Sign in to follow this  
clarionhorn

Clarion WIP thread

This thread is for tracking progress of my projects. Currently working on a female player conversion. I'll probably include more heads and uniforms later on, but I'm running into difficulties with facial animation. The head is from BIS and has been rigged already, but the name of the bones are wrong. if anyone can give me a list of the newest and most accurate facial bone list, it could help my project along with any future attempts to make new faces/heads.

96hu.jpg

some size comparison tests

http://oi40.tinypic.com/tat16b.jpg

bones and animations are working properly

http://oi43.tinypic.com/m9sjvd.jpg

A desert rose! Considering I have been see males for (counts on fingers) several months she at least rates a 7-8 until we go home of course. (Good job by the way)

looks pretty good! we have a female medic in our team, i think she will appreciate your work :)

Finally some women to populate the Pederasthos islands of ArmA3!!! YAY! Hope to see it wearing that Wonder Woman panties from DayZ SA instead of this boxers (looks like a Dyke) but I will use this addon gladly anyways...

Are you planning civilian clothes like burkas and dresses or they´ll be only female soldiers? There are lotsa clothing addons, but if you put them in a female model, they´ll have a female face with male body... armaverse transvestals urk!

Excellent. How will this work with the default uniforms, if at all? Or will you need to create dedicated female cut uniforms instead?

o.O Wow. That looks really professional. Nice work. If we could get some professional-quality female voices for this, it'd be incredible.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:35 ----------

Excellent. How will this work with the default uniforms, if at all? Or will you need to create dedicated female cut uniforms instead?

Well the underwear models aren't under the default uniforms. Or another way of seeing it is that the default combat uniforms don't go over the underwear models. They are their own models, just like the character models in A2. That's why they're config'd a bit differently than the vests and helmets, and why BI's original plan of having interchangeable uniforms was tricky (the uniforms have to be tied to a unit, that is also config'd for a specific side). So, to have uniforms that adhere to the female shape, there have to be exclusively female uniforms and female-friendly vests and such.

female-friendly vests and such.

I reckon the standard vests might work with this model, because he hasn't gone silly with the proportions

i can confirm they fit very well. but uniforms needs to be custom made. i will transport a few over from BIS public collection and reshape them, but that is a lengthy process so i am focusing on getting the base model working first.

some facial animation test from today. clearly made for male faces ;)

Tgnv0KZl.jpg

9IYi7xXl.jpg?1

There are a couple of super classy comments in this thread.

Anyway, the model looks great, but I feel like the skin has a bit too much specular, the shine on her arm and leg in the beach screenshot kind of makes it look like she's made of plastic.

is it possible to put regular uniforms on anyways? or does it only work with custom ones for her, if they do work can you screen her wearing the NATO uniform?

yeah, the head and body are separate. you can use her head on normal body, it just looks really bad because the male bodies are buff guys with bulging muscles and vascular hands. here's a screenshot comparison

VhgwkCql.jpg

these customs models are lower quality because transported from past games, but they are weighed, which is good because i don't have much success with weighing bones .

0QSoCJMl.jpg

yRij6ORl.jpg

D10a72o.jpg?1

There are a couple of super classy comments in this thread.

Anyway, the model looks great, but I feel like the skin has a bit too much specular, the shine on her arm and leg in the beach screenshot kind of makes it look like she's made of plastic.

All skin in Arma is like that, when really it shouldn't be. It's like the skin is really really oily.

yeah, i used the default setting, but you can actually turn the specularity level down in the rvmat. i don't know why bis doesn't do that, because it helps a lot. you can see more of the details, like the pores on the skin and some sweat beads, which would have been drowned out by high specularity levels. i use about 30% specularity with the default smd and smdi maps.

Very nice work! Looking forward to having females in ARMA again, both military and civilian!

i'm releasing an unbinarized wip with the first 2 lods basically done. you can use it as a template to make your own female clothes. the face animation is working, but not pretty. i also included a female civilian model with a jacket and pants. you'll have to make your own config though, since i wasn't able to get it working as a unit.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/8nr241xmm8g9mhs/female.pbo

If you want to make nice 3 D faces,you can use the Kinect hardware camera to get great results! It`s pretty cheap too.I`m not sure about the file formats thoo`.Looking good.

glad you liked it, guys. as for larger chests, you'll have to open up the model yourself, i'm completely incapable of adding things to a mesh without screwing things up. i'm limited to subtracting and repositioning vertices at this point.

here's also a completed female flight suit. modified a bit since the screenshots so the waist is tight at the actual waist straps, and not above it. unbinarized.

http://www.mediafire.com/download/3jeqpe2xb3tiaq7/coverall_f.pbo

oh and toxic sludge, exact same thought crossed my mind when reviewing that shot ;)

credits:

icewindo's female configs and templates

cinco's flight suit templates