soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Weapon balistic

As maybe some of you know, A3 brings some fancy things for a little bit more realistic configuration and one of that thing is ability to make animations for sight zeroing. GP-25 & M320 benefit from that (but not just only them!) and that will be main topic of my post which will bring to you some information about weapon configuration. There are still some headaches within current system (which is caused by engine limitation) like indelibility to create sight animations for RPG-7 as it’s using different warheads with model proxy method (you can’t animate modelSpecial thing :/)

Under barrel grenade launchers

Below is short movie presenting GP-25 & M320 in action

GP-25 has mechanical rotating iron sight. It can be regulated in 50m interval between 50 and 400 meters (IRL after 400 m you are able to fire on high angle like a mortar but honestly, who would like to play with GP25 as mortar ?! :D [beside that, I’m not sure if looking up animation allows such high angle]). GP-25 fire caseless shells at initial velocity of 76.5m/s.

gp25.jpg

Available rounds in game:

• VOG-25 – high explosive grenade

• VOG-25P – high explosive jumping grenade (currently not working)

• GDR-40 smoke grenade. 3 colour available: white, green, red

• VG-40 SZ - flashbang

• VG-40 TB – thermobaric grenade (dead zone is 3 m wide, after that distance it’s rather safe as there is no sharpnels from explosion)

• VG-40 OP – flare grenade, 3 colours avaible: white, green, red

VG-40SZ - Flashbang grenade showcase

M320 is successor of popular UGL M203 and is currently used by US Army. Unlike as predecessor, it might be used as UGL or as a standalone weapons. It also poses ability to be regulated at 50m interval within 50-350 meters range.

model by Gurdy, texture by Sabre

Available rounds:

• M441 HE – high explosive grenade

• M433 HEDP – high explosive dual purpose

• M4009 – flashbang

• M585, M661, M662 – flare, 3 colors available

• M713, M714, M715, M716 – some grenade, 4 colors available

RPG-26 & RShG-2 Launchers

RPG-26 & RShG-2 by Gurdy, instruction vector by witchnamedkiki

Launchers showcase

RPG-26 is a disposable anti-tank rocket launcher designed to destroy light armored targets (up to 440mm RHA CE). While it doesn’t stand a chance against latest MBT it’s still very dangerous for older tanks. Range can be adjusted on 50, 150 & 250 meters.

RShG is a disposable assault rocket launcher designed for destroying infantry hidden in cover. It uses thermobaric warhead which is deadly within range of 12meters. It can be regulated in 50m interval between 50-350 meters range.

@MikeTim - there is dozen of new grenades, NSP-N, RDG-2, Zarya-2, etc...

Wow! Honestly I would pay money for those ammoboxes alone, I hate the vanilla crates :p

So much awesomeness in one post, its too much I cant handle it :D

Well, almost speechless!

I agree with Ghost TF that this post was really :butbut:

It showed so much that I still haven't processed all the info ( I'm still amazed by all the stuff in the Zeus folders & armory ).

Thank you very much Reyhard for this awesome presentation! ( and also to all the team for the hard work ) :bounce3:

:yay:

Very nice..!! are they teasers :-) ? Or are we getting close !?

Looks great.

Good to hear you are doing grenades and these munitions.

Do you guys have a wooden Ak74?

Also do you have a Akm yet?

I am just wondering because I would rather only use your aks, but if there is no akm I have to use HLC as well.

Nice job tho.

(Sent from iPad, sorry for spelling etc)

Looks great.

Good to hear you are doing grenades and these munitions.

Do you guys have a wooden Ak74?

Also do you have a Akm yet?

I am just wondering because I would rather only use your aks, but if there is no akm I have to use HLC as well.

Nice job tho.

(Sent from iPad, sorry for spelling etc)

They might have an AKM. I think it's still used for CQB and police stuff in the Russian military.

They might have an AKM. I think it's still used for CQB and police stuff in the Russian military.

Yeah it's for the caliber 7,62, it's stronger/heavier ( can penetrate heavy covers ), same happened in the US with the M14.

If you guys could PM me a beta link that would be great, I need this mod for a mission I'm making. Thanks!

If you guys could PM me a beta link that would be great, I need this mod for a mission I'm making. Thanks!

From their Facebook:

There will be an alpha. No eta as we're still even have not been able to solve all packing problems with BIS tools

So then all mission makers and everyone else will be able to use them.

Well I think it's indisputable that they still use AKMs, and I would rather get all my russian/soviet equipment from one mod (this).

Also, for purposes of loadouts and such, we all know AKM is the most popular gun on earth, and so widely used, no real reason not to include one.

I'm sure they will probs have one tho, I hope.

Link sent to sniperskull @dontneednoman.org

Hope that's still current :)

Sabre do you guys have an akm in the mod?

Your online now so I figured I would ask.

I was wondering is the M113 family gonna appear in the US version of the mod?

I know that is quite dated, but it's still been used in combat zones ( as a HQ, mortar, ambulance, etc. ). There are thousands of them in service, and in a case of a big war ( Russia vs US ) I'm pretty sure they would be used.

Yeah m113 sounds like it's still quite relevant.

Except afaik it's usually woodland camo or a desert tan.

Just hoping we are getting some m81 woodland to go along with it.

He must not actually be online.

Is he releasing it to you because you know him or something?

Seems like you might want to take care of that in PM...

I was wondering is the M113 family gonna appear in the US version of the mod?

I know that is quite dated, but it's still been used in combat zones ( as a HQ, mortar, ambulance, etc. ). There are thousands of them in service, and in a case of a big war ( Russia vs US ) I'm pretty sure they would be used.

M113 is intended to be replaced within AMPV program by special variants of the M2 IFV.

original%25283%2529.jpg

Finally after so many years they replacing that old tin can with something that actually have survivability on the battlefield... and will be cheaper in use because of commonality with basic M2/M3 IFV/CFV variants as well as with M109A7 SPH and AAVP7A1 used by USMC.

M113 is intended to be replaced within AMPV program by special variants of the M2 IFV.

I knew that were plans to replace it, but I didn't now that they made the final decision. Interesting information! ( although I have read that it's gonna take almost 15 years until the full replacement ).

But is the new family capable of air-droping, swimming and be transported in a C130?

- - -

I found these:

mLjGr.jpg

3G7aQ.jpg

f0205060_509c531fe9602.jpg

Edited by MistyRonin

I knew that were plans to replace it, but I didn't now that they made the final decision. Interesting information! ( although I have read that it's gonna take almost 15 years until the full replacement ).

Initial plan was to replace it with twi different vehicles, one based on the M2 IFV and second being tracked variant of Stryker. However due to costs someone in the US Army command decided that if the vehicles based on M2 IFV chassis are more or less ready, they choose them, AFAIK there is just needed some development period to finalize designs of these specialized variants.

But is the new family capable of air-droping, swimming and be transported in a C130?

M113 is not capable to be air droped, this is a myth spread by Mike "Sparky" Sparks, and he is ill on his mind. US Army only done some initial tests but vehicle was never certified for air drops.

M113 is very awfull at swimming, I heard from a soldier that served on it that swimming might be even dangerous. You must understand that amphibious requirement will be dropped in more and more new vehicle designs, and rightfully so, it's just not nececary and is compromising survivability.

For example just recently I talked with a Polish soldier, driver of the Rosomak APC, a Polish version of Patria AMV, he said that even if vehicle is certified for swimming, nobody performs such operations and there is very small number of drivers trained and certified to swim these vehicles. It's preaty much a dead requirement created in the past by some officer that most likely was in love with BMP-1.

I could give more such examples. Much more practical for combat vehicles is deep fording capability, so just like tanks, they can ford water obstacles. It is also safer than swimming because in case of vehicle malfunction underwater, crew and dismounts can safely leave vehicle via turret snorkel. I heard enough stories that during swimming excercises, crew members or dismounts just drowned with their swimming APC or IFV.

C-130 transportability is again a myth, no new vehicle is actually C-130 transportable, it's another useless and dead requirement. It's better to just use C-17.

I found these:

Yup, prototypes of mortar carrier and APC variant. As you can see these vehicles can be equipped with the same ERA kits as standard IFV and CFV variants, thus are much more survivable than M113.

I thought that the tracked Stryker and the turretless Bradley were competing for the AMPV contract and the Bradley more or less won.

I don't see why they don't just wait for the GCV and then use that chassis for commonality. Unless they end up with a Bradley derivative for the GCV.

But the AMPV isn't in use right now. Not gonna end up in this mod (hell, I don't even think they're doing the new Scorpion camo.)

I thought that the tracked Stryker and the turretless Bradley were competing for the AMPV contract and the Bradley more or less won.

1. These designs were competing.

2. Then someone decided that both will replace M113.

3. Recently someones else decided that nah, we go with M2 IFV derivative.

I don't see why they don't just wait for the GCV and then use that chassis for commonality. Unless they end up with a Bradley derivative for the GCV.

GCV is in development, and this development is still in very, very early phase. Oh and BTW, GCV was officialy cancelled, but in reality it is not cancelled, the work is continued under new codename FFV. Seem that US Army finally found a way to screw politicians and finalize their R&D programs before they will be cut for good.

But the AMPV isn't in use right now. Not gonna end up in this mod (hell, I don't even think they're doing the new Scorpion camo.)

Scorpion camo is just a different variant of Multicam, and both share the same US Army codename OCP.

As for AMPV, it might end in the mod, we will see in the future when most of the basic content will be finished.

Damian you gave a lot of reasons how m113 is a piece of crap , but just because it's shit doesn't mean you shouldn't include it for that reason.

Damian you gave a lot of reasons how m113 is a piece of crap , but just because it's shit doesn't mean you shouldn't include it for that reason.

It's not a piece of crap, in fact a lot of Armies use it, even in nowadays wars, it's just starting to be old ( can you compare a cell phone features from the 90's to an iPhone? ).

And yeah, I'd love to see it in the mod :)

( Denmark, Israel, Norway, Switzerland, Greece, Poland, Italy, Jordan, South Korea, Turkey, Tunisia, Thailand, Egypt, Spain, Brazil, Canada, Peru, Philippines, Pakistan, Singapore, Argentina, Australia, and long etc. )