soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

Well in the Army it's part of your PPE, your csm or BC see's you with out it, you might get skull dragged, it's part of the PCC and PCI's you do, just like camelback being full, having atleast 7 magazines,your ear pro, gloves, eye pro, fresh batteries for your nods and tac light, ifak, all your tie downs ect.

But one thing is to go for some drills and the other warzones, where the standards are more relaxed.

Say, what would your guys' opinions be on eventually doing other Eastern countries? I know for a fact that, for example, Armenia (I'm part of the Diaspora so I'm American but of Armenian ethnicity) uses a lot of Russian equipment. If anything ever does happen in the future doing Caucasus countries or places in Eastern Europe, I'd be happy to help you out (since I've studied the region a lot.)

I was active duty deployed 2010-2011 Pech river valley cop Able Main and Fob Finley Shields 101st 1st bct 1-327INF A co, never once did I get the opportunity to leave my knee pads back at the fob/cop,dude we werent even allowed to roll our sleeves up the tiniest bit , but anyhow that's off topic.

Anyhow we'll see honestly I don't care for them either way, it's wip, if they choose to do multicam though, they can pretty much use the lower half of the bis models for the US anyhow, because last deployment my unit got the combat pants.

you sound like my old platoon sergeant, where's your fuckin knee pads?eye pro guys come on...youve got your ear pro? you know the Army doesnt give disability for that anymore.

I think they might include some later those arent final I dont think, maybe their using the foam inserts inside the acu pants.

Lets go with the excuse that they all bought crye uniforms in UCP... airflex for all!

On the topic of troops: we are definitely still working to get to a point where we are comfortable with the accuracy and quality of our US troops. At this moment we are still using a lot of inherited content from a huge span of sources, so our current goal with the troops is to go back, piece-by-piece, and improve and replace what's already there to further unify our art. Over the long term (and without going into too much detail), I think it's safe to say the A3 cyre gear won't be present (if it is, it will probably end up being in an altered state to accommodate our needs a little better). I don't even think you have to worry about knee pads being present. Again, we'll be pretty forthcoming with this progress in the future. :p

On the topic of MRAPs: without going into too much detail, some MRAPs will be present. However, it is good time to point out that vehicles that have more conventional and gameplay-significant roles to play in a fictional US vs. Russia conflict will have more priority within the mod. Even then, we still want to have enough appropriate content to accommodate both OIF and OEF scenarios. At any rate, we'll talk more about this in future updates.

On the topic of troops: we are definitely still working to get to a point where we are comfortable with the accuracy and quality of our US troops. At this moment we are still using a lot of inherited content from a huge span of sources, so our current goal with the troops is to go back, piece-by-piece, and improve and replace what's already there to further unify our art. Over the long term (and without going into too much detail), I think it's safe to say the A3 cyre gear won't be present (if it is, it will probably end up being in an altered state to accommodate our needs a little better). I don't even think you have to worry about knee pads being present. Again, we'll be pretty forthcoming with this progress in the future. :p

I know that you can't modify Arma .p3d files, so are you going to end up making Crye stuff from scratch?

I know that you can't modify Arma .p3d files, so are you going to end up making Crye stuff from scratch?

so far, RHS has released only original custom made content, isn't it? Why change that now :P?

(i know that SA already said that for russian stuff, we might be using some of a2 bis stuff as placeholders, if it is absolutely necessary that is)

I don't know if you have contact him, but RH has an outstanding collection of models of M4s and M16, they would fit really nicely in the american part of the mod.

so far, RHS has released only original custom made content, isn't it? Why change that now :P?

(i know that SA already said that for russian stuff, we might be using some of a2 bis stuff as placeholders, if it is absolutely necessary that is)

I know that AVIndus uses retextured AAF uniforms (the Crye stuff), which is why I was wondering why people were talking about modifying it.

I thougt this is Russian mod?!? omg this is so awesome! YES! M1A2 very nice sir

Edited by kgino1045

I thougt this is Russian mod?!? omg this is so awesome! YES! M1A2 very nice sir

Now it's America, too. They decided to add an opposing force.

Congrats!

Best wishes for this mod.

I can't wait to play with it...

:)

My favorite mod (after Serbian Armed Forces of course :) ), keep up with your excellent work and let us play as soon as possible !

will there be alternative headgear than helments for the US faction?

Edited by F.Lundin

Will you guys be adding the USMC to the mod?

Depends on if I donate my WIP stuff or not. Since I won't be finishing them due to reasons.

Will you add the not-so-russian-but-definitely-russian-sf-operators-occupying-crimean-bases or something similar? They look pretty badass.

Nice mod!

Will you add the not-so-russian-but-definitely-russian-sf-operators-occupying-crimean-bases or something similar? They look pretty badass.

Nice mod!

Cannot categorically attest to that as of yet. If yes then later.

Absolutely fantastic, but two things.

First: US Army within the next year or two will transition to Multicam, or OCP. Absolutely certain that this has been addressed but friendly reminder to not put too much love into UCP textures when they will be out of style next year

Second: What the hell was that vehicle in this pic? It looks like a 2S25!