soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Fucking-straight-A-tastic.

Yeah, we still discuss with Reyhard possible options to make this better.

Another thing: I could hardly see any tracers when the main guns fired in the vid, is this caused because of the poor video quality?

There are tracers, just video quality is as allways, not the best even in HD resolution.

Edited by Damian90

Fucking-straight-A-tastic.

Another thing: I could hardly see any tracers when the main guns fired in the vid, is this caused because of the poor video quality?

EDIT:

Can we expect the same level of professional FCS for the US side?

basic one for M1A1 AIM is there but I also started to make proper one for A2 SEP with plenty of digital stuff on screen. :)

@MikeTim - it's mostly because I didn't figure out which compresion method is best for YT. previously I was uploading raw avi but it a lot of time to process it by YT (not mentioning uploading time of ~30gb :P)

@Archbishop Lazarus - So that fire selector is mostly looking like this one? http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6404/94845085.af/0_87462_17f809f5_XL.jpg damn, saw that photo but I wasn't sure about that.

concerning 1v517 - pity there is no explanation for all those lits above main panel (numbers 5 to 12) and it's quite low res so unless I will decide to make 3d model I will stay with 1v528 :(

btw: nice source of inspiration

http://twower.livejournal.com/835392.html

Reyhard, I think we need to discuss the M1's FCS issue in private, there is some differences between the old FCS used in M1, M1IP, M1A1, M1A1HA/HC and M1A1AIM, and the new FCS used in M1A1SA/FEP and M1A2SEP.

Very, very nice stuff. I haven't seen tank systems this realistic since NonWonderDog's M1A1 and T72 FCS mod from Arma1.

The lead being added looks particularly impressive.

Being a Steel Beasts player I'm looking forward to trying this in arma a lot. (SB also has both M1 FCS/GPSes)

@Archbishop Lazarus - So that fire selector is mostly looking like this one? http://img-fotki.yandex.ru/get/6404/94845085.af/0_87462_17f809f5_XL.jpg damn, saw that photo but I wasn't sure about that.

concerning 1v517 - pity there is no explanation for all those lits above main panel (numbers 5 to 12) and it's quite low res so unless I will decide to make 3d model I will stay with 1v528 :(

Yes, ammo selector looks exactly like that

1V517 is really similar to BV-55 and BV-62 too:

http://www.kotsch88.de/Feuerleit/t-55am/BV-55_01.jpg

The things (5-12) on the panel above are not important, just sockets for measuring equipment (maintenance)

I have given the 1PN-93 some newly made textures. Some more optics will be getting this treatment the next few days or week depending on my freetime.

9vO1sSR.jpg

Model by Soul Assassin, textures vasmkd ;)

Reyhard, I think we need to discuss the M1's FCS issue in private, there is some differences between the old FCS used in M1, M1IP, M1A1, M1A1HA/HC and M1A1AIM, and the new FCS used in M1A1SA/FEP and M1A2SEP.

I'm really looking forward to this.

On the subject, and forgive me my ignorance: is the T-90 series so underrated not worth creating? I mean T-80 models look superb as do the Abrams' but still...

I'm really looking forward to this.

On the subject, and forgive me my ignorance: is the T-90 series so underrated not worth creating? I mean T-80 models look superb as do the Abrams' but still...

AFAIK T-90's are not ready yet, but I am not a member of RHS team (just a helpfull soul ;)), and can't say much about it, however I believe that T-90's are lurking somewhere in the shadows behind the scenes and I assume they probably be ready for next releases.

Ok vasmkd was faster. :)

But by the way King Homer, you will be able to play the T-72B series. ;)

Edited by Damian90

Vas, if it's not too much to ask, what software do you use? I'm guessing photoshop, but do you work with any additional programs?

Vas, if it's not too much to ask, what software do you use? I'm guessing photoshop, but do you work with any additional programs?

As far as texturing the diffuse goes Photoshop almost exclusively as I can create better textures with my mind and photo layers. I also brush a lot of grime etc free hand.

To be honest I use brushes a lot. I was always great at drawing and painting I guess so it comes naturally for me to do so.

I have given the 1PN-93 some newly made textures. Some more optics will be getting this treatment the next few days or week depending on my freetime.

I don't know much about modeling, so I can't say much more that the model looks awesome.

But the textures I can say that Vas is really one of the best "texture-makers" I've seen. My most sincere admiration :)

Thanks mate :) I guess i just enjoy making them and it's just one of those hobbies I loved doing and discovered from playing ARMA 2. Self taught in everying from texturing to modelling ;)

The RHS team is really great to work with and a lot of my inspiration comes from being part of a great team.

I promise a lot more weapon models after 1st release too. For 1st release I really wanted all the AFRF textures to look good so modelling is a little on hold but not for long ;)

Edited by vasmkd

Really nice job on that scope, on the topic of scopes, is RHS going to use asdg or because its manw it cant be reliant on any mods like that?

Really nice job on that scope, on the topic of scopes, is RHS going to use asdg or because its manw it cant be reliant on any mods like that?

For a mod to support another mod (on config level) it doesn't have to depend on it. May depend on context tho

Surprise time again :) The RHS gaz-66 now has 3 more variants. These are the radio, ap2 medic and repair kungs.

Kung cabin models by Fugas and Pufu, textures by me ;)

1oYkBNa.jpg

Radio

bGa5NxH.jpg

Radio

h8yjI3X.jpg

medic AP2

tQ5WQ8c.jpg

Repair

Edited by vasmkd

Nice work looks really quality like always,

i assume the one with box trailer thing (like the medical part and repair part etc) those are not interiors right, same as how arma 2 did it?

Do you take any photos of wear and tear and overlay it, or is it all hand painted?

I love the rust around the welds. :D

Vas if you ever have time and will you should write a tutorial. You don't create textures, you create pieces of art!

BTW love that trucks! They may seem secondary, but for those of us who have worked in them ( in my case radio ), we know how vital they are.

Edited by MistyRonin

Just thought of this, it would be cool to have ACRE support for radio trucks, like let it transmit thru the truck at a long distance or something, I guess that is how they work.

Just thought of this, it would be cool to have ACRE support for radio trucks, like let it transmit thru the truck at a long distance or something, I guess that is how they work.

ACRE has rack radios and so will ACRE 2. So every vehicle with one will have an internal radio.

We actually have some cool ideas for these support vehicles, but not enough time to implement them all in this first iteration.

The RHS gaz-66 now has 3 more variants. These are the radio, ap2 medic and repair kungs.

Kung cabin models by Fugas and Pufu, textures by me ;)

Why the ODON emblem? I thought this addon depicts Armed Forces.