soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

So ya.. Maybe rhs is only doing the modern variants... Well at least it's high quality

Well, I know a mod that has made the Yugoslavian/Serbian wooden variants of the soviet weapons, with an awesome quality, so you can always check them.

Ask the guy above if the knows anything about that :rolleyes:

Check this one

Yeah I know SAF mod, great mod but it replaces loading screen :(

Anyway I edited post above so re read if you have to, sorry ipad somehow hit send early

Yeah I know SAF mod, great mod but it replaces loading screen :(

Anyway I edited post above so re read if you have to, sorry ipad somehow hit send early

Doesn't replace it anymore. :D

Haha.

Anyway I still think I hope that HLC aks can be made compatible with rhs mags

I do like that oca launcher lol

Ah cmon.... you guys know you cant just pester them for word on stuff, and you even "bump" your own post... don't do that stuff man, come on you should know better.

Ah cmon.... you guys know you cant just pester them for word on stuff, and you even "bump" your own post... don't do that stuff man, come on you should know better.

I just haven't heard anything on the HMMWVS and I think they are a pretty significant vehicle in the US Forces history, and my last post got buried from people talking about the PIP from the video, so I just bumped it to see if anyone had heard anything from them.

Frankly, im pretty damn sure its gonna be in the mod.

They did the russian tigr, I am sure they will do HUMVEES

Like think about it, they already are doing a certain level of US stuff that I find it hard to belive they would not include Humvees.

I dont know the variant stuff your talking about, but yeah

Also, you cannot bump on these forums, like, at all. (Its the rules)

Frankly, im pretty damn sure its gonna be in the mod.

They did the russian tigr, I am sure they will do HUMVEES

Like think about it, they already are doing a certain level of US stuff that I find it hard to belive they would not include Humvees.

I dont know the variant stuff your talking about, but yeah

Also, you cannot bump on these forums, like, at all. (Its the rules)

Yeah just found screenshots to confirm it.

HMMWVS: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/564393271938759976/C7D0FB81940CABB05E661ABBF860C32D0BB71B81/

Looks great guys well done.

That looks like DAR_HMMV mod... like... pretty damn sure it is.

Either he gave them his humvees (which is totally possibly and great if he did) or they just used it to stage a screenshot with US soldier assets.

But, still I am pretty sure SOME FORM of humvee is gonna be in the mod, whatever it is.

That looks like DAR_HMMV mod... like... pretty damn sure it is.

Either he gave them his humvees (which is totally possibly and great if he did) or they just used it to stage a screenshot with US soldier assets.

But, still I am pretty sure SOME FORM of humvee is gonna be in the mod, whatever it is.

Looks more like a modified Arma 2 Up armoured HMMWV to me. The DAR HMMWVs are essentially ported ones. That pic has barbed wire on the front and a different bullbar, iirc

Yeah just found screenshots to confirm it.

HMMWVS: http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/564393271938759976/C7D0FB81940CABB05E661ABBF860C32D0BB71B81/

Looks great guys well done.

That's my screenshot and MikeTim is right, it's the Up Armored HMMWV Modification by RichardsD. Sorry to disappoint... for now. ;)

Edited by Ballistic09

Looks more like a modified Arma 2 Up armoured HMMWV to me. The DAR HMMWVs are essentially ported ones. That pic has barbed wire on the front and a different bullbar, iirc

It looks exacly like DAR_HUMMVES Mod ( min 3:20 of this video ):

You should be patient. Whenever RHS devs think that any of their assets are ready to show, they will.

I say it this way, be patient guys, I am more than certain that what RHS will serve you will make your jaws fall to the ground. ;)

Yeah really, no need to worry like "oh no will rhs have this"... Obviously they will have humvees, we just gotta wait and see what the other interesting stuff will be. :)

https://www.facebook.com/redhammerstudios/photos/a.585221418157522.1073741825.478330008846664/848681628478165/?type=1&theater

There is the BMP (3)? screenshot posted today (Oh god it better be some type of BMP before you guys rip me apart)

It's BMP-2D.

It's lightly uparmored variant of the BMP-2, it can't swim, but at least can survive a little better fire from heavy machine guns from it's sides, however I suspect that SLAP ammo (it's a kind of APDS ammunition for a small arms) fired to it's sides from M2/M2A1 will make a swiss cheese from it without much problem.

:butbut:

Thank you.

The missle on top is a metis? or a kornet? (what is the difference it seems really similar sorry)

The front looks like more of a sharp angle than other bmps is that to deflect rpgs or something?

The missle on top is a metis? or a kornet? (what is the difference it seems really similar sorry)

The missile launcher can fire ATGM's 9M111 Fagot and 9M113 Konkurs. It can't fire 9M115 Metis and 9M131 Metis-M neither 9M133 Kornet.

The front looks like more of a sharp angle than other bmps is that to deflect rpgs or something?

No, it's the same like in all variants of BMP-1 and BMP-2, it is designed such way for better bouancy on water and to better deflect armor piecing ammunition up to calliber of 20mm, anything above that will make a swiss cheese from these BMP's.

Even newer BMP-3 does not offer frontal protection in it's basic protection against for example 25mm APFSDS M919 that can be fired from 25mm M242 automatic cannon which is the armament of US M2 IFV. However BMP-3 can have installed additional ERA kit just like M2 IFV which makes it less vurnable against such threats, and also offers protection against some RPG's and ATGM's.

Ok thank you,

I look forward very much to use the armor in this mod, I dont know that much about it,but if reyhards east armor mod is any indication this is going be great.

No, it's the same like in all variants of BMP-1 and BMP-2, it is designed such way for better bouancy on water and to better deflect armor piecing ammunition up to calliber of 20mm, anything above that will make a swiss cheese from these BMP's.

Just dont forget that the Bradley before the A2 variant was also very poorly armored. Its frontal protection was almost exactly the same as the BMP, around 30mm. (OK, it was actually thicker, but unlike the BMP, it was made from aluminium, that's why its weak)

And while I agree that BMP-3 wont protect against M919 APFSDS, but it has at least quite good basic armor (65-70mm vs KE), which may be enough against the still very common 25mm M791 APDS.

Just dont forget that the Bradley before the A2 variant was also very poorly armored. Its frontal protection was almost exactly the same as the BMP, around 30mm. (OK, it was actually thicker, but unlike the BMP, it was made from aluminium, that's why its weak)

Yup, that's correct. It was actually fault of initial requirement for M2 IFV to swim so M2 and M2A1 were relatively lightly armored, quickly however US Army changed requirements and new M2A2 variant have better protection. It is very well described in Richard Hunnicutt book Bradley - A History Of The American Fighting And Support Vehicles.

And while I agree that BMP-3 wont protect against M919 APFSDS, but it has at least quite good basic armor (65-70mm vs KE), which may be enough against the still very common 25mm M791 APDS.

Yup, actually M919 APFSDS can penetrate around 100mm of RHA, so it is capable to perforate armor of many WWII Heavy Tanks.

As for M791 APDS, I don't know if it still used or was withdrawn from service.

I have the feeling that this mod will be top three together with the other two.

There is so many pages to dig through, does anyone have a list of things that will be in the mod?