soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Simply put, there is so much equipment that is in use by both US and RUS that there is work to be done for a looong time if we'd want to put all of it in the game. Besides, afaik, CDF and CDKDZ are not really part of the current armaverse. On the other hand, some of those vehicles are russians, so you never know ;)

Its a hugh task to satisfy everyone ;) But beside US and RUS, it would be cool to have a 3rd faction (or better a 4rd beside creek) to fight against. Its crap that every east region will be made Opfor, there are enough little countrys with old T55/T72 that can/could/will make problems. RUSvsUS could be balanced but players need some variety.

You can use Aggresors - also creators of Aggresors said, thet they have enough of arma (mayby they will change their mind) and after final relese they will post source files so everyone will be albe to use it - propably after this someone will create custom config that made Aggresors use RHS weapons and some vehicles also Reyhard have his mods with tanks and static weapons so again someone may create mod with nice rebel forces by using Aggresors, RHS and Reyhards tank etc.

Przemro, You dont need source files to create custom configs. Anyway I bet they will relase something like that really quick.

You don't even need a custom config as you can change the side of units in the mission editor or by editing the mission.sqm.

You don't even need a custom config as you can change the side of units in the mission editor or by editing the mission.sqm.

You don't even need that. To switch a unit or group to a different side, in the editor, make a unit of that side (like, create a CSAT solider and make it Colonel), set it as the group/unit leader, and set its probability to 0 percent. You won't see him in the mission, but his subordinates are now on his side.

someone will create custom config that made Aggresors use RHS weapons and some vehicles also Reyhard have his mods with tanks and static weapons

Maybe someone already did:

@MikeTim & MistyRonin - I'm using AiA TP, RDS addons & Aggressors units with custom config (using rhs compatibile weapons, rpg18 added, zeus & indep added, done in fashion just like previous rds comp configs) so if we are not going to cope with creating some Indfor forces for 1st release then you wouldn't be left without nothing

You don't even need that. To switch a unit or group to a different side, in the editor, make a unit of that side (like, create a CSAT solider and make it Colonel), set it as the group/unit leader, and set its probability to 0 percent. You won't see him in the mission, but his subordinates are now on his side.

Yes as I said, "in the mission editor or by editing the mission.sqm" ;)

Its a hugh task to satisfy everyone ;)

It's not a huge task, it's actually an impossible one, that shouldn't even be taken under consideration by any modding group, in it's pure sense (the emphasis in your statement is "everyone")

But beside US and RUS, it would be cool to have a 3rd faction (or better a 4rd beside creek) to fight against. Its crap that every east region will be made Opfor, there are enough little countrys with old T55/T72 that can/could/will make problems. RUSvsUS could be balanced but players need some variety.

It is always a matter of priorities, as well as scope.

Besides since any decent mission maker can use whichever asset to whatever side he wants, i really don't see why you would need a 3rd side. I am guessing you would want such side for a generic "bad guys" role, but that can easily be achieved even with vanilla content.

Can you please be more specific about what you mean by "players (as in you) need some variety"?

Yes as I said, "in the mission editor or by editing the mission.sqm" ;)

Misread that part XD

Can you please be more specific about what you mean by "players (as in you) need some variety"?

Its not about what skin you have as the enemy or how many different enemy types you have. I mean for the story part, there is no black and white . you cant fight always between 2 big nations (bluefor/opfor). sometimes 1 nation keep it clam and just sit and wait and the other faction have their own problems in their own territoy or between the 2 territories. Against a big warloard that got support and now turn against both nations, terror or religon reason or whatever what the poor devils brings up against a big nation. With vanilla ok but their generic content is nothing against your realistic and believable stuff. No LockOn autoaim AT weapons, more of antiquate weapons, longer firefights.

zoMm5xh.jpg

Introducing a new game mode based specifically on RHS, in Chernarus, Zeus v Zeus TvT 30v30 sector control. Have a read tell me what you think, and give me a supporting like if you like what you read! (Link)

BI Forum post

But most of all support

RHS!

Edited by tmortensen

Its not about what skin you have as the enemy or how many different enemy types you have. I mean for the story part, there is no black and white . you cant fight always between 2 big nations (bluefor/opfor). sometimes 1 nation keep it clam and just sit and wait and the other faction have their own problems in their own territoy or between the 2 territories. Against a big warloard that got support and now turn against both nations, terror or religon reason or whatever what the poor devils brings up against a big nation. With vanilla ok but their generic content is nothing against your realistic and believable stuff. No LockOn autoaim AT weapons, more of antiquate weapons, longer firefights.

The story part and how sides will react to each other are fully in the hands of the mission makers.

As a huge fan of Russian Equipment this looks amazing, the work that has been submitted is extremely high end. Anyone know of when its released ?

As a huge fan of Russian Equipment this looks amazing, the work that has been submitted is extremely high end. Anyone know of when its released ?

End of October.

Before the 28th of october.

Yeah.. hopefully not too soon, I want to learn to properly use sony vegas so i can make one of those "Illuminati confirmed" videos about the RHS release, with the zoom in and sad violin music. :cool:

Yeah.. hopefully not too soon, I want to learn to properly use sony vegas so i can make one of those "Illuminati confirmed" videos about the RHS release, with the zoom in and sad violin music. :cool:

Well, for one side it's a big mod with dozens of vehicles and stuff for the other it's a contest entry, so they have to make sure that the final entry will be as perfect as possible, polished and bug free.

The only way to achive that is to do public testing with massive amounts of people trying and screwing with everything ( besides that it's also a good PR operation that will increase their supports ).

Having seen that BI tests features and content for months ( for instance they tested the A3 content for half a year previous to the release ), I guess that is not far fetched to think they will deliver some kind of test version relatively soon.

If I'm not wrong the initial plan was to already had released a first test version, but things got delayed.

Is the U.S. faction going to be released as well with the Russians or will the U.S. be an entire separate pack?

Is the U.S. faction going to be released as well with the Russians or will the U.S. be an entire separate pack?

They have merged the US and the Russians into one mod to make RHS: Escalation which is what has been entered into MANW, as far as I know there will definitely be a US faction in initial release, if it is as fleshed out as the Russian faction initially remains to be seen.

On the subject of when it will be released, when they were asked if they would be making a US teaser like the Russian one released they said that there would not be enough time before release to get one made, too me that says early October not late but that's still just guessing :)

They have merged the US and the Russians into one mod to make RHS: Escalation which is what has been entered into MANW, as far as I know there will definitely be a US faction in initial release, if it is as fleshed out as the Russian faction initially remains to be seen.

On the subject of when it will be released, when they were asked if they would be making a US teaser like the Russian one released they said that there would not be enough time before release to get one made, too me that says early October not late but that's still just guessing :)

The first part of the US side will be released at the same time as AFRF in October. It will not be as expansive as the Russian side at first but it will still have quite a few toys to play with.

having a little bit fun with latest devbranch :) it was a little bit tricky to figure out memorypoint name for slingload as there are serious lacks in documentation but here we go. To avoid further question, I'm not sure how though how hard it be to make FFV poses though

sling_s.jpg

having a little bit fun with latest devbranch :) it was a little bit tricky to figure out memorypoint name for slingload as there are serious lacks in documentation but here we go. To avoid further question, I'm not sure how though how hard it be to make FFV poses though

http://reyhard.armacenter.pl/arma3/sling_s.jpg

All my ArmA dreams in one picture.

The first part of the US side will be released at the same time as AFRF in October. It will not be as expansive as the Russian side at first but it will still have quite a few toys to play with.

I noticed on the Red Hammer Studio's facebook you wound up merging your paladin with the U.S faction Soul, I haven't seen you guys post too many pictures of It, how exactly Is It going to function? I remember In arma 2 you had that thing all decked out with total realism, loading, operating etc etc, Will the ai be able to use It this go around? If I remember correctly It didn't support ai use back then, I loved the mod however, I hope we can maybe see some more pictures of It sometime, I'm glad to see It made It over to A3 a long with all the Russian equipment.

I noticed on the Red Hammer Studio's facebook you wound up merging your paladin with the U.S faction Soul, I haven't seen you guys post too many pictures of It, how exactly Is It going to function? I remember In arma 2 you had that thing all decked out with total realism, loading, operating etc etc, Will the ai be able to use It this go around? If I remember correctly It didn't support ai use back then, I loved the mod however, I hope we can maybe see some more pictures of It sometime, I'm glad to see It made It over to A3 a long with all the Russian equipment.

The complex system that was part of the standalone addon of Arma 2 will not be part of this mod exactly because of the inability of AI to use it. For now for all (russian and us) artillery and rocket artillery you will have the standard Artillery Calculator to ensure good playbility for all + ability to use direct fire. This might be expanded in the future by more complex systems.