Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Campaign Episode 2: ADAPT - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

played some scouting missions, came back equiped with katiba gp, csat helmet and rangefinder, after the rebel camp has been loaded, it spawned me with normal katiba, no helmet and rangefinder. Again some bugs with equipment.

Also, why do same side missions appear, after you have already done them? I have completed drone missions, and stoped AAF convoy, returned back to base, and people at camp, speak about same missions again, and i'm getting objectives to redo them.

bCombat in use during the first mission is some of the most fun I've had with Arma 3 since the alpha release. Took me 2 days to finally complete it, and I've never had more fun dying.

I was going to complain about GORI. Why do I need to walk over to some guy standing by an IFRIT just for him to tell me to go back to Stavro where I was. But I just found out something. And I THINK it needs to be explained SOMEWHERE, that walking over to that guy then walking back to Stavro is not the only option. I had NO IDEA that you could walk up to groups of people and stand around then tasks would start to be assigned that I could go on. What have I missed. I'm at Bingo fuel and I wonder what I missed the other times.

I think you guys, bi, should make it a little more known somehow that these are out there. I don't think i'm the only one that missed them.

How are you supposed to get to these new tasks? They are all very far away yet all vehicles are locked. And why don't the people talking about these side missions come with me?

But one complaint I do have is the REARM the 0:05 before mission. My loadout sucks to start with. I spend half of the time getting rid of what you give me. Second thing is that you should have a RECOMMENDED loadout on the table. I don't know what I will need. And since you made the missions you should know. I mean, the ambush mission would have had me arm differently if I knew I would lead everyone. And the worst is that there is NO SILENCER for rifles in the BINGO FUEL mission. I start the mission to see everyone but me with silencers.

Just pay better attention and care to the weapons you make available to us. It seems badly random. In fact, everytime I restart that part, the weapons change. Especially on the table.

Oh, and can't you give us the diary back? I like to look back at what was said.

And last, for situations like GORI, can't you give us the ability to skip the talking part of the briefing? Everytime I go back to get weapons I didn't know I needed, I have to sit through Stavro again.

Thank you

Edited by Victim9l3

SUGGESTIONS:

• - add more dialogue/monologue (Kerry?) to explain things like side missions, opportunities to discover secrets (if there are any in main missions), etc.
  • - add loadout presets that MAY be recommended for each mission depending on its description and intel collected at starting point. Smoother gameplay, better for all.
  • - quicksave? (F5)
  • - Fast travel - player can do it only if there's no enemies within a radius. Then entering a game of possibilities - a patrol may intercept his way on a completed objective's area / base. Consequently, player must get back into game to fight off a threat.

SIDE MISSIONS:

• - allow Kerry to manage human resources rescued while on scouting across Altis, assemble a team(s) for missions
  • - diplomacy? For instance, convincing Miller or any other important figure that allocating resources for Kerry's suggested course of action is worthy the outcome, etc.

Edited by Polygon

And last, for situations like GORI, can't you give us the ability to skip the talking part of the briefing?

I think hitting the Space Bar will skip the briefing

Beyond Recognition, after defending whateverthetownwascalled the mission proceeds as if I still had a team with me (Kerry talks in plural into the radio) even though my team was effectively combatmoded dead while defending.

Beyond Recognition, after defending whateverthetownwascalled the mission proceeds as if I still had a team with me (Kerry talks in plural into the radio) even though my team was effectively combatmoded dead while defending.

For me it was vice versa. Kerry commented about sustaining some losses and yet I did not lose a guy.

I agree it's confusing. basically you have to get away from camp, then the 'patrol' mission will start, and the optional missions are all kind of sub-missions to the 'patrol' mission (if that makes sense). it seems you have to go solo, and find your own transportation.

Oh. Oh my.

This is wrong, just wrong and broken.

Devs, 80% of people are going to be missing half the campaign's content and not realize the reason why.

All because they acted like rational people and FOLLOWED THEIR ORDERS to join the briefing, as per verbal instructions, written instructions and even the damn waypoint on the screen in front of their faces.

Maturin, can you explain please how do do it then? Not sure if i was right.

1. Shouldnt there be all "side missions" availible on the tactical map, which is not mentioned anywhere as hint?

2. Are those side missions not real side missions, but if you cant them with the other missions you get 15 missions?

3. Do you chose the side missions only by walking on the WP briefing guys and then in the mission area?

I also think this is very missleading and can make people drop the campaign because they missed the half content.

Oh. Oh my.

This is wrong, just wrong and broken.

Devs, 80% of people are going to be missing half the campaign's content and not realize the reason why.

All because they acted like rational people and FOLLOWED THEIR ORDERS to join the briefing, as per verbal instructions, written instructions and even the damn waypoint on the screen in front of their faces.

yep, they're pretty easy to miss. they need to be better explained when you get to the first 'camp' where they're available

Im nearly through the campaign now, looks like 2 missions left if im right. I can say the secound episode was ok for me. I liked the design of the mission mostly, but i have to say i am dissapointed of the rest.

The story is really boring, 0815 storyline, im not pushed hard enough to play more of it. There is no real depth which makes a campaign special, no real drama, which i expect in a wargame.

BIS is still not using any of its own awesome features like cutscenes! which can bring much immersion if done right. Also there is no use of the conversation system, which made you feel like you can really interact with the world.

But now this connects to the last point i got, having conversations with 1 or 2 civilians in a big town without any life is pointless. ALTIS indeed is another masterpiece of virtual maps, thats why it hurts even more to have no civilian module & ambient traffic & ambient animals after such long time. This cant be too hard. The initial code should be there allready from Arma 2, and the system worked pretty good. At the end of the campaign you should have something you want to know about the story, i dont have anything which makes it hard for me to play the last to missions.

Agreed. Cutscens tend to be much more enjoyable and memorable instead of simple FPS-cam-attached walks to a briefing table (always starting from the same spot, sheesh).

While I don't really mind that BIS don't do cutscenes anymore, it seems a bit redundant that they bothered to make three alternative campaign face textures for Kerry when you don't ever see his face. They're a nice thing to have for mission makers, just saying.

Games can be very immersive when it never leaves the first person view. Half Life anyone? I thank BIS for not breaking immersion with stupid cinematic cutscenes.

Games can be very immersive when it never leaves the first person view. Half Life anyone? I thank BIS for not breaking immersion with stupid cinematic cutscenes.

Well, COD does this too... just saying.

I second this.

Well, COD does this too... just saying.

CoD also has guns.

Shitcanning a feature purely because popular franchise x and y do it is silly. A lot of people hate on the new crosshair purely for this reason too.

I need help, when trying to meet Orestas he, and the two fellow AAF soldiers try to shoot me and when i kill them it says friendly fire. Any suggestions?

I need help, when trying to meet Orestas he, and the two fellow AAF soldiers try to shoot me and when i kill them it says friendly fire. Any suggestions?

does it happen every time you play that mission?

does it happen every time you play that mission?
Yeah i restarted arma 3 and restarted the mission and they still shoot

Yeah i restarted arma 3 and restarted the mission and they still shoot

that is strange. I was thinking something must be making them hostile, but 'green' is hostile towards you for most of the game, so maybe they were never made not-hostile towards you (for whatever reason...)

wait a second, this campaign has side missions? wtf bis, why don't you explain this?

wait a second, this campaign has side missions? wtf bis, why don't you explain this?

It would be nice if this was better described in-game. I had no idea how to go on side missions until I was half way through the campaign.

Due to moving PC, my save from Survive was deleted. In order to play the Adapt campaign I used the cheat to unlock it. When I finished the first mission the it took me back to main screen and all the missions were locked again. I unlocked them again and started the second mission with completely different gear. Please unlock the second campaign separately from the first BI. Any way around this?