Sign in to follow this  
Kydoimos

Creating a Campaign

Hello all,

I understand from what I've read in other posts that there are some issues with creating a campaign using the Arma 2 method. I was wondering if anyone can give me a break down on how to create a fully functional campaign for Arma 3? I just want a linear campaign, without hubs or optional missions - a straight link between a series of missions, with overview images and text. From what I've heard, the Arma 2 method reproduces the campaign twice in the campaign tree or something? I've had a look at BIS' campaign folder but the 'Xtra' functions seem quite confusing and complicated! Have BIS commented on the new campaign setup anywhere?

Thanks in advance to anyone who might shed some light on this one!

It works like in Arma 2; the double listing bug is gone but you still can't use a custom image for the campaign overview. Overview images for missions still work though.

Download Example

Thanks IndeedPete - good to know - shame about the overview image! I'll have a good stab at that soon and see if I can work it out. Though if you've had no luck I dare say I won't fare any better! Thanks as always for your response.

Hm, it does work after all. Flawless without the image I would say. I hope BIS finally takes some time to address this little issue. But at the moment, I'm way too lazy to finish my content and get it into campaign format anyway. :D

Hi guys, this is something I'd love to do. I was just wandering if there's any vid tutorials made for 1st timers that would show us the process step by step? Or maybe if there's not, maybe someone who makes campaigns could make a vid tutorial?

I woul love to make something like a 6 month tour of duty at a fob following a story.

Cheers

Well, you could take apart the example I've posted. It's really not that complicated. And I've made a post somewhere back in Arma 2 times with a little how-to. Maybe the forums search is able to find it. If you have questions feel free to ask but if I were you I'd download the example above and take a look at the description.ext. ;)