soul_assassin

RHS: Armed Forces of the Russian Federation A3 WIP Thread

I am still hoping for an implementation of Shtora in this mod or the AIP mod

thats t-100, armata will use "koolicia-s" i think, which has double barrel 123mm cannons.

No, "Koalitsia-SV" with double 152mm howitzer was only a concept test vehicle. It was cancelled. New 152mm howitzer based on "Armata" platform will use single 152mm howitzer.

http://giaoduc.net.vn/Uploaded/huuky/2012_10_09/2S35_armata_giaoduc.net.vn.jpg

http://giaoduc.net.vn/Uploaded/huuky/2012_10_09/2S35_armata_giaoduc.net.vn_1.jpg

http://giaoduc.net.vn/Uploaded/huuky/2012_10_09/2S35_armata_giaoduc.net.vn_2.jpg

These are photos of official model of new "Armata" platform based howitzer. "Armata" based MBT will use a very similiar chassis, but with smaller unmanned turret.

In fact "Armata" based MBT will be a very similiar design to cancelled Object 195.

http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/4607/3147bc4623f1.jpg

(One of low quality photos of one of Object 195 prototypes)

http://www.avanturist.org/files/messages/2013/08/20/1911366_72a06146521ed9f35ad206a52c990336.jpg

Here are models of "Armata" platform specialized variants.

"Armata" will have two hull types, first with engine at rear for MBT, SPH, TOS, BMPT etc. And second variant with front mounted engine for heavy IFV, APC and other specialized variants.

t-100 is black eagle

No, T-100 is based on Object 640, such thing as "Black Eagle" never existed and name is made up by some fanboys. The only official designation codes for prototypes in Soviet Union, Russia and Ukraine were/are "Object xxx".

Edited by Damian90

totally wrong. t-100 is black eagle, and is in arma.

The T-100 in Arma is a product of BIS imagination :)

well same thing about "mi-24" as "hind" I know about object, but t-100 is not armata. Wikipedia says one thing, and other russian military sites, talk about 2x123mm cannons on new armata tank. Anyway we won't find it out untill arma is officialy out.

For example at one source, armata being called "T-99" and has a 152mm cannon.

[/color]

The T-100 in Arma is a product of BIS imagination :)

based on "black eagle"

Armata refers to a common weapons platform, not a single vehicle. I have not yet seen any reliable sources showing pictures of the real thing or even prototype. Some scale models only at trade shows and even then every time different.

Wikipedia says one thing, and other russian military sites, talk about 2x123mm cannons on new armata tank.

Complete bollocks made by some idiots that does not have a smallest idea about how design AFV's. 2x123mm guns ha, why on this earth anyone would want to use two guns? Not to mention that 123mm calliber is non existing.

"Armata" based tank will use a 125mm 2A82 smoothbore gun, which is a completely new design not connected to older 2A46 family. 2A82 is speculated to be connected to 152mm 2A83 used on Object 195.

For example at one source, armata being called "T-99" and has a 152mm cannon.

No, simply because T-xx designation is still not given to vehicle as it is still in prototype stage, not inducted in to service, and then and only then tank will recive it's T-xx designation code. As for main armament, as I said, wrong, new tank will use 125mm 2A82.

based on "black eagle"

I wonder how many times it's needed to be repeated that this is fictional name, which should not be used at all.

I have not yet seen any reliable sources showing pictures of the real thing or even prototype.

Next year perhaps prototypes will be presented.

Some scale models only at trade shows and even then every time different.

Seems that these I posted are close to the real thing, maybe not in all details as it is normal for a project of such secrecy.

yep, time will show, i do barely think, Russia wants us to know real facts about armata yet. Thats why so many sources and so many different characteristics. AS i remember in "tank biathlon" show, on russia 2 channel, they said they will show new MBT in 2014, and maybe even use him at tank biathlon itself.

Using prototype that is unfinished, that did not passed all state tests, and can have serious problems with reliability would not be too smart. If anything, Russians will just use T-90SM, as it have fire control system comparable with western tanks, and can compete against them in gunner at the same level.

Nobody knows what the final armata will look like, the best information I've gotten my hands on is an interview with one of the designers talking about non-specifics and he said that we'll get to see it before the end of this year (2014), so until then it's all just speculation. One of the main goals of the armata project is to reduce costs, thus a 125mm cannon which can use old rounds and some borrowing from older designs is expected. In my mind the new MBT version (with manned turret) will most likely be fitted with Relikt ERA and blowout panels, leading to a turret design similar to that of the would be T-80UM2 (AKA O-640, called T100 in arma) and T-90MS. Another possibility for the turret would be the integration of arena-3, which can be seen on the T-72BM. If it uses a remote turret then the design will be something much more radical, possibly leaning towards the 195. The main question for the body is where the engine will be placed.

but the main goal of armata, is to make manless turret, to protect the crew, and as you might know, Russians tried to develop manless turret tank back in 70's, but lack of technology put it on hold untill now. BMPT already has manless turret, and is based on armata concept, along with mbt, apc, wheeled vehicles.

in any case we will not include anything in the mod that we dont have concrete info on. We cannot put our RHS stamp of accuracy on something so vague.

Finally, I was already start to wondering where are you guy.

After your mod in ArmA 2 there is no other Russians for me in ArmA at all.

Keep good working but hurry up we are in temptation.

Very harasho. :bounce3:

Don't see what you guys are complaing about. A prototype is a prototype. No one knows what happens until 2035.

Don't see what you guys are complaing about. A prototype is a prototype. No one knows what happens until 2035.

nobody is complaining about anything here man, we've just discussed about new russian tank "armata", and came to comclusion, we know nearly nothin about it ;)

nvm...

Edited by PuFu
alex...

no no by all means, all discussion is welcome, its not like we cant change our minds later haha

what kinds of helmet can we expect? i see your arma 2 version has the regular infantry helmet, but what about sphera and k6 series? it would be great to see those brought to your professional standards.

Great to see the return of RHS, I look forward to seeing what you guys can do with Arma 3!

in any case we will not include anything in the mod that we dont have concrete info on. We cannot put our RHS stamp of accuracy on something so vague.

I presume this means you haven't considered adding content to the game's 2035 Armaverse setting at some point?

I presume this means you haven't considered adding content to the game's 2035 Armaverse setting at some point?
please no! only real 2014 stuff

Why not? It could always be additional content or even in a seperate package. Up to them really.

I personally say go ahead! But do focus on current gen equipment.

totally wrong. t-100 is black eagle, and is in arma.

Yep and real name of that tank is T80UM2 Black Eagle (Черный Орел). I see alot people online thinking that Black Eagle is T95 :D BTW as much as i read here i see too many WIKI kids that think that they know something about russian vehicles. There is very good way to get new info about those things is to watch russian tv becouse they have really good shows where they show off their weapons and vehicles. I can see them in my country and they are damn epic. Real russians in this forum can help you the most becouse others knows nothing. BTW as much as i know "Armata" platform is going to be made from mixing aspects from both T80UM2 and T95. BTW allmost all russian vehicles, hellicopter and other stuff have theyr own nicknames made by russians, so when people says that it's made by fanboys they are mistaking. BTW BMPT is build on T90 platform but can be easily be constructed on T72. i still wonder what they going to show with upcoming BMP-T and BTR-T on armata platform..

Edited by MindLLeX

Oh my, glad to see you are back!

BTW any news on the Tigr? Last time it was posted, it was in a pretty complete state.