soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

New teaser trailer.

That's mighty impressive.

A little bug I noticed: some decals on the vehicles don't receive shadows/glow (like at 0:25)

God dang son those grapfiks were like off the charts, gg RHS team..

Vot eta da :cool:

Now... I wonder if anyone is filming any type of footage of a specific type, that may or may not be about the military forces of a certain large country, which possibly may or may not be situated in the North American Continent :rolleyes:

After the 60th repetition of the video, I noticed that the rocket pods in the Su25 and in the Hind don't show the empty spaces, unlike the A3 vanilla ones.

Are the ones of the video placeholders or are the definitive ones?

MistyRonin, The hind and the Su25 both have the rockets sitting at a receded position in the launch tubes. Like below:

mi-24v2.jpg

The hind you never have an angle in the video where you could see down the tube only the outside of it.

The Su25 sometimes has the rockets sticking out a tiny bit but I think their model does not have them sticking out that little bit.

:)

Do you plan to create reload animations for weapons after you finis all your priority goals? From trailer I can gues that your RPG use standard A3 reload animation, and it doesn`t fit for RPG. BTW great trailer, we could see a lot stuff from mod.

MistyRonin, The hind and the Su25 both have the rockets sitting at a receded position in the launch tubes.

I probably didn't explain myself properly. I meant that in the A3 Vanilla rocket pods, once a rocket is shoot the tube it's empty ( so you can see through ).

For what I saw in the video, the RHS ones seem to keep the A2 setting. :)

I probably didn't explain myself properly. I meant that in the A3 Vanilla rocket pods, once a rocket is shoot the tube it's empty ( so you can see through ).

For what I saw in the video, the RHS ones seem to keep the A2 setting. :)

Yea but on Russian rocket pods like the UB-32 it isnt that visible as on West ones > http://tehno-foto.narod.ru/Obnovleniya/vooruzh/UB-32-57_Taganrog_07.07.2010-127.jpg

but the B8-V20A rocket pod is more like the west one

so i dont know if its worth to do this feature just for a eye candy :p

Edited by RobertHammer

So i dont know if its worth to do this feature just for a eye candy :p

Well, it may be me, but that kind of eye candy make me immerse a lot more in the mission. It's something I notice a lot using A3 vanilla stuff.

But yeah, I understand that is not a top feature in-game, but then again, RHS is also know for that kind of realism eye candy: animation of the empty cases in BMPs, or the turning around of the turret manually in the BTRs, etc. :)

It's still very early alpha, so they could work on it in the coming months.

It's still very early alpha, so they could work on it in the coming months.

Of course, that's why I asked :):

Are the ones of the video placeholders or are the definitive ones?

Those rocket pods will stay this way as it's already configured for different loadouts (still it's missing sort of service menu for that). Only exception are Ataka missile tubes (which may be seen on video) because number of those rockets is limited - creating 120 rocket proxies (mi8amtsh) could make serious impact on performance (and don't forget about S5 rockets pods - 196 rockets in most extreme 6 pod variant). Ah, and there is bone limit - 250 bones or so.

Those rocket pods will stay this way as it's already configured for different loadouts (still it's missing sort of service menu for that). Only exception are Ataka missile tubes (which may be seen on video) because number of those rockets is limited - creating 120 rocket proxies (mi8amtsh) could make serious impact on performance (and don't forget about S5 rockets pods - 196 rockets in most extreme 6 pod variant). Ah, and there is bone limit - 250 bones or so.

Thank you so much for the answer :)

Sorry if it's been answered, but will there be Spetsnaz? If so what units will be represented?

I would like to know that aswell, will spetnaz make it into first release or is it maybe something for in the future? :)

I assume they won't, otherwise we'd have seen them in the trailer ;)

They said they would do MVD I believe , not sure about spetsnaz.

Just watched the trailer for this piece of art.All i can say is WOW!

Checking these forums every day for news of a release.Thanks for all the time and effort put into this addon guys.

Do you plan to create reload animations for weapons after you finis all your priority goals? From trailer I can gues that your RPG use standard A3 reload animation, and it doesn`t fit for RPG. BTW great trailer, we could see a lot stuff from mod.

Interested to know this as well. One of the things I really like about Project Reality is the reload animations, so good.

I finally got my BIStudio account unscrewed so I could do some voting. So add a +1 to RHS.

Interested to know this as well. One of the things I really like about Project Reality is the reload animations, so good.

Too bad HopeJohnson is gone... he was really good with reloading animations.

p37 , prv-13 radars with supports. Models by Fugas, Textures vasmkd.

4IZuvAr.jpg

lDATyzh.jpg

jF3I07B.jpg

YQEVozk.jpg

ccpOpYR.jpg

kcRFIwD.jpg

Edited by vasmkd

Outstanding work!

That's definitely a bunch of really good assets for mission makers like me :)

Is the US side gonna have some nice static goodies?

BTW I read in the FB page that the team is working in the Kamaz truck family, are you also gonna include the 4 x 4 version, KAMAZ-43501, that is replacing the Gaz66 in the VDV.

http://oplatsen.files.wordpress.com/2010/08/kamaz43501_11.jpg (143 kB)

Edited by MistyRonin