Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Campaign Episode 2: ADAPT - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

AI always stuck after repairing or healing. Latest dev (heavily moded but that is irrelevant because this happens in vanilla too). more info in video description:

Mb I reported this too late but I hope it will be fixed ASAP because imho its critical bug and can't be left in stable release.

Edited by nsnipe
add more info

Then move it where it supposed to be. Or should I add a ticked to bugtracker or smth? I think it belongs here coz it will affect campaign and noticed that devs reading this thread more often...

Thank you for reporting, this should be fixed in the upcoming dev branch update.

Good.

What about the others problems I noticed, like bad translation or no translation at all?

Then move it where it supposed to be. Or should I add a ticked to bugtracker or smth? I think it belongs here coz it will affect campaign and noticed that devs reading this thread more often...

you cannot simply put an AI related post here just because the devs are watching this more... read the forum rules my friend

Don't know how to put spoilers... anyway, Spoiler about Orestes mission:

In helicopter ambush mission, if the helicopter detects you, he goes away and fly behind surrounding hills and nothing happens. I tried to go for the heli but as soon as i left the mission area marked in red on map, the heli dissapears, so i restarted the mission.

end spoiler

you cannot simply put an AI related post here just because the devs are watching this more... read the forum rules my friend

but it worked: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2602930&viewfull=1#post2602930. If it will bother admins or moderators they will move the post where it belongs or remove it from thread. Anyway I've got what I wanted...

but it worked: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?149636-Development-Branch-Changelog&p=2602930&viewfull=1#post2602930. If it will bother admins or moderators they will move the post where it belongs or remove it from thread. Anyway I've got what I wanted...

This was also posted by someone else a couple of days ago. So not quite sure you are the only reason the problem got fixed.. Sorry, no more /OT

Who is the voice actor for

Larkin?

Sounds familiar...

Edited by Best2nd
Formating

Have you tried playing with bcombat mod enabled? Completely revolutionized SP game experience for me at least and it doesn't break the campaign. :)

Maybe that's what caused it, because that's what I had running. Maybe it was that I had bCombat enabled but CBA_A3 disabled. That could have been it. But with CBA_A3 enabled, I can't resume any missions.

Edited by antoineflemming

ATTENTION!!!

In last mission, when

the blackfoot is hit and goes down, there is only 1 man in the cell: he's on the rear seat - which is the gunner seat.

The other guy should be her too - but he wasn't.

Where is

the pilot whom I'm supposed to talk to?

He's in the ruined building nearby. He's supposed to come out of the ruins after you kill the AAF, but sometimes doesn't. I reported it earlier. Actually the first time I played it, the conversation stopped halfway through and the mission didn't progress at all. Seems there are some trigger problems at that part.

Suggestion: Put a lot of NVGs in the ammo crates at your base. Seriously, if you start the campaign with NVGs, they shouldn't automatically disappear. Plus, it's stupid to be doing a mission in the pitch black of night with no NVGs. As well, stop it with the random day times for missions. Everyone should have the same lighting for missions, so set the time of day with each mission.

Suggestion: Put a lot of NVGs in the ammo crates at your base. Seriously, if you start the campaign with NVGs, they shouldn't automatically disappear. Plus, it's stupid to be doing a mission in the pitch black of night with no NVGs. As well, stop it with the random day times for missions. Everyone should have the same lighting for missions, so set the time of day with each mission.

I don't mind being able to do missions in the day or night. I'd just like to understand the mechanics that control it (I assume it isn't 'random')

the nvg's, persistence of gear, and how it works with the 'patrol' missions, is kind of confusing. basically just know that when you start one of the 'main' missions, it will probably strip your gear. this is annoying because you usually take the stuff you need from the crates at base, but that gear just disappears (even though I return to base with it), and your crates end up empty if you're not making an effort to put new stuff in them. if you want to be safe and save anything, put them in the crates at base before starting a 'main mission'

I don't mind being able to do missions in the day or night. I'd just like to understand the mechanics that control it (I assume it isn't 'random')

the nvg's, persistence of gear, and how it works with the 'patrol' missions, is kind of confusing. basically just know that when you start one of the 'main' missions, it will probably strip your gear. this is annoying because you usually take the stuff you need from the crates at base, but that gear just disappears (even though I return to base with it), and your crates end up empty if you're not making an effort to put new stuff in them. if you want to be safe and save anything, put them in the crates at base before starting a 'main mission'

No, not "random", as in a random number generator type thing, but it's not something that's defined by the mission. Thing is, I've put stuff in the crates before starting a main mission, and it still disappears. It shouldn't be difficult for devs to just put NVGs in the crates. That's not asking a lot at all.

NVG's are rare in the FIA. Everyone want's them. Of course they dissapear if you leave them in a crate and then turn your back on that crate. :)

No, not "random", as in a random number generator type thing, but it's not something that's defined by the mission. Thing is, I've put stuff in the crates before starting a main mission, and it still disappears. It shouldn't be difficult for devs to just put NVGs in the crates. That's not asking a lot at all.

I agree that overall it is confusing, and apparently inconsistent. and trying to understand it takes a little too much 'outside the box' thinking (in other words, I have to think about 'metagaming' things that really have nothing to do with the actual missions)

Maybe that's what caused it, because that's what I had running. Maybe it was that I had bCombat enabled but CBA_A3 disabled. That could have been it. But with CBA_A3 enabled, I can't resume any missions.

Wait a second... You were bashing BIS for the 'broken' AI and you did not mention that you were using mods? Not cool dude... Not cool at all...

Also seriously, who is voicing Larkin (November)?

Just finished ADAPT, the following are my (heavily spoilered) impressions

TL;DR/Non-Spoiler: ADAPT is fucking awesome.

Doing this in order of missions

Mission 1 (Signal Lost)-I thought this mission was a great opener to the episode, loved the part when you walk over the ridge, the melancholy music starts playing, and you see CSAT/AAF bombing the shit out of Kavala. I liked how you had to sneak around, trying to get geared up off of the dead body's before the AAF patrols or the CSAT helicopter party's spotted you. Very fun and epic. (Also, I think I noticed a easter egg. If you ask James where to find supplies, he says that he "thought you americans liked freedom?" I think this is a reference to all the players asking for more freedom once they played SURVIVE, since asking him on where to find the supplies actually narrows down your freedom to play the mission the way you want.)

Mission 2 (Common Enemy)-Even though there wasn't much in this mission gameplay wise (all you did was walk to miller, shoot 3 dudes, and you were done), I loved the tense, guerilla atmosphere of "oh shit, its just like 4 of us in a offroad trying to sneak through two armies"

Mission 3 (Supply Network)-I thought the concept for this was good, again, more guerilla style warfare with the convoy ambush, but unfortunately its very hard to pull off due to a few things. The first is that the vehicles drive so close to each other that its very hard to take out either of the Ifrits without also taking out the truck. Also, if you don't manage to kill all the CSAT in the area in a short amount of time, one of them will hop back into the truck and drive off. Don't know if this was intentional, but its annoying. Also, with the derpy AI pathfinding, it was very hard for me to get my guys in a position where they could not be seen by the convoy in time. Liked the ending, fit in with the title of the episode.

Mission 4 (Exit Strategy)-Another awesome mission, loved the guerilla feel once again. Chose to blow up the chopper (It was easy for me to hide from it, my squad derped out in the beginning and decided to walk around in circles when the ifrit showed up, leaving only me to take on the heli), and that explosion was so satisfying.

Mission 5(Breaking Even)-The best mission in the campaign, and in my opinion one of the best arma campaign missions I've ever played, it was so epic watching the MGs suppress the outpost in the dark while all 3 squads advanced. Then the defending was equally epic, with the dudes on the static guns pumping out lead, and then the retreat was a visual spectacle/very high tense. Also liked the urban combat against the mortars. A mix of all the best ArmA infantry combat has to offer

Mission 6(Bingo Fuel)-Mission idea is cool and solid, but the two things letting it down are that you have a huge squad, and that they are all your average arma AI. If your not stealthy during pretty much any point in this mission, you are screwed (due to the amount of amour that's hanging about everywhere) and even with hold fire and stealth commands on, a squad of 7 AI is just too big and unwieldy to hide. If I had done this mission with 7of my buddies, I think this may have came in just behind Breaking Even.

Mission 7(Within Reach)-Not really much of a mission. I did like the stealth aspect, however, you can easily avoid being detected at all by simply sticking to the northern coastline and pushing around the mountain. Mission would have been a lot better if there was at least a strider or something patrolling around the road circling the mountain.

Mission 8(Attention Deficit)-Not much to say, a remake of a showcase mission (night). Made better though by the fact that you have a small squad. NVG's would be nice though.(TIP: If you come in from the northwest, you can loot the weapons depot for a Nightstalker scope, which you can then use for the rest of the mission, and take it back to base and use it for the rest of the campaign :D)

Mission 9(Beyond Recognition)-Cool mission, as episode-enders tend to be. Best part by far was when the CSAT SF showed up, when they cut the lights and the you-are-not-going-to-survive-this music kicked in, I was practically crapping my pants. Especially after they sniped my last 2 squadmates before I even knew they were there.

On the scouting missions overall, I think that upon leaving the base, you should be given at least 2 squad members and a vehicle. It's pretty ridiculous for one guy on foot to go take out multiple objectives, some of which are guarded by armed vehicles and 8+ infantry. Also the last set of scouting missions take place at night, and I have not found a way to obtain and keep NVG's prior to that last set, very frustrating(Ended up driving my quadbike in pitch-black for something like 10 minutes, then getting blown up by Mora that I had no chance of seeing)

Overall, BI nailed that Guerilla feel in this episode, no vehicle combat (which wasn't needed, in my opinion) and managed to make this episode better than the first. Can't wait for episode 3.

Also, one last tip. I would NOT recommend using the default TRG or the Mk.20 in any of the missions. The 5.56 round is rubbish for killing people. Takes something like 5-8 hits EVERYTIME. Grab a MK18 or a Rahim off of dead CSAT SF for 1-3 hits to kill, or use one of the 6.5mms (mx or katiba) for 2-5 hit kills.

---------- Post added at 01:57 ---------- Previous post was at 01:35 ----------

Offtopic from my review of the episode.

After perusing through this thread, I've noticed that people are reporting different times for different missions. I don't know if this is a intended feature to add randomness, or just a bug. But either way, it can be frustrating when you get the short end of the stick (such as when you are scouting, and have to travel 3km in pitch black darkness with no NVG's.)

Here are the times I had while going through the missions:

Signal Lost-Late afternoon

Common Enemy-Night

Supply Network-Midday

Exit Strategy-Evening

Breaking Even-Very early morning (before sunrise)

Bingo Fuel-Afternoon

Within Reach-IDK but it was freaking foggy

Attention Deficit-Night

Beyond Recognition-Night

I have seen people posing different times than me for Bingo Fuel and Breaking Even

It also seems like the times for all the scouting missions vary, I went out scouting something like 6 times, and lost track of which time was on which.

If it really is this good I cant wait to play it tomorrow! Also, damn nice review buddy.

Probably the same guy as in TOH

In mission Attention Deficit:

Am I supposed to have someone with me after making insertion on Stratis?

Because Kerry radios Miller that "we" have made our insertion at blah blah, and then after jumping out of the boat Kerry talks to someone telling what "we" are going to do while the boat sails away and no-one is there with me (the only ones that were in the boat was Kerry and the driver).

Ok, passed the campaign the second time. I like it very much over all :). Pity though that the side mission you have to do on your own, it would be nice to have two more guys with you, a nice small team.

<spoiler> In bingo fuel : managed to deliver the fuel truck and kill enemy high ranking officer :P, nice job bis with that, nice job </spoiler>

I'm still getting multiple freeze ups. It generally gets worse as the game goes on, until the point where the game becomes unplayable.

I haven't seen this issue before Adapt...

In the mission where you have to search the town for the mortar team, after I took out the mortar, the game started to freeze up, and by the time I got back to the base/compound it was freezing up every 5 seconds to the point where it was unplayable

Wait a second... You were bashing BIS for the 'broken' AI and you did not mention that you were using mods? Not cool dude... Not cool at all...

And, it's still broken AI when not using the mods. The mod I'm using actually makes them better than what they currently are. Please. It's not anything new that BI's AI is pretty broken. If this is news to you, then that's weird.

Yeah, I agree.

I use bCombat to enhance the firefight, otherwise it's dull and not interesting.