soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Hi again guyz. Thought id'e post another little surprise ;) BTR-80 and BTR-80A interiors.

Interior Models by Manfred and Petr005, textures by Manfred and vasmkd.

BTR-80

dkNjvi9.jpg

4RFMjHP.jpg

BTR-80A

33HXYOa.jpg

NpTxWQk.jpg

Edited by vasmkd

It's so beautiful I wouldn't want to get out :D

Quite early but heck: Dear RHS Santa,thank you for the awesome BTR-80 and Tigr,two vehicles I missed in A2,but now we'll have them for A3.

Not like I'm not looking forward towards the rest of RHS goodies,but these two are my favourites.

That's the case in all aspects of the game; the weapons are higher resolution than the characters which are higher resolution than the vehicles which are higher resolution than the buildings which are higher resolution than the terrain. And for good reason, until we have infinite processing power.

Can't wait to see what you've been cooking up RHS team.

I understand that. The interior is amazing, it's just the camo on the walls that is kinda weird.

I understand that. The interior is amazing, it's just the camo on the walls that is kinda weird.

Russian designers are tacky.

I think in real life they used old camo clothes, so even in real life there's a difference between the walls and the uniforms at close distance. But its probably meant to mask the interiors at long distance.

http://milindcom.ru/data/Image/03(16).jpg (500 kB)

Edited by MistyRonin

Anyone else spot the drone kit in the back of that Tigr ?

At first I thought it was maybe some rich dudes, guitar case lol

Is it just me or do the M4s sound like MXs? If so, is that just a place holder or...?

Yeah they have the MX sound, really hoping that is a place holder because that will kill the immersion.

Yeah they have the MX sound, really hoping that is a place holder because that will kill the immersion.

Yea it is placeholder until we can find a suitably cool sound. :)

Awesome, that's perfect.

If you haven't already, might have a look at ACE or JSRS from A2, they both had really nice sounds, and I'm sure both authors would be willing to work something out with you guys.

RobertHammer has some of the best sounds for hte M4 that I've heard that and Toadie with his HLC AR-15. They are both pretty damn good.

Obviously by now its too late to get a new sound, but hopefully you guys can get a non vanilla sound in the post manw release.

Also as marcus said, lordjarhead is probably a good guy to contact :)

Aww shucks, everything else about the m4's looks great. Hopefully a nice sound is found or made before or not to long after initial release :).

Will the helicopters be "Advanced Flight Model" and "Sling Loading" compatible? Also, will there be "Firing From Vehicles"? Thanks :D

Will the helicopters be "Advanced Flight Model" and "Sling Loading" compatible? Also, will there be "Firing From Vehicles"? Thanks :D

From the Facebook page:

Sadly, it's not going to be in first release as BIS today confirmed that heli dlc is going to be released in November.

Sadly, it's not going to be in first release as BIS today confirmed that heli dlc is going to be released in November.

I'm a little surprised they're not waiting until November to release the mod, although there won't be any advance flight model the initial release is welcomed early. Was a date announced/estimated for the release?

I'm a little surprised they're not waiting until November to release the mod, although there won't be any advance flight model the initial release is welcomed early. Was a date announced/estimated for the release?

It's part of the make arma not war contest so the 28th seems pretty likely

If things still stand as they were (they are taking part in MANW), then within the next 36 hours.

Indeed, RHS takes part in MANW.

If you would like to know more about the mod entry in the contest or to support the mod, click in this link.

You can also check the RHS Facebook page for info and screens.

And:

Submission of Entries will be closed on 28th October 2014 at 12am (GMT+1).
Edited by MistyRonin

I really would like to see this mod win MANW, I think it deserves to be DLC for the vanilla game.

It's a damn shame there's no interiors for the tanks, but the FCS (And everything :P) for the T-80 is still pretty sweet. Is there any effort or thought going towards an active protection system? I think I saw a script or something for that a while ago.

EDIT: Crap. This guy was a genius but his work was never finished. Sorta like Tesla.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?161726-Armor-Improvement-System-(AIS)/page24

For me different optics than default is good enough. Are you guys using the same tank optics as the vanilla ones?