soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

yes, RHS: United States Armed Forces will be a seperate, yet compatible mod. In all probability there will be a third pack that will combine the two into a more seamless environment.

yes, RHS: United States Armed Forces will be a seperate, yet compatible mod. In all probability there will be a third pack that will combine the two into a more seamless environment.

Ok thank you for clearing that up! :) Is there a seperate thread for that or will there be one in the future?

Most probably will be a seperate thread later on, we just prefer for now to keep it all in one place so we dont have to waste too much time on marketing and figuring out where what to post.

Most probably will be a seperate thread later on, we just prefer for now to keep it all in one place so we dont have to waste too much time on marketing and figuring out where what to post.

Sounds good sir! great job!!

Please tell me that you are making marines and please tell me that your going to make an m4 with m320 and m26 shotgun attachments. Because if you do I will jump out of my window for joy. Please make the T-90ms for the russia because if you do then I will scream Like a bieber Fan Girl meeting Justin bieber in real life. :yay:

BI, please hire these people and let them make ArmA 4

Well maybe not A4, but it would be worth IMO to make it an official DLC ( respecting the modmakers desires always ).

I do believe, that once this mod is released in its both parts ( Russia and US ) I will barely use the vanilla units ( maybe the AAF xD ).

ermahgawd, this is incredible.

BI, please hire these people and let them make ArmA 4

How do you think DayZ is being made? a lot of the assets like weapons and items are being outsourced to freelancer 3D artists.

Nice!

BTW Gurdy, your mod will have Mk16 and Mk17 SCAR rifles?

Not at the moment. We are just focusing on mainline weapons for the time being.

Isn't the XM2010 an experimental special forces thing though?

No. US SOF bought a similar looking, modular rifle called the Remington MSR

XM2010 is a replacement for the M24 in the US Army. Pretty sure they're dropped the X from the designation now that it's accepted into service.

No. US SOF bought a similar looking, modular rifle called the Remington MSR

XM2010 is a replacement for the M24 in the US Army. Pretty sure they're dropped the X from the designation now that it's accepted into service.

Ah yeah seems it might have the designation M24E1 now, It'll be changed accordingly :)

Edited by Sabre

Nope, It's been in full service for a year or two now.

This photo of a 25th Infantry Div solider with a XM2010 (which as sabre mentioned is now the M24E1) is from back in 2012:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/soldiersmediacenter/6875166557/

It was approved for full fielding back in early 2011:

http://www.armytimes.com/article/20110425/NEWS/104250311/Army-s-XM2010-sniper-rifle-gets-full-fielding

From memory the original idea was to drop the original M24 internals into a new stock and rechamber to .300 win mag but I think they ended up just buying a whole new rifle rather than putting all the work into retrofitting.

You may have been thinking of the SOCOM PSR (Precision Sniper Rifle) competition that was run a little while back which ended up being awarded to the Remington MSR (Which is a commercial off the shelf version of the XM2010 with some minor adjustments and the ability to quickly change calibers) over the Sako TRG M10.

Nice going guys

and yes the xm2010 - was called M24E1 then again XM2010 and now it should be just M2010 , just like XM1014 to M1014 or the newest thing XM25 to M25

Nice going guys

and yes the xm2010 - was called M24E1 then again XM2010 and now it should be just M2010 , just like XM1014 to M1014 or the newest thing XM25 to M25

Aye, various in-house U.S. Army media articles have just referred to it as M2010 since 2013:

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10151992038627293.1073741851.160327722292&type=1

http://peosoldier.armylive.dodlive.mil/2013/12/31/equipment-piece-of-the-week-m2010-enhanced-sniper-rifle-esr/

IIRC the actions are still stamped as M24 though, because they're just reconditioned from the old rifle

Can you please define "mainline" like m4's and suck or what? Sorry I'm confused again..

Can you please define "mainline" like m4's and suck or what? Sorry I'm confused again..

My guess is that they will make the currently most issued/basic weapons used by Army/Marines. Be that m4 and m16, m27 or m249 and their variants, I do not know. Waiting for official word. 8) I for one would prefer quality over quantity

Nice going guys

Didn't realize it was in full service. Neat.

Could you guys also make this mod as a replacement for CSAT?

I'm sick of the alians, i want the russians as replacement for the CSAT

CSAT? please don't name the aliens!!!

They took our furniture as a preemptive strike. CSAT is their invasion force.

18z0mou24aqz9jpg.jpg

I'm sick of the alians, i want the russians as replacement for the CSAT

I would prefer Iranians over Russians any day (if done correctly without bug helmets ect.), Russians are too overused in gaming...

...unless of course they are being made by the RHS team :D

RPG-7V2 model and Textures by VASMKD:)

For a first try that's really good, you should have seen my first model. :D It was a complete disaster.