Vs a retexture hunter is a winner to me.

Oh really? :o Lol I had no idea otherwise I would have never suggested it! An actual RG Outrider in game would be amazing! I hope you're able to keep up with this mod, it's great so far. I myself would love to help out, but I have no idea what I'm doing. (I found this out when I tried to make my own retextures)

Oh really? :o Lol I had no idea otherwise I would have never suggested it! An actual RG Outrider in game would be amazing! I hope you're able to keep up with this mod, it's great so far. I myself would love to help out, but I have no idea what I'm doing. (I found this out when I tried to make my own retextures)

Neither did I at first, but once you get the first one finished. Well here I am 6 years later still at it :p

Really? Anything you can say causes it? First report of this issue I've gotten. Have you tried it without other mods turned on?

Sorry for the looooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng delay but I realized it was another conflicting mod. My apologize if I wasted your time.

Dya know what one? Can see about knocking heads with the author and figure whats conflicting.

Dya know what one? Can see about knocking heads with the author and figure whats conflicting.

I think it was another mod with aug's. I will test out this mod again with the new update to arma and see if I can pin point if you ya :)

ADF Uncut seams to be causing the problems. Take it as you may. Hope it helps!

Looking good, do have you any updates on the Piranha 3+ progress, love that thing!

Nothing major to report on it since the last time I mentioned it. Won't make the next update as I had hoped :/

Ah well, the vanilla APCs will have to do till shes ready to roll, AUGs looking great btw, do you plan on making a black version of the Wing as well?

Ah well, the vanilla APCs will have to do till shes ready to roll, AUGs looking great btw, do you plan on making a black version of the Wing as well?

Didn't think of that, might do a grey/black spray painted texture for the black role to use.

Didn't think of that, might do a grey/black spray painted texture for the black role to use.

Hey Slatts,Greetings from Dublin!.i am so glad you are continuing this mod-i am in the process of making a couple of scenarios with them as I cant belive there are none on the Steam workshop!they should be ready within a week or two.i was wondering if you had seen the SMA mod version of the Aug?I jst got it last night and they are some incredibly designed weapons.I dont really know but is there a way to incorporate them?Anyway get ready for some hostage rescues in Chad (Isla Duala or N'ziwasogo)!Cant think of good terrain to double as Ire or the North as Carraigdubh from A2 has weird issues in A3 (maybe Chernarus?) NEVER MIND-I JUST READ EARLIER POST-YOU ARE USING MODIFIED SMA ALREADY.MY BAD

Edited by ineptaphid
Spelling

Lucie NVGs :)

http://i.imgur.com/Zbccuc5.png

Hey Slatts,Greetings from Dublin!.i am so glad you are continuing this mod-i am in the process of making a couple of scenarios with them as I cant belive there are none on the Steam workshop!they should be ready within a week or two.i was wondering if you had seen the SMA mod version of the Aug?I jst got it last night and they are some incredibly designed weapons.I dont really know but is there a way to incorporate them?Anyway get ready for some hostage rescues in Chad (Isla Duala or N'ziwasogo)!Cant think of good terrain to double as Ire or the North as Carraigdubh from A2 has weird issues in A3 (maybe Chernarus?) NEVER MIND-I JUST READ EARLIER POST-YOU ARE USING MODIFIED SMA ALREADY.MY BAD

Nice to hear there's a few missions being made :) Can't wait to see them.

Dont hold your breath ,they are my first attempts,but I think I can handle hostage/ambush/patrol scripts+triggers.Which do you think would be better-Isla Duala or N'ziwasogo?

Either one sounds good to me! :)

I started working on a RG-32 LATV. I plan on finishing it, and the Mowag III+ together. Using both means greater flexibility for the mod as newer variants can be made, where as the reskins restrict the use. It'll be a while before both are finished. In the meantime I hope to get an update out on March 17th. For the one year anniversary of course, this should include the upgraded FN-FAL, desert textured AUGs. And improvements to the weight values to each weapon to name a few changes.

Here's an early WIP shot of the RG. http://prntscr.com/6eb00k

Looks great, cant wait till we have both the Mowag and the RG 32 in game, eagerly awaiting next release!

Edited by Dyflinn432