soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Why the ODON emblem? I thought this addon depicts Armed Forces.

First of all in these screens the ODON symbol is just a placeholder as the decaling is dynamic. Secondly we also include MVD as part of the mod as no one loses anything by having them. Anyone making a Chechnya scenario certainly wouldn't complain.

First of all in these screens the ODON symbol is just a placeholder as the decaling is dynamic. Secondly we also include MVD as part of the mod as no one loses anything by having them. Anyone making a Chechnya scenario certainly wouldn't complain.

IMO it's a good move, as they are quite vital in a lot of the Russian modern conflicts ( Dagestan, etc. )

Some more optic textures as promised. Here is Pufu's 1p29 with some new textures iv'e created for it

5a5Ixyk.jpg

h3gHJRw.jpg

Yet again nice work. :cool:

Any chance we could see what any of the sights on the scopes look like, I dont think we have seen any weapon optics besides tank gunner optics.

Guys i have the biggest request of all time , since i started to play ofp back in 2002...can you please include the snow in this amazing best made ever mod of arma serie of all time??snow effect would be so great for winter gaming season!!

Guys i have the biggest request of all time , since i started to play ofp back in 2002...can you please include the snow in this amazing best made ever mod of arma serie of all time??snow effect would be so great for winter gaming season!!

This isn't that kind of mod...

I know it's not but it would be amazing if snow could be implemented as well in this mod.

They probably have enough on their plate, unrelated features like snow, which isnt the job of the mod anyway, would be extra work and I am sure they would rather focus themselves on things relevant to their mod (ie: US and russian forces mod)

ON TOPIC: When can we see a proper infantry showcase for both the Russian and US forces? I would love to see the new custom vest made, especially for the US Army soldiers (will it feature a custom made IOTV?)

ON TOPIC: When can we see a proper infantry showcase for both the Russian and US forces? I would love to see the new custom vest made, especially for the US Army soldiers (will it feature a custom made IOTV?)

That's not yet, but if you wanna see awesome AH64 and MH60, check their Facebook!

BTW what can I say about the Vas excellence on textures, that I haven't said yet?

BTW what can I say about the Vas excellence on textures, that I haven't said yet?

Is it wrong to want to lock vasmkd, topas and sabre in a room and tell them they can leave when they're done texturing all the things?

Woah that looks fucking excelent.

Oh my god that Mh-60, so much post processes that I cant judge the textures, but damn son those reflector things and that tail rotor color, yes !!!! :cool:

Hey dev team, I saw the MH-60 photo (Which looks like the best damn blackhawk in all of gaming), and I was wondering if you guys were going to include custom animations for the door guns like you did with the btr-60.

Ever since ArmA 2, the fact that helicopter door gunners apparently control their weapons with their sheer force of will and magic telepathic skills has really irked me, and it would be awesome if you guys would include the appropriate animations that BI has neglected for the past few years.

Although if you don't decide to include it that is still perfectly fine, because we all already know this is going to be the greatest addon in all of ArmA :yay::yay::yay:

Well they are doing Inverse Kinematic anims inside armor, so I assume they are probably capable of it.

Technically speaking that Blackhawk is not MH-60 but it is UH-60M. ;)

I stand corrected :)

BTW would be nice to know if the UH-60M cockpit has been refurbished ( texture and possibly model? ), as the A2 one was a bit weak.

Is it wrong to want to lock vasmkd, topas and sabre in a room and tell them they can leave when they're done texturing all the things?

I'm already locked up in some RHS room we cannot leave ;) :p

Yet again nice work. :cool:

Any chance we could see what any of the sights on the scopes look like, I dont think we have seen any weapon optics besides tank gunner optics.

Yes, i'll get around to it later but I'm in lock down at the moment ;)

Edited by vasmkd

Very nice bunch of pictures and videos so far.

Are you going to add some US sf unit in the future or it will be only regular troops?

No it isn't, it's closer to an HH-60G than anything... Also, nobody uses the EIBF ("Engine Inlet Barrier Filter") anymore... Do the Stabilator & landing gear actually move, unlike the original from OA?

Also, the little square under the crewchief window is NOT a step... You're in for a... shock... if you try to step there. Sorry bad pun. But seriously, its the external power receptacle... on the other side. No such square on the left. The Mike model doesn't have that ugly long antenna running down the side of the tail either. The EOMS (Electro-Optical Missile Sensor) are located on the tip of the nose, the dragbeam support fairings (The little wings below the cockpit door) are too short and not the right shape. There's no ESSS, Even alpha models have that... There's an antenna in front of the rotor head. I need to see the right side to see if they (RHS) fixed the almost but not quite refuel probe that they (BIS) half way installed but never got around to actually doing. BIS really screwed the blades up too, main and tail.

Also that crewchief would be fired for allowing the cabin door to be unsecured.

The joys work strips from you...

I cant stop to ask but i fear the answer: Do you plan compatibility with AGM? I know, ACE wasnt that good supported from other big mods but it would be awesome for Arma3. ATM its not much to look for, just a few settings (e.g. disable AGM FCS).

Another thing: Will be there some sort of realistic gun stability system implemented? i mean, make it harder for older tanks? So older tanks cant fire (perfect) while driving? Think even the 1990 aera dont have perfectly balanced gun and chassis, very different sort of NVG (while raining it must have been useless) and thermal view (on day its (was) not that good).

Will be there some sort of realistic gun stability system implemented?

The option to have a stabilised turret (or not) has long been configurable in the series - I'd be confident that RHS will make older weapon systems (e.g. BTR turrets) non-stabilised as per reality.

No it isn't, it's closer to an HH-60G than anything... Also, nobody uses the EIBF ("Engine Inlet Barrier Filter") anymore... Do the Stabilator & landing gear actually move, unlike the original from OA?

Also, the little square under the crewchief window is NOT a step... You're in for a... shock... if you try to step there. Sorry bad pun. But seriously, its the external power receptacle... on the other side. No such square on the left. The Mike model doesn't have that ugly long antenna running down the side of the tail either. The EOMS (Electro-Optical Missile Sensor) are located on the tip of the nose, the dragbeam support fairings (The little wings below the cockpit door) are too short and not the right shape. There's no ESSS, Even alpha models have that... There's an antenna in front of the rotor head. I need to see the right side to see if they (RHS) fixed the almost but not quite refuel probe that they (BIS) half way installed but never got around to actually doing. BIS really screwed the blades up too, main and tail.

Also that crewchief would be fired for allowing the cabin door to be unsecured.

The joys work strips from you...

That might be because its "UH-60M" model from A2 OA , which BIS updated from their A2 Navy MH-60S

so i think RHS BH is a placeholder for much better and realistic model since A2 one is inaccurate almost like BIS's abrams model

Edited by RobertHammer

I cant stop to ask but i fear the answer: Do you plan compatibility with AGM? I know, ACE wasnt that good supported from other big mods but it would be awesome for Arma3. ATM its not much to look for, just a few settings (e.g. disable AGM FCS).

Another thing: Will be there some sort of realistic gun stability system implemented? i mean, make it harder for older tanks? So older tanks cant fire (perfect) while driving? Think even the 1990 aera dont have perfectly balanced gun and chassis, very different sort of NVG (while raining it must have been useless) and thermal view (on day its (was) not that good).

Different types of gun stabilization (it's not perfectly realistic as there is no way to turn off/on gun stabilization during game - there is serious difference between stabilized & non stabilized turret traverse speed) & AGM FCS off is done. Yet, dunno how much it will be compatible with AGM as some features may overlap (i.e. spare wheel script) but I'm always keeping that in mind. I.e. there is support for CBA but it's not required.

About NVG - yeah, I tried to make old soviet passive nvg look outdated by adding serious grain PP & adjusting general brightens of night picture so there should be difference between old & newer designs. Pity we can't make IR lamps (there is option for IR only light but it's working with NVGMarkers class and it's non directional light...). Maybe it could be good idea to make ticket for it but I'm little bit lazy :P