Sign in to follow this  
Jas

Extremly Low FPS Arma 3

I'm only seeming to get around 10-20 FPS on multiplayer, I've been searching for help for days, but nothing helps.

Specs:

Intel Core i7 4770k

NVIDIA GTX 770 Superclocked

16GB RAM

Windows 8.1 64 Bit

Any help at all will be greatly appreciated

In MP, no settings change anything. Maybe next patch will fix something. Supposed to be some mp fixes in it.

"There finally is some solid movement on the multiplayer optimization front. Over the past weeks our programmers, David "Dwarden" Foltyn, and several community admins tested the new build quite a bit. They are already reporting significant performance increases, as well as better load-balancing on CPU cores."

source: http://dev.arma3.com/sitrep-00039

find a better server to play on, or look into your settings

Really? What kind of stupid answer is that?

Really? What kind of stupid answer is that?

The truth I would assume.

Client FPS is tightly coupled to server FPS, if the server is low so is the client.

The truth I would assume.

Client FPS is tightly coupled to server FPS, if the server is low so is the client.

this, might want to know what you talk about before calling people stupid next time :D

OP might want to include his ingame settings though as some of them can drop fps quite a lot, mostly view distance and FSAA on his system

Playing arma 3 without FSAA on...YUK! It's like everything in the game was based on pieces of lego. Straight lines everywhere and that gets really ugly without FSAA on. On my machine theres not much difference between 2 or 4 but 8 samples...now THAT kills fps for me. Just that setting runs off with 25% of my FPS.

SSAO/HDR, cant tell the difference in FPS. Might introduce mouselag tho so I keep them low.

Viewing distance less than 2k as infantry, around 3500m as pilot, I guess.

Object detail standard or lower preferred

Particles low

Clouds low or off

Shadows off or High or better (doesn't use the CPU)

FSAA 2 or 4

The rest is a personal matter.

Edited by mamasan8

Playing arma 3 without FSAA on...YUK! It's like everything in the game was based on pieces of lego. Straight lines everywhere and that gets really ugly without FSAA on. On my machine theres not much difference between 2 or 4 but 8 samples...now THAT kills fps for me. Just that setting runs off with 25% of my FPS.

SSAO/HDR, cant tell the difference in FPS. Might introduce mouselag tho so I keep them low.

Viewing distance less than 2k as infantry, around 3500m as pilot, I guess.

Object detail standard or lower preferred

Particles low

Clouds low or off

Shadows off or High or better (doesn't use the CPU)

FSAA 2 or 4

The rest is a personal matter.

i agree about antialiasing in general, was mostly pointing it out as the default ultra preset puts it on 8x (at least for me)

i play with 3k view distance, standard or high object and terrain quality, 4x fsaa and everything else on ultra with 35-55+ fps online on sa-matra wasteland :)

What? thats just wrong... If you get "lego" action with any MSAA(is FSAA) on IN game your doing it wrong. And the ability to use max filters is really about your Vidcard and Resolution of your Display. Vidcard needs alot of VRAM(3GB+). VD and ObjD is about CPU.

Lego action happens from setting AA in the CCC or the nV 3DControlpanel incorrectly, with ATOC on.

@ mamasan8... Get a better vidcard when you can.. the game is better on ultra.

What? thats just wrong... If you get "lego" action with any MSAA(is FSAA) on IN game your doing it wrong. And the ability to use max filters is really about your Vidcard and Resolution of your Display. Vidcard needs alot of VRAM(3GB+). VD and ObjD is about CPU.

Lego action happens from setting AA in the CCC or the nV 3DControlpanel incorrectly, with ATOC on.

@ mamasan8... Get a better vidcard when you can.. the game is better on ultra.

yeah i think that's what he was saying about MSAA :) just that most gfx can't handle 8x without losing a lot of fps

also in response to vram, i played arma 3 just fine in ultra settings with my old gtx670 with 2gb vram in 1440p, afaik you only need a lot more if you play on several monitor setups or beyond 1440p etc

Edited by pr0ph3tSWE