soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Well, I'll have to use Sudden's pack as a placeholder if they are not out in time (Their good, just not what I'm looking for). I'm looking forward to a release whenever that might be and the best of luck guys. If this is anything like the A2 mod then I'm sure its worth any wait. even if ArmA 4 is out before the mod :)

To avoid any possible misunderstanding of my previous post, I'll just copy & paste the last official RHS statement in Facebook.

If you've been wondering why we've been so quiet recently, you can go blame BIS tool developers. With all the recent changes to the addon packing tool we needed to rewrite all our custom tools and while this has not been stalling the development we still had not had the chance to get all the new goodies to the testers and screenshot makers. So there. Coming soon.

And just to clarify: I'm just a fan of the mod and have no connection with any member of the team.

Pretty sure it isnt going to happen, anyway, if you wanted his tanks cant you just get them when they are released?

And they said they would not do interiors, I am not speaking for them or something but if they already said they wouldn't do it...

Pretty sure it isnt going to happen, anyway, if you wanted his tanks cant you just get them when they are released?

And they said they would not do interiors, I am not speaking for them or something but if they already said they wouldn't do it...

yes we will not make interiors unless it is absolutely no getting away from it.

wow just read a interesting PM (foreign bank scammer..) lol wonder if anyone else got that

Unrelated, are you guys doing/ have you done grenades for the Russian Forces Mod yet?

I really hate the shitty vanilla grenades, its called an RGO but looks like a M67, wtf....

Could you guys possibly make a F-1 and RGD-5?

Since you don't really have to animate anything, i assume you can get a RGD-5 model easily and probably make a F-1.

Just so we don't have to use shitty vanilla grenades, they are so, bad.

With a nice inventory icon it would be good.

Here's a peak at something we've been cooking up--a bit of something old, and a bit of something new! (click for larger view)

bradteaser_small.jpg

Here's a peak at something we've been cooking up--a bit of something old, and a bit of something new!

Outstanding job Gurdy!

Do you have any plans for the other members of the "Bradley Family"? Linebacker, Cavalry scout, and so on?

( BTW someone should tell the Pentagon to get a proper design for new vehicles instead of building Frankenstein like vehicles ).

Wow looks really good.

Out of interest what are the huge boxes hanging off the back ?

If I'm not wrong are to protect the troops when getting out through the back:

original.jpg

Outstanding job Gurdy!

Do you have any plans for the other members of the "Bradley Family"? Linebacker, Cavalry scout, and so on?

( BTW someone should tell the Pentagon to get a proper design for new vehicles instead of building Frankenstein like vehicles ).

There will be quite a few variants, but I'll probably do a devblog about it at some point to go into this further.

Wow looks really good.

Air conditioners. :P

On the subject of uniforms as a whole, I know that the Russians have like,a billion different uniforms and camos.

Armed Forces of the Russian Federation have only one standard issue camouflage pattern. Since this mod is seems to be focused on the first half of 00's (at least equipment-wise), it uses "Flora" pattern uniform, which is absolutely correct for that time period.

I will add something to the Gurdy's presentation of that M2 Bradley variant.

It is M2A3 variant with the latest and heaviest BUSK (Bradley Urban Survivability Kit) variant with thicker ERA tiles and additional tiles protection hull lower sides and suspension.

And as Gurdy pointed out, to the rear of the hull are attached additional air conditioning units, it's because while crew can use build in air conditioning system and MSS (Mounted Soldier System) cooling vests wear under tanker coverall uniform, dismounts can't have such comforts, so in hot climate, additional air conditioners can be installed on the hull rear.

Great to see Red Hammer Studios still alive! Been a fan of your stuff since the OPF days and had not expected it would still be around! Looking at the screenshots posted here and on facebook it seems it is all progressing nicely!

Just one comment though, the abrams and bradley textures so far look very clean, as if they just came out of storage. Will they become a bit more dirty and used in the final release? Finally I just have to ask, are you working on a BMPT as well?

Finally I just have to ask, are you working on a BMPT as well?

If I'm not wrong they only add the stuff that is nowadays in wide service inside the Russian Federation Armed Forces. As far as I know the BMPT are only in service in Kazakhstan.

If it's wrong then I don't wanna be right, baby.

you might be wrong...

Well, in that case, it would never feel so good to be wrong :p

Just one comment though, the abrams and bradley textures so far look very clean, as if they just came out of storage. Will they become a bit more dirty and used in the final release?

That's actually preatty realistic. Did you seen recent photos from "Combined Resolve II" excercises, M1A2's and M2A3's even after several weaks were relatively clean, only dust on them, and as far as I know, it is common practice in US Armed Forces to clean vehicles after excercices and whenever possible, and there is good reason for that too, you don't want for example too much mud to build up under hull sideskirts, it might make problems and cause vehicles detracking.

As for BMPT and BMPT-2, both vehicles in case of russian army are preatty much experimental and russian army is not nececary interested in them, however I believe that for the sake of having one in the game, RHS team might add it, sometime in future.

That's actually preatty realistic. Did you seen recent photos from "Combined Resolve II" excercises, M1A2's and M2A3's even after several weaks were relatively clean, only dust on them, and as far as I know, it is common practice in US Armed Forces to clean vehicles after excercices and whenever possible, and there is good reason for that too, you don't want for example too much mud to build up under hull sideskirts, it might make problems and cause vehicles detracking.

As for BMPT and BMPT-2, both vehicles in case of russian army are preatty much experimental and russian army is not nececary interested in them, however I believe that for the sake of having one in the game, RHS team might add it, sometime in future.

This is one of the photos from Combined resolve II

http://shape.smugmug.com/Military-Exercises/Exercise-Combined-Resolve-II/i-qC9DGt9/0/X2/SHAPE_2014_190514_010-X2.jpg (615 kB)

I'm sure it's cleaned before and after practice but in theater things get dirty.In my opinion is up to addon maker -

does he want to make 2 different textures for clean and dirty or just stick to one.

This is one of the photos from Combined resolve II

http://shape.smugmug.com/Military-Exercises/Exercise-Combined-Resolve-II/i-qC9DGt9/0/X2/SHAPE_2014_190514_010-X2.jpg (615 kB)

I'm sure it's cleaned before and after practice but in theater things get dirty.In my opinion is up to addon maker -

does he want to make 2 different textures for clean and dirty or just stick to one.

I guess it depends on the terrain the vehicle is operating, in a dry desert environment I would imagine it only gets dusty as previously stated, where as with a muddy European woodland after a night of rain you will get mud all over the place....

You could go for an easy medium, make the vehicles look "used" not so much like they are covered in dirt... but I guess I don't know, some faded paint/scratches just make it look like it's been in service for a year or two?

I'm not sure what you guys are worried about--we haven't shown the redone Woodland textures for any of the vehicles, and the desert variants don't show mud too well, so... :p

Ah, well good news :)

Maybe you might want to show those pics :o

Also,

I asked before and no one answered , are there rgd or some other type of new grenade for the russian army mod?

(Sent from iPad, don't blame me for spelling)