Sign in to follow this  
Wiki

Campaign Episode 2: ADAPT - Feedback thread ** SPOILER WARNING! **

Alright, or i am stupid or this is a strange bug.

I'm in this situation now, i completed Survive campaign few minutes ago for the second time and i made a backup of my save game.

http://abload.de/img/arma32014-01-1814-56-3ny3l.png

If I click on Return the game load the first Survive mission and cancel all my save game. If i click on Restart Mission the game load last save game from Critical Point mission, last mission of Survive campaign. So, what the hell?

Italian version of the game, no mod installed.

Edited by The_Train

I have encountered some sort of debug prompt "finalize string" which takes all the input and doesn't ever go away, its not visible on screenshots. Also during the second scouting mission it says intro1 in the editor, this is probably wrong name.

There should be some sort of warning that if you go to the briefing you can't do secondary missions anymore, this sucks.(I'm not sure whether there is one in EP1)

I have noticed tons of AI quirks like using AT against the supply truck, not being able to navigate around rocks, not responding to orders etc. The AI seems too deadly on 0.7 which is normal, they just turn around and fire.

Edited by frostwyrm333

Alright, or i am stupid or this is a strange bug.

I'm in this situation now, i completed Survive campaign few minutes ago for the second time and i made a backup of my save game.

http://abload.de/img/arma32014-01-1814-56-3ny3l.png

If I click on Return the game load the first Survive mission and cancel all my save game. If i click on Restart Mission the game load last save game from Critical Point mission, last mission of Survive campaign. So, what the hell?

Italian version of the game, no mod installed.

I don't see dev branch + version written on the corner, are you on the stable branch? That is a retarded question considering you can't even see it if you're on the normal version but you know...

Okay, I only have one bug to report and it's pretty minor:

In "Within Reach", the FIA driver gave dialogue saying he didn't have enough fuel (because I had given the fuel to Miller to use on taking out the HVT) but a minute later Miller gave dialogue as if I hadn't given him the fuel to take out the HVT, so there were patrols I had to avoid on my way to the boat. That should probably be resolved.

Otherwise: Fantastic campaign, and that twist at the end was bloody neat, and the final couple of battles may be some of my favourite in the campaign so far. Very, very cool.

Can't wait for Win!

I don't see dev branch + version written on the corner, are you on the stable branch? That is a retarded question considering you can't even see it if you're on the normal version but you know...

Yeah, no problem. But yes, i'm really sure that i'm in the dev branch. I also tried to left dev branch and rejoin it, but with no success.

Now I re-download the entire game [i've watched cache first but according to Steam there was no problem]...maybe my PC missing some file for some reason, dunno.

If this work i'll advise.

they like fighting too addictively to retreat!

this. is there some state I can put them in where they'll actually retreat with me? I try telling them to 'disengage', 'hold fire', etc, but they still get left behind

this is also a general frustration with how the AI becomes unresponsive, or at least takes a long time to carry out orders, when they get into 'combat'. you tell them to "get into that vehicle", and they want to run around the world first...

First impressions:

1) User friendly definitively NOT.

How do I activate SIDE MISSIONS? I missed the whole bunch in the first camp because the "tactical map" object didn't work (couldn't select them). Only one I got was the main mission which results in

moving to another camp and missing all the first sidemissions

NOT saving gear enough and randomizing gear is a MAJOR frustration. When I go to armoury first, change my gear to suit, then briefing, BOTH my gear AND armoury gear gets randomised again. NO WAY. Seems like a mistake not learned from the first episode feedback AT ALL. How about NVGs? GPS? Helmets and such? It's an insurgency after all, and anything that gives our side an advantage is worth scavenging. The whole "mission suggested loadout" is a strange decision IMO. As well as losing the gear one had just after a briefing to find some of it in crates is creating disbelief. It's a gamey decision that doesn't work.

2) In first few missions, the AI get randomly stuck in combat mode and don't move a lot of times. Makes

ambushing the convoy pretty hard when they just stand around or fire at will instead of moving

. Might be DEV related.

3) Ambush the convoy mission:

I got extremely frustrated with this one, having to revert like 30 times (with unlimited saves thankfuly). Almost every time I blew up the first vehicle using explosive charges (NOT the more powerful satchel), the Zamak supply truck blew up as well. Finally, I had to blew up the charges like when the first Ifrit was still 100m away from them to disable it and not blew up the Zamak at the same time. WTF? At the end, when the RV point got under attack, with one gunship, one Orca and several MRAPs bearing on our position, all we had to do was run 500m away to hide in a factory 500m away from the previous slaughter, where they couldn't find us? Realism my a**... At least change the next camp position to not be 1000m away from the last ambush point, and make the exfill point just an escape waypoint with text indicating you . WTF again... NO WAY the CSAT is not gonna spot your nice calm camp just 1 click away from where they ambushed you few hours ago...Easy solution would be a change from "get to new camp" to "get to exfill point and then (auto)travel to the next camp 10km away...

All in all, the missions seem fine, but there are MANY WTF moments in the campaign for me... Even slightly more than in the previous episode. Even with all the bad about Chernarus campaign, that one was still much more realistic in the distances covered. although, looking forward to the next missions. I am

still at the start of this episode.

Edited by fraczek

I don't see dev branch + version written on the corner

Just to confirm that the dev branch text does not show on that screen or any other mission select screen.

First impressions:

How do I activate SIDE MISSIONS? I missed the whole bunch in the first camp because the "tactical map" object didn't work (couldn't select them). Only one I got was the main mission which results in

I agree it's confusing. basically you have to get away from camp, then the 'patrol' mission will start, and the optional missions are all kind of sub-missions to the 'patrol' mission (if that makes sense). it seems you have to go solo, and find your own transportation. the devs in this thread have kind of explained how bringing equipment back works, but I wouldn't have figured that out on my own. one thing that's not clear is exactly when you can do them. I tried to wait until daytime for the

Gori(?) Bomos side missions

, but got hit with a warning that the main mission was going to start in 1 minute

Edited by daze23

After Attention Deficit

Attention Deficit briefing stole my NVG's/GPS. During the mission it's not a big deal as Stratis is pretty well lit, but back on Altis it's really really dark and there's no nvg's in the armory. This made (getting to) Illegal Weapons quite a bit harder than it should have been.

Another potentially great episode, marred by suicidal AI with no self-preservation and missions that were clearly only tested on one difficulty. If I have to lower the difficulty to prevent the AI I have no control over from getting mowed down -- leaving me alone for 90% of the mission -- something isn't right.

First impressions:

Wait....there are side missions in the 1st episode?

Edit: Nevermind, I read that wrong.

Edited by Unknown03

Am really enjoying the first few missions in 2nd part of campaign. really liked the feeling of being vulnerable and needing to scavange. a big step up.

on consistent crash i am getting is on breaking even mission. after killing mortar team and falling back to the camp i crash about 5 seconds after arriving back in the camp. i havent been able to get past this point due to the crash and have tried multiple times. error code is:

Distribution: 0

Version 1.11.114344

Fault time: 2014/01/19 14:01:56

Fault address: 00C44DC0 01:00843DC0 C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\arma3.exe

file: B_m01

world: Altis

campaign: A3\Missions_F_EPB\Campaign

battle: Missions

mission: B_m01

Prev. code bytes: 00 85 C0 75 04 33 C9 EB 07 8B 56 28 8D 4C C2 F8

Fault code bytes: 8B 49 04 89 4C 24 0C 85 C0 74 07 8B 56 28 8D 44

Registers:

EAX:00000000 EBX:0208EE54

ECX:00000000 EDX:11AC3940

ESI:54499300 EDI:5F298594

CS:EIP:0023:00C44DC0

SS:ESP:002B:0208EAB4 EBP:00000002

DS:002B ES:002B FS:0053 GS:002B

Flags:00010246

=======================================================

note: Minidump has been generated into the file C:\Users\fam\AppData\Local\Arma 3\arma3_2014-01-19_13-42-37.mdmp

EDIT - i removed all mods and now the mission above completes no problem.

Edited by twisted

Had alot of save/reload moments on Bingo Fuel, due to the Warrior APC's and losing my squad to a Strider GMG. The Warrior (Mora's) were actually responsible for killing my fuel truck after I reclaimed it and began driving to hand it off to CTRG.

Feels like that mission asks a bit too much of you overall in terms of length, etc.

(I'd make this its own thread if it were released, but it isn't and I have to keep details of the second chapter of ArmA III's campaign in here)

I don't know about anyone else, but I really miss the original campaign's concept of a sandbox RPG, where you had to talk to the local population to find out information/initiate missions, multiple endings/consequences and keep a low-profile on the island when you weren't fighting (by either blending in with the population, stealing enemy uniforms or making camp in a forest etc) until a NATO invasion begins and you take part in either failing or succeeding in pushing the invading Iranians off of Lemnos. Sort of like "Whole Lotta Altis" by SaOk, but not just one big mission and with a better narrative. That concept sounded way more fun, challenging, believable and realistic than the current one. I know why they dropped it, but still.

I feel that the path this current campaign is taking us just doesn't encourage the player to think or make tough decisions like ArmA II's did. ArmA II's campaign was buggy as hell, but at least the missions, when I first played them, sometimes made me pause for a while, assess the situation and come to a decision on what I should do (knowing that it could have a consequence in the future). One example includes the decision you have to make on whether or not you should

report the weapons cache when father Fyodors asks you not to; you either go against your orders to report the cache and trust him and the villagers to keep the weapons to defend themselves, or follow your orders and report the weapons, leaving them undefended against the Chedaki.

It just makes the campaign more boring without these decision, for me that is.

ArmA II's campaign also made me fear failure. In that campaign, you could complete the campaign even if you failed, with branching storylines. In this one, I feel like I can't fail at all and everything is just going along one path rather than multiple paths, so I don't think about the consequences of my actions at all. For example,

the Supply mission in Adapt, where you have to steal a supply truck, tries to make an illusion of failing if you accidentally destroy the supply truck. But you realise, if you do it again and steal the truck, that you would have to destroy it later anyway. So, those potential branching paths of the story, if you either brought back supplies to help you/your allies fight later missions or failed to bring supplies back to base, are eliminated and bring you back on that one path. Therefore, I don't fear failure in that mission because it was going to fail anyway.

It's the same thing with a couple of the missions in Survive, like

the recycled mission from the Infantry Showcase.

That fear should be brought back.

Maybe I wouldn't mind this if the campaign had a good story to tell or maybe immersed me into the fictional world it's trying to present, but it's still failing to do that. Compared to the original story details/atmosphere of the campaign (Iran, Greece etc), things just don't feel right. CSAT's logos/symbols look unoriginal/unbelievable, there's no backstory anywhere which explains CSAT's existence or who they really are. It's implied that they're Iran and China, but are they really? We don't know. We never see a sort of tactical world map anywhere which shows their influence. The ones that exist are either created based on the original story concept or unofficial. We don't have readable text either talking about the world's situation. The news intro video skimmed through the basic atmosphere of it; everything is going to shit in the west while the east grows. That's it. It's left to the player to imagine the rest, but that just feels like a cheap way of avoiding the story. I didn't really need explanation on the situation of the world in ArmA II since it was grounded in reality with a few fictional countries (which resembled real ones, though), but here I think BI should put a bit more time into it since it is more of a fictional world. Get me engaged with the world you're trying to portray and the story you're trying to tell and I'll be immersed even more, maybe even feel like there's a need for me to fight for Altis and the importance to retake it.

They can still fix this if they do this in the next chapter of the campaign, when the campaign comes to an end. The reason for the lack of information so far can be explained due to you being cut off from the outside world, but

when you're reunited with NATO (which happens at the end of Adapt), this should change.

Things should be fully explained to the player through dialogue, radio stations, videos and/or text. This could be done through the first mission on the next chapter, through a non-combat mission. The mission is basically to debrief and then rest. During the debriefing, you are talking to officers/interrogators(?), answering their questions regarding your experience and

Miller/CTRG maybe, since they apparently left your arse behind and

lied to you.

After you answer theirs, you should be able to ask them some questions. During the resting period, you can hear random conversations or listen to a radio while witnessing the full-scale operation NATO is about to start on Altis

after they captured the airfield in Adapt.

Jets and helicopters flying around, technicians setting up infrastructure, vehicles parking, tanks rolling around, barriers/defenses being set up etc should be shown to keep it interesting. Once that mission fades out and about to transfer you to another mission, another news video should start, which communicates the message that Kerry is now connected back to the world from which he was cut off from and watching the TV (there was no news video in the beginning of Adapt, but there was at the start of Survive).

Edited by Jinzor

Not sure if this is the right place for these but some scripting errors popped up in Bingo Fuel

Mission spoiler:

a bit after I gave the fuel truck to Miller.

Errors in spoilers:

Error in expression < _s] call bis_fnc_logFormat;

waitUntil{scriptDone _sentenceCodeHandle};

_clea>

Error position: <scriptDone _sentenceCodeHandle};

_clea>

Error Generic error in expression

File A3\functions_f\Conversations\fn_kbTell.sqf, line 331

Suspending not allowed in this context

Error in expression <Radio) then {clearradio;};

time - _time > 0.1

};

setacctime _acctime;

_time = >

Error position: <> 0.1

};

setacctime _acctime;

_time = >

File A3\functions_f\Conversations\fn_kbTell.sqf, line 366

Error in expression < {

if (_clearRadio) then {clearradio;};

sleep 0.01;

(

_from kbwassaid [_toActu>

Error position: <sleep 0.01;

(

_from kbwassaid [_toActu>

File A3\functions_f\Conversations\fn_kbTell.sqf, line 374

Error in expression <ic _topic)

||

!(_to kbhastopic _topic)

||

(time - _time) > 60

};

if ([_topic>

Error position: <||

(time - _time) > 60

};

if ([_topic>

File A3\functions_f\Conversations\fn_kbTell.sqf, line 393

This pops up in all missions if I press 'U' (Team Switch), found out accidentally:

Error in expression < _unit_icon;

};

if ( _selectedUnit != TSW_OldSelectedUnit) then

{

if (isNull(T>

Error position: <TSW_OldSelectedUnit) then

{

if (isNull(T>

Error Undefined variable in expression: tsw_oldselectedunit

File A3\ui_f\scripts\TeamSwitch.sqf, line 152

Yeah, no problem. But yes, i'm really sure that i'm in the dev branch. I also tried to left dev branch and rejoin it, but with no success.

Now I re-download the entire game [i've watched cache first but according to Steam there was no problem]...maybe my PC missing some file for some reason, dunno.

If this work i'll advise.

Well, my documents folder was in "only read", i don't know why TT, mode and this is why i was unable to play Adapt. 12 Hours for a really stupid thing lol

'Beyond Recognition' problems:

Presumably most of the vehicles in Therisa are locked to prevent the player from arriving at the Blackfoot crash site too soon. But the Zamak Ammo truck near the artillery piece was unlocked. This makes it possible to drive to the crash site location, which means if you get there fast enough, you can see that the pilot is already in the ruined building before the chopper has even landed.

Also, there were some issues with the mission progressing to the final cutscene. The first time I played it, I killed the AAF who arrive in the Strider, and the conversation began with the pilot. The pilot remained in the ruins while the conversation was happening (after a few reverts, I see he is supposed to come out of the ruins). But the dialogue ended after the pilot says "wait a second", and nothing happened after that. Had to revert.

Issue with "Within Reach" mission

Sneak to the Beach: Miller tells me "They might not be here if we took the opportunity to cut off their head when we had the chance." This SEEMS to me to be a reference to letting him use the fuel truck to assassinate the enemy commander. But I let him use the fuel truck to do that? Possible bug.

I had the same issue. I chose to give the fuel truck to Miller to assinate the senior officer, but during the "Within Reach" mission the Fia soldier giving me a ride says he has to drop me off early because he is low on fuel due to me not giving them the fuel truck. Miller then proceds to tell me that I have to sneak past all the enemy troops because I didn't give him the fuel truck to assisinate the enemy commander.

From about the second mission my character is called Corporal Kouris instead of Kerry!

Edited by stun

Issue with "Within Reach" mission

I had the same issue. I chose to give the fuel truck to Miller to assinate the senior officer, but during the "Within Reach" mission the Fia soldier giving me a ride says he has to drop me off early because he is low on fuel due to me not giving them the fuel truck. Miller then proceds to tell me that I have to sneak past all the enemy troops because I didn't give him the fuel truck to assisinate the enemy commander.

From about the second mission my character is called Corporal Kouris instead of Kerry!

I also had the Within Reach issue

Am really enjoying the first few missions in 2nd part of campaign. really liked the feeling of being vulnerable and needing to scavange. a big step up.

on consistent crash i am getting is on breaking even mission. after killing mortar team and falling back to the camp i crash about 5 seconds after arriving back in the camp. i havent been able to get past this point due to the crash and have tried multiple times.

Same crash here. Currently running with '@CBA_A3;@ASR_AI3;@Baked_AIS;@TPW_MODS;@WW_AICover;@WW_AIMenu;@VTS_Weaponresting;@Blastcore-A3;@JSRS2.0'. Will try without mods and see if that fixes it.

So far I enjoy the second episode, but I found issue in second scouting mission. There is side mission with sniper in factory complex and I was there like for 30 minutes and I search everywhere and only thing I found was mines, sniper nowhere.

Another thing to be reported BIS:

in reco missions, when I assing one mission (for example, clean up the enemy checkpoint), there is no WP on my HUD.

I have to use the shift+click on the map to have a WP.

I think an objective marker on your HUD is needed when you assign a mission.

And yet another thing:

when you seel all the things you have to do in reco missions... all alone...

It would be best to make the player decide whether he wants to go lonewolf or not.

Still, going lonewolf it's not realistic....

AFAIC, I prefer go lonewolfe due to bad (shitty?) AI behaviour, but maybe some people would have a team to lead?

Kerry's 'Seen some s... man!' face resets to default 'Survive' face after loading a save.

Bad AI driving skills are really noticeable in 'Supply Network' and 'Bingo Fuel'. This is frustrating for later as you can't drive 2 vehicles at the same time (AI has to drive the other one).

AI that are playing idle animation's switch to default animation upon death. Really noticeable if you kill them while they're prone.

Stavrou is misaligned when giving a brief for 'Within Reach'. He's resting on thin air instead of the desk.

FIA are stealing way too much equipment between reporting in and actual briefing.

How many Levels comes within the Adapt Campaign addon? Cause i think i recieved a bug, cant finish mission "Bingo Fuel" i think that was the Missionname